Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I could be WAY off here...

but I *think* I've heard some of you mentioned liking Victor Calderone (I may be thinking his name was dropped in another group of friends... LOL)

Anyhow, if its you guys... he's at Velvet Nation on April 19.

Insane Clown Posse & 2 live Crew on April 8 at Nation.. I'm so there :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Anyhow, if its you guys... he's at Velvet Nation on April 19.

Reeeeeally??? I'll def. go - never heard him live. I understand he lays down some pretty wicked tribal... Am i right? I wonder if he is gonna do the same at Velvet, cause i ont wanna go hear tons of gay anthems (not that theres anything wrong with it:tongue: )

Tiny, thanks for the info. Can you remind me once it gets closer to the date, cause i dont check Velvet's website.

Originally posted by nautilus60

Reeeeeally??? I'll def. go - never heard him live. I understand he lays down some pretty wicked tribal... Am i right? I wonder if he is gonna do the same at Velvet, cause i ont wanna go hear tons of gay anthems (not that theres anything wrong with it:tongue: )

Tiny, thanks for the info. Can you remind me once it gets closer to the date, cause i dont check Velvet's website.

I'll remind ya :D I haven't been to Velvet in FOREVER! I wanna go!! Will you wear your Whore shirt for me? ;)

i've heard him @ velvet a couple of times a loooong time ago. he does some nice tribal sorta pots-and-pans-y sounding stuff. but the gay house will be in effect, i'm sure as well. a while away but i've had lots of fun hearing him before!

Originally posted by adeliz01

Saw him @ Crobar in Miami, really fun.

The funniest part of the nite was when me, Sam, and Anne walked by the door guy without him saying anything, and then says to Brian "You do know its gay night, right?"

Hahaha.. I knew his following was gay but totally forgot when we were going to see him at Crobar last year.. So me and my friend strut in there, and I'm like oooh, so many hot guys.. Then 2-3 seconds later we're both like, waaaaaaaaait a minute, they are all making out WITH guys :laugh::rolleyes: The funny part was that some guys were giving us this wierd look and only later we realized that they were trying to figure out if we were really girls or guys in drag done real well (no, we don't look like guys at all, but I seen some guys look hotter than any girl out there)..

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, Victor KICKS ass.. Yes, sick tribal that will just make ya smile and dance your ass off.. Too f*ckin' bad I'm leaving Sunday afternoon and his party at Crobar is Sunday night :rolleyes:

And where is Velvet Nation? What is it like???

Originally posted by mysteriousss

Hahaha.. I knew his following was gay but totally forgot when we were going to see him at Crobar last year.. So me and my friend strut in there, and I'm like oooh, so many hot guys.. Then 2-3 seconds later we're both like, waaaaaaaaait a minute, they are all making out WITH guys :laugh::rolleyes: The funny part was that some guys were giving us this wierd look and only later we realized that they were trying to figure out if we were really girls or guys in drag done real well (no, we don't look like guys at all, but I seen some guys look hotter than any girl out there)..

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, Victor KICKS ass.. Yes, sick tribal that will just make ya smile and dance your ass off.. Too f*ckin' bad I'm leaving Sunday afternoon and his party at Crobar is Sunday night :rolleyes:

Hehe. That's like the Simpson's where Homer goes to the She-She Bar and it's all lesbians around him (mmmmmmm.... lesbians.... :drool: ). He looks around and goes "Wait a minute, something's not right here. This place has no fire exits!" :laugh:

velvet nation is at Nation in SE DC, where Buzz used to be, where we typically went on Fridays before it got shut down by the armed forces because there is a navy base nearby and they claimed that recruits were getting drugs specifically from Buzz on Friday...anyway, thats an old stiry which were still pissed of at :mad: , especially since nothing was mentioned about Velvet and the fact that you could go in with a machine gun since they dont search you and wreck havoc there.

its a big wearhouse w/a front room and a main room with 3 levels in the back and a porch that is open during the summer. great place, we had some of our best times at Nation. all the big name dj's spun there when Buzz was there. I think it got voted best club in America by URB for 3 years in a row.

Shady - I haven't seen that one!!! And I thought I saw them all.. Sounds funny :D

Vic - aaahh, I see Nation every day (what an ugly ass building).. I actually work at that Navy Base LOL.. I just wasn't sure this Nation was Velvet Nation :confused: Aaaanyway, I'm there for Calderone :D:cool: He mah baby.. I got a real hot pic of him at home, I'll post it later..

Shady - I haven't seen that one!!! And I thought I saw them all.. Sounds funny :D

Vic - aaahh, I see Nation every day (what an ugly ass building).. I actually work at that Navy Base LOL.. I just wasn't sure this Nation was Velvet Nation :confused: Aaaanyway, I'm there for Calderone :D:cool: He mah baby.. I got a real hot pic of him at home, I'll post it later..

go to this ip address, its from Buzz and has pics from the night Sasha and Digweed were there for Delta Heavy. Has some nice pics of the main room.

http://www.buzzlife.com/index.php?pg=media&event_id=263