Clubplanet Nightlife Community

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the album is pretty good myself as well. All these people are just 50 cent haters who have nothing better to do than post on a msg board raggin on him. Fact of the matter is he's making a millions of dollars and your not....So I ask you to point out where he's gone wrong? :eek::confused:

i think im with zeek on this one, he is really hit or miss.

ON guess who's back there was like 3-4 songs that i thought were ridicoulously good, and then theres some u can tell he just wrote in an hour.

I only like a couple from the new album, but i think he still has a lot of potential to make some crazy shit..

Did you ever think that you would be this rich?

Did you ever think that you would have these hits?

Did you ever think I'd flash the 9...

and walk off with your shit like its mine!

he can still do that, he just needs to be provoked i think

dont hate on the guy...ALWAYS SOME HATERS OUT THERE!!! i would love to see some of you jokers pick up a mic and even spit one verse that can compete with his. thats why he sold more than 2 million in 3 weeks...oh but thats not good enough. oh and he only beat out eminem and dr dre's debute album. but thats still not good enough. dont hate on the guy hes doing his thing...unless you losers wanna hear some more bling bling and what kind of rims i drive on shyit. i think this jut breaks up alot of the garbage that is out there now cause there is a lot of shit ass music out there!!!!

all this hating is unfair. im a hip hop head...a true one..i hate everythin mainstream..i cant stand bling bling and crissy...but some of u just hate on someone because he's gotten exposure.

50 is one of the illest lyricists ever!..yup..i said it...go listen to some of his old shit...ill list some tracks u need to download if u like. his album is not garbage...i bet half of u who r talkin shit dont even own it...and havent listened to it. his shit is proper.

u talk shit about 50 cause his songs talk about bubbly in the club..and shit like that??? hold the fuck up..leme remind u that some of the guys that get respect today had worse songs than that..

jay-z - sunshine

tupac- i get around/hit em up

Gza- check out his 1st album..STRAIGHT POP

Biggie- He ushered in the era of versace..cristal..etc etc

The Wu itself- sold the fuck out..but still get props

Big L- MVP

the list goes on..

the niggas that KEEP IT REAL also KEEP IT BROKE...i.e. Rakim..M.O.P etc etc. dont hate on 50 cause he has 2-3 commerical songs...most of u dont know shit about him..the first time u heard of him was on How To Rob an Industry nigga..and then havent heard shit from him up until 2 mths ago.

Ask any true hip hop head..who keeps their ear in the street...50 gets respect....major respect. ppl dissin 50 can be compared to the blind arguin whether the sun is yellow or orange...

go download some of his old shit...then come back to me and tell me he's whack...

heres a list..AGAIN...

the good die young

evil that men do ft. cardan

Streets of NY

Nobody Likes Me

Rowdy Rowdy...

if u need more..ill b glad to put the ignorant on

i think people need to realize that just because something isn't their "brand of hiphop" (or whatever, for that matter) it doesn't make it "suck"...

theres a difference between "bad" music and "music you don't like"...

50's not my favorite rapper ever, but you can't deny that he has one of the best attitudes i've seen on tv in ages, and he definately did his time in the 'real world' and deserves whatever hes earning now...

he said something like "don't get me wrong... i'm not glorifying slinging crack... but i was at the point that it was either die or do that to survive... once i started rapping i quit dealing... but i'm just telling people about my experiences" (thats not verbatim, but you get the idea...)

if you lived the hell that was his life, you'd probably lose your mind when people say you don't deserve having money now...

people aren't born on equal footing... so sometimes rules/laws have to be broken to even things out... if no rapper ever sold drugs... most of the major breakthroughs in hiphop would never have happened due to lack of funding... you think before hiphop was a money maker that rich whiteguys were going to help out poor kids from the ghetto speaking a language they didn't even understand??

people either sold drugs, or got fronted money by people who did to pay for studio time or equipment...

one example? NWA... Dr. Dre got Eazy E to front the money for all that... E was a notorious drug dealer at the time...

think about hiphop today if NWA never happened? the early 90s was practically all connected to those guys... death-row? 2pac? the whole east/west fued that got MEDIA attention... the whole thing...

its not something to be proud of... but when it comes to starving or making shit happen... legal or not... what are you going to choose?

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

all this hating is unfair. im a hip hop head...a true one..i hate everythin mainstream..i cant stand bling bling and crissy...but some of u just hate on someone because he's gotten exposure.

50 is one of the illest lyricists ever!..yup..i said it...go listen to some of his old shit...ill list some tracks u need to download if u like. his album is not garbage...i bet half of u who r talkin shit dont even own it...and havent listened to it. his shit is proper.

u talk shit about 50 cause his songs talk about bubbly in the club..and shit like that??? hold the fuck up..leme remind u that some of the guys that get respect today had worse songs than that..

jay-z - sunshine

Big L- MVP

the list goes on..

the niggas that KEEP IT REAL also KEEP IT BROKE...i.e. Rakim..M.O.P etc etc. dont hate on 50 cause he has 2-3 commerical songs...most of u dont know shit about him..the first time u heard of him was on How To Rob an Industry nigga..and then havent heard shit from him up until 2 mths ago.

Ask any true hip hop head..who keeps their ear in the street...50 gets respect....major respect. ppl dissin 50 can be compared to the blind arguin whether the sun is yellow or orange...

go download some of his old shit...then come back to me and tell me he's whack...

heres a list..AGAIN...

the good die young

Streets of NY

Nobody Likes Me

Rowdy Rowdy...

agreed.

as for raw talent... 50's got it. and theres so many differnt kinds of rap.. and his shit is gangsta rap. so wat. if you dont like it. then watever, thats your opinion.. but all im saying is he has talent and hes good at wat he does. and i dont understand how soo mmany poeple think that when something goes mainstreem that its bad or it aint good no more.. hows that work? in some ways, cheeze sells.. but in more ways, it got to be mainstreem becasue the majority of the crowd/concumers thought it was good enough to spend money on it. i just dont see how the more poeple that like a certain rapper/artist that they get worse as an artist.. it sometimes seems to me that for those poeple that they dont like shit that gets mainstream because they dont think its cool liking everyhting everyone else likes, and trying to be so individualistic.. retarted, getting popular doesnt make one self a worse artist. and on the money side of things, everyone wants money, thats why we cal it money, and he grew up a poor ass mofo, now he has a chance to make some dough using his talents, story etc... now whats wrong witht that? its free enterprising.. its america. as for his album.. i personally like it, its got good beats and has great skill involved.

i listened to the album and i have to say that 50 cent will single handedly save hip hop/rap music. every other video i see is either rappers in love or talking about their cars or money. 50 is real and he doesnt pose. look at ja rule making videos copying the end of grease yet singing murda murda. thats some corny shit, and every one else poppin crystal and shit. look at snoop dogg and jay-z's latest video with pharell, their both pop as shit. 50 is a real banger but he doesnt glorify it, it just is what it is. hes got a slow flow but so did mase back in 97-98 and he was popular. i have a feeling ja rule is gonna fall off pretty soon and harder songs will replace pop rap. i think the worst thing i ever saw was the mtv fanography of eminem. all the fans were super rich and knew about as little about hip hop as you possibly can. one was white girl that was like 14 years old, what could she possible know, yet she was talking about benzinos beef with eminem. ill be glad when the music starts coming from the streets again, unfortunately signing with eminem ensures that 50 will continually deviate towards pop.

jay-z - sunshine

Big L- MVP

the list goes on..

heres a list..AGAIN...

the good die young

Streets of NY

Nobody Likes Me

Rowdy Rowdy...

You really take this 50 Cent stuff personally huh?

Like, you're mad that not everyone is all on his dick.

Like I said, he's hit or miss. I've heard about 10 or so of his tracks played on the radio, and some are real real good, and some are pretty bad. Lyrically he pales in comparison to so many rappers it's not even funny. Eminem blows him away in every respect, and thats just to name a guy in his own crew. Again, his pronunciation is horrible, shot in the mouth or not. He's definitely a step in the right direction for hip-hop in general, but let's not get carried away. Opinions are opinions, but from what I have heard from the guy, he's not all that. And his radio interviews make him look retarded. Some of the shit that comes out of his mouth just makes you wonder.

And to say that 50 doesn't rap about any of that bling bling shit, please. '50, aka Ferrari F50'

I'm not saying he's garbage, cause he's not at all. But one of the illest lyricists ever? Yikes. i don't think so.

i do take this 50 shit personally..ive been sayin he's my fav rapper for 5 yrs now....and to flip the script now would be stupid....shit....he is the tightest MC out there right now..ask Eminem..he'll tell u the same...

as for him talkin about shiny things...what rapper hasnt mentioned cars..if u want me to start ill recite 50 verses dealin with cars from 50 different rappers..ON DEMAND

i do take this 50 shit personally..ive been sayin he's my fav rapper for 5 yrs now....and to flip the script now would be stupid....shit....he is the tightest MC out there right now..ask Eminem..he'll tell u the same...

as for him talkin about shiny things...what rapper hasnt mentioned cars..if u want me to start ill recite 50 verses dealin with cars from 50 different rappers..ON DEMAND

ok, humor me then....

Who do you think is a better rapper, 50 cent or Eminem?

Not who is your favorite, but who you think has more talent.

Not really on topic, just curious....

Originally posted by zeeker

ok, humor me then....

Who do you think is a better rapper, 50 cent or Eminem?

Not who is your favorite, but who you think has more talent.

Not really on topic, just curious....

Eminem ofcourse....mama didnt raise no fool

You're livin in the past

50 was ill back in the day.........but that was before this piece of shit spectacle. Jay Z was ill back in the day too.....but now his shit SUX. I know people might be all up on 50's dick cause he's the biggest thing on the radio, but it'll pass

Face it......this album deserves as much attention as a beer coaster. Its garbage

Originally posted by djjonstephen

You're livin in the past

50 was ill back in the day.........but that was before this piece of shit spectacle. Jay Z was ill back in the day too.....but now his shit SUX. I know people might be all up on 50's dick cause he's the biggest thing on the radio, but it'll pass

Face it......this album deserves as much attention as a beer coaster. Its garbage

i highly doubt that u even own the album

Obviously some people here have never even heard the albums he only put out on the street.

I mean really, there is no one out there right now that comes close to him. Can any of you haters name someone? And Eminem dosen't count.

And on a side note. Did anyone else hear Jay-Z on hot 97 the other day saying he was retiring? Its about time, he fell off awhile ago.

Originally posted by kaligirl

I mean really, there is no one out there right now that comes close to him. Can any of you haters name someone? And Eminem dosen't count.

Talib Kwali

El-P

Copyright

Pharoahe Monch

Mos Def

They might not come close to him in terms of "popularity" ...but lyrically I believe any of the names mentioned above would sweep him under the rug.

killa kweenz up in here biatch!! hehe. seriously though don't judge 50 by what u hear on his album and on tv, u got to remember that he has like a million bootleg mix tapes he released in jamaica that are hot as shit but get no hype cuz its not on mtv. fuck mtv. and eminem is not the best mc out there, he has a nice flow but hes just hype and always has been, his career as a rapper is basically over.

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Talib Kwali

El-P

Copyright

Pharoahe Monch

Mos Def

They might not come close to him in terms of "popularity" ...but lyrically I believe any of the names mentioned above would sweep him under the rug.

I should have made myself clear on what I was asking.

I definatly agree with you on the above. No doubt about it. I was really asking about anyone mainstream. Cause I really can't think of anyone.