Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who is your favorite nyc dj?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djxeno

Armand Van Helden LOL.

Hell yeah Armand Van helden hes definetly one of my fav Dj's..I feel he is underapreciated. Of course u cant say Ny by saying Danny Tenaglia and last but not least Erick Morillo.. all 3 DJ's are fuckin sick...Honerbale mention...NOt sure of his name Timm from shelter...he amazed me alot the one time i've seen him at shelter and DJ Cleveland at SF basement/.

Cleveland is my Fave DJ right now- His energy is unreal, always upbeat and fun. And the best part is he looks like he is enjoying himself, not like he is in pain or bored. And when JP is on, like at Classics night for example. He is right up there. And Teneglia of course. But Cleve is the Shizzle right now

• 2 years later...

I'm including Long Island djs in my list, since they have rocked NYC out on more occassions than I'm able to describe:

Rob James

That Kid Chris

Razor

Chris & Kai

L.E.S.

Lord G.

Anthony Martinez

Remy

Jason Ojeda

Guido Osorio (even though he's not really a NY dj anymore)

K.C. Anderson (didn't hear of him until I heard him spin one summer at Ohm on the Island, and then later at the former Nation party that was originally located in Commack, LI. He's a remarkable talent)

Mike Whitmore (he's been killing it over the last year or so)

Rik Santiago (excellent dj and producer, and a great individual)

Junior (his dedication to the NY scene is undeniable)

Shunji Moriwaki (from what I know, he doesn't even spin in NY anymore, but he did spin from time to time, both at the Tunnel and at other obscure little spots, and he threw down some crazy tribal; he's also an excellent producer)

No one could teach Jr. during his Tunnel & Palladium residencies. After the downfall of Palladium & JR., DT took over but after the demise of Arc. I don't really know. Maybe Peter Rauhofer but I never really checked him out. I want to say Calderone but he's mostly out of town so, the spot for king of NYC is open.

Here it is:

Danny T: Gets MAD PROPS for keeping it real in NYC

Morillo: What more can be said about this man.

Timmy R.: Body & Soul!!! Nuff Said, anybody that has been there knows

Cleveland: I only heard him once, but I loved his stuff

That's it.