Clubplanet Nightlife Community

1 Year Ago Today

Exactly 1 Year ago today I smoked my last cigarette.

Sorry I have to tap myself on the back for this.

I know there are many people who will respond with something negative or sarcastic about my accomplishment. BUt I just figured I would let everyone who is actually trying to do it. It is possible. I used to smoke 2 + packs a day. On an average day. And when I partied it was more...

I feel a whole hell of alot better. Loaded with energy. And I saved a fortune in the past year. Instead of spending the money on cigarettes. I put extra money into my 401K at work and my companies stock. And of course a little extra into savings.

That is all... :D

And good luck to anyone else who is attempting. It is possible...

Originally posted by doubtness

2 PACKS A DAY!!!!

how long have u been smoking for?

I average about 3 cigarettes a day, and i'm trying to kick the habit.

I smoked for 9 Years. From when I was 14 till I was 23.

Yeah I was pretty bad. But I went on the patch for about 1+1/2 months. And dropped the habbit all together.

Originally posted by elementx

Exactly 1 Year ago today I smoked my last cigarette.

Sorry I have to tap myself on the back for this.

I know there are many people who will respond with something negative or sarcastic about my accomplishment. BUt I just figured I would let everyone who is actually trying to do it. It is possible. I used to smoke 2 + packs a day. On an average day. And when I partied it was more...

I feel a whole hell of alot better. Loaded with energy. And I saved a fortune in the past year. Instead of spending the money on cigarettes. I put extra money into my 401K at work and my companies stock. And of course a little extra into savings.

That is all... :D

And good luck to anyone else who is attempting. It is possible...

GOOD FOR YOU I try to get some of my friends to quit, but they are not tryin to hear it. Hopefully 1 day I will acomplish my goal

Originally posted by joeg

yeah, people gotta do that shit on their own... i have a friend whos quittin and i'm damn proud of him...

You are right. People tried to get me to quit for the longest.

When people finally left me alone. I woke up one day and just figured that it was the last day I would smoke. And that was it.

I tried to quit once before when my Grandfather Passed from Lung Cancer. That only lasted 1 Month.

So in reality the person has to decide on there own. And they really have to want to do it. Basically you have to get to the point that you cannot stand the habbit yourself. And anyone in my eyes can quit when it gets to that point. :D

One of the main things that I recommend for anyone who tries to quit. Try to cut out things that you associate with smoking. Only for a short time. Cause it cuts down on the urges a little bit.

Example - Drinking. Also after meals chew on a piece of gum. Or put a tooth pic in your mouth. That is one of the things that helped. I went through toothpics for some time.

congrats, i keep tryin to get my bf to quit but i try not to bother him too much about it for the reasons mentioned before.

its a gross habit though and deadly. one of my friend's boyfriend just got diagnosed with lung cancer as a result of smoking and HE IS 26. it can happen at any age people. be careful and take of yourself. :worry2:

Originally posted by erica127

congratulations cuz this is the hardest shit ever to do...

i use to smoke a pack a day or more & then stopped for a lil bit & now i tend to smoke stoges when i am drinkin & i wanna stop that, but it's so hard cuz most of my friends smoke :mad:

The crazy thing is. I thought that drinking would be my downfall. But believe it of not. I don't think about it at all when I drink. Actually I believe I had more urges when I was sober. Then when I was drunk. Go figure. But if you are only smoking when you drink that is great as well. At least you cut it out of most of your life... :cool:

The crazy thing is. I thought that drinking would be my downfall. But believe it of not. I don't think about it at all when I drink. Actually I believe I had more urges when I was sober. Then when I was drunk. Go figure. But if you are only smoking when you drink that is great as well. At least you cut it out of most of your life... :cool:

the funny thins is, is that when i tried to have one when i was sober cuz i had some left over from the night before, i almost died & couldn't smoke it...i felt like an idiot, but for some reason it comes so easily to me when i am drunk :laugh: :laugh:

dunno if that made any sense though

Originally posted by erica127

the funny thins is, is that when i tried to have one when i was sober cuz i had some left over from the night before, i almost died & couldn't smoke it...i felt like an idiot, but for some reason it comes so easily to me when i am drunk :laugh: :laugh:

dunno if that made any sense though

The worst now is coming home from a club or bar. And after I sober up after a night of sleep. I put my cloths together to go to the laundry on Sunday. And I want to :puke: the smell is horrored. :mad:

The worst now is coming home from a club or bar. And after I sober up after a night of sleep. I put my cloths together to go to the laundry on Sunday. And I want to :puke: the smell is horrored. :mad:

i toatlly hate that...& the thing that sux even more is that the smell stays in my hair & i hate it...when i am showerin & shampooin it i smell it & it is nasty as hell...but i still smoke when i am drunk :laugh:

Originally posted by boriginal

cigerettes are fucking nasty, congrats. jst dont get stressed out over something and start up again

Thanks. And I think I have passed that phase. Life is full of stress. And yet I dont even think about them. :D

And thank you to everyone who posted on this thread. :D