Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok how come ARC isn't B.Y.O.B. ?

quoth

This may seem like a silly question...

but alright if they dont have a liqueor license why can't u just bring yer own beverages?

i mean is it just a club policy itself that they restrict and if it was unrestricted then maybe people could drink?

Reason i ask this...is cause i think back to Pseudo which in no way am i comparing to ARC but still..the place didnt have a liqueor license but u were allowed to bring yer own beer.

eh fucking regardless...u should be able to bring yer own beer in there goddamnit! :laugh:

Im so rollin in with a 40 of O.E.

I don't think that it's legal to do that actually!

And can you just see people Rum Running at Vinyl, imagine some kid rollin through with a 12 of Meister Brau! Or a plastic bottle of Georgi Vodka!

That would be Armageddon there if you could do that, no one would go to any other clubs because it's a million times cheaper to buy your own booze!

Originally posted by cintron

;) or Colt Fo'Tay Fahv if the bodega is out of OE

7.jpg

Haha....lookin kinda like DJ Skribble right there back when he used to chug a 40 when scratching out during 'Tap a Bottle' in YBT...

So I guess Route 85A didn't care??

Besides all the other problems, they wouldn't allow it at Arc because: A: too easy to sneak in other drugs that way (i.e. G); B: too messy; C: They have their good reputation to some extent because they DON'T serve alcohol (i.e. with people who don't want to deal with drunks); D: In order to make any money, they'd have to charge cover for the alcohol + get a cooler somewhere where you could take out your own alcohol (logistical nightmare), etc, etc.....sure you get the drift.

Ha Ha was talking about the exact same thing last night with a mate over a few beers and we came to the conclusion that probably nothing stopping them from letting u do it but that the management want to keep in good terms with the cops and community so they wouldn't allow it from that point of view could be completely wrong but its a theroy.

Arc which used to be called Vinyl and before that Shelter only ever had a Beer and Wine license because the community board (1) blocked almost every attempt for them to get one.

Secondly because of the now defuct Wetlands and North River bar, the club fell into the 500 foot rule which again stopped it from getting a full liquor license.

When the owners of Vinyl ran the club the police sent in several underage drinkers in to purchase wine and beer and they got caught serving to underage.

Therefore the SLA revoked their beer and Wine licence for 2 years.

However during that 2 year period 97-99 the club was the scene of a shooting during a Saturday night Hip-Hop party and therefore the Community board together with the SLA said the club could NEVER get their license back

When the current manager (Ex-Twilo manager)and his German investor took over the space in 2002 they made several attempts to regain the license and the SLA together with HUGE community board objection refused them outright.

The community in that area does not want that club to even be there anymore and are doing everything in their powder to get the space closed. Thats why the security at the club is so tight.

Hope this info brings you some clarity?

Originally posted by joeg

i'd be happy if i didn't have to smuggle chewing gum in there, let alone alcohol...

AMEN to that. I sometimes smuggle gum in my show, the last few times I put it in my inside jacket pocket. I got caught once an got away with it twice. Next time I will buy gum and hide it so when they find it, they will not look in all the pockets for the other one.

Wish me luck

Originally posted by housedog

AMEN to that. I sometimes smuggle gum in my show, the last few times I put it in my inside jacket pocket. I got caught once an got away with it twice. ...

Ahhh there are better way to smuggle gum inside...but if i told you then i'd have to kill you lol I dont get it why no gum allowed?? guess they just dont want to have to pick it up? or am i missing something?

bern

Originally posted by berniec

Ahhh there are better way to smuggle gum inside...but if i told you then i'd have to kill you lol I dont get it why no gum allowed?? guess they just dont want to have to pick it up? or am i missing something?

bern

Before they renovated Vinyl then it became "ARC"..the walls were hideous and needed a paint job BADLY.

So with the renovations they re-painted the whole place which had to cost in the thousands judging from the space and the fact that yer not painting a house here..yer painting a club.

So i suppose because of the new paint job and asshole who do high-school shit like stick gum on the wall instead of the garbage is too risky for them to let gum inside since they just invested all that money...

and for what? for the walls to look like yer 8th grade class room? :confused:

Originally posted by quoth

Before they renovated Vinyl then it became "ARC"..the walls were hideous and needed a paint job BADLY.

So with the renovations they re-painted the whole place which had to cost in the thousands judging from the space and the fact that yer not painting a house here..yer painting a club.

So i suppose because of the new paint job and asshole who do high-school shit like stick gum on the wall instead of the garbage is too risky for them to let gum inside since they just invested all that money...

and for what? for the walls to look like yer 8th grade class room? :confused:

another reason i am glad they don't allow gum is cause i sat on some on the bench in VIP last week. gumon your clothes is far more iirtating than seeing it on the walls.