Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rain, last night what happened?

illuminaughty

Originally posted by illuminaughty

passed by RAIN to check out Jon's birthday bash at about 3 am main room was shut down there was about 20 people in side room for Ralph Falcon. I guess most people stayed home and are saving their money. oh well........

I also don't know what happened at Rain but people are NOT saving their money... I was at Sky Bar from 12:30 till 2am and that place was super packed and so was Mynt....lots of eye candy, music sucked a$$ though, oh! and too fucking hot too. So we decided to go to Rain and found the place empty...like you said maybe 30 to 40 people.... still had fun though and more fun than at Sky Bar. Good music from Ralph and also from Jimmy T. who by the way dropped a nice remix of Coldplay's "Clocks". :D

Guest saleen351

I don't think Rain will make it. They have everything right except the venue...

This is why maze should move the rain party over there..:idea: and get eddie g and his morons out of there..

Originally posted by saleen351

This is why maze should move the rain party over there..:idea: and get eddie g and his morons out of there..

give credit when credit is due.

this time you are right on the money! Ralph F and Jimmy T are the next big djs here (along with of course stryke) but them being at Rain in the upcoming summer months would suck with the heat, "rain", and humidity.

ive forwarded this to the maze gang see if they can pull the punch;)

a nice big club with A/C and a good soundsystem and then the fit is nicer.

last night i was just hanging at a friends house on SOBE not even dressed to go in anywhere. but i drove by Crobar and the line outside was a mob.and had friends reprt to me as laliuz said that Sky Bar was a zoo.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Rain was good as long as Jimmy was spinning.....way to go babe!!! You were awesome. Around 1:45 we all went to Maze.....had a blast there. It was pretty full. Saw that JImmy jumped shit and came over tooo....*lol*

another thing, what was up with MAZE not letting anyone else in the main room at 2 am, I found that pretty weird! Maybe they had enough people taking advantage of the open bar. Lime was moderately packed although the highs were turned up way too much and was rather ear peircing . I can say I was mildy amused watching some older woman drunk off her ass in her thongs struggling along with her boyfriend trying to put her pants back on for about 45 mins. It was quite a spectacle! :rofl:

rain.gif

Wooooooow!!! Last night Rain threw a very classy party, the music was right on...I like my music on the tribal side and it was there so I was on for a soft ride. I would like to hear Ralph F and Jimmy T at the main room at Maze sometimes but I don't think they should do that instead of this...last night was a different story.

It reminded me of the good old south beach and it's cool to see it still exists and can be found, a kick ass venue with an intimate setting. I saw lots of familiar faces, CP was definitively in the house... Ralph F and Jimmy T kept me smiling and dancing all night, very good job guys...very classy!

It's important to have these parties, not everything has to be business, business, bussiness...when a club gets too gritty, these eclectic parties may be considered less profitable than a hip-hop-jam that brings in kids by the thousands (literally). I was talking to the guys at the bar and they told they're filling the place up from wall to wall...at Rain??? With 1,300 people? Nuh, I don't think I want to be there then...Rain is better when it's not as full...last night wasn't a full house but it felt great to be at a real party, everyone was having a great time, the bartenders and staff were super cool...keep it going, I would definitively not have a problem on going back...I'm looking forward to my next time there, actually.

I hadn't been to Rain in a while and didn't really missed it but it felt good to be there last night, it's a venue very familiar to a lot of us who grew up in Miami...if you ever went to that same venue when it used to be Groove Jet, then you know you hold good memories.

Great to see all cp legends in the house, nice to see Madeleine and her friend, nice people, Laliux, Saleen, Digital7, The Hog, Pod and beautiful smiley girls all over the place...thanks to Cadhy for the all the perks and to Jimmy T and Ralph Falcon for the music...a musical highlight of the night for me was to hear the remix of Coldplay's "Clocks"...it's one of my favorite bands and the remix is very well done, it was the first time I heard it...kicks ass.

I had a blast! (((((((from the past))))))) ;):D

peace

Funk :cool:

alc.gifrain.gifleb.giflol.gif

Originally posted by illuminaughty

another thing, what was up with MAZE not letting anyone else in the main room at 2 am, I found that pretty weird! Maybe they had enough people taking advantage of the open bar. Lime was moderately packed although the highs were turned up way too much and was rather ear peircing . I can say I was mildy amused watching some older woman drunk off her ass in her thongs struggling along with her boyfriend trying to put her pants back on for about 45 mins. It was quite a spectacle! :rofl:

I saw that slut too. Attention whore!

hey guys - here's my 2 cents on last night

the promotion staff as well as dj's - gill, myself, jimmy - we did our job - we had quite a crowd early, a good industry crowd at that. we had the hooj guys out, marcus shultz was seen, the dance valley crew from the netherlands, and dade, amongst countless others - thanks for the support.. also would like too thank those for coming out for my b-day including all the cp'ers who stopped in too say hello..

now the venue on the other hand - failed big time.. We had both rooms with nice crowds in them but here is the prob.. why on earth would a venue spend so much money on fixing up the place and put an absolutely crap sound system in. The main room being outside is also no help - did they forget about the humidity of florida? anyways - bottom line - horrble sound - no way too create a real vibe and grab the people.. I was residnet in this space when it was groovejet - remember that place?? dirty, stinky, no major light show - but it had an incredible sound system and a vibe second too none - the groovejet crew invested widely in the things a club needed - good sound, good dj's, and good alcohol - weird concept huh? anyways,big thanks too gil and espcially jimmy for including me in a great concept. I know jimmy and I will continue too work together and we'll get the right place - only a matter of time... and if all else fails - back too europe for djing for me - LOL - seriously though - lets make something good work at home for a change...

thanks again for those who ventured out. It was much appreciated....

best

Jon Cowan

For the time it lasted it was fun, as Jon said, major industry crowd was present...good conversations for WMC stuff :)

The speakers are literally rotting being outdoors like that, the terazzo floor doesn't help either. As a venue, Rain is horrid, and the managment simply doesn't have a clue.

Originally posted by pod

As a venue, Rain is horrid, and the managment simply doesn't have a clue.

Just buck up and smoke a peace pipe. :D

I'm not a fan of the Venue, but as long as Jimmy is there, I'll do my best to support. Reasonable bottles and I found the staff to be very polite.

Despite all the issues, I had a great time. Good music, good too see friends, and good to stay the fuck away from the spring break zoo.

Both Jimmy and Ralph did a great job, and brought several smiles to my faces (Especailly when dropping Jeferson Airplaine!)

and thanks again to Jimmy for the CD!

I ended up in bed early ... kinda flu syndrome ... sorry boyz ....

One of the biggest promoters in town tried to do something with Rain last year ... and ...

Quality music ... like the one you guys bring down ... will prevail ... see you in the dance floor ... :hat:

Originally posted by saleen351

all i gotta say is if imma moron y where we packed till 5am??????

u dont even know me buddy. so please dont make negative remarks.

:rolleyes::laugh::blank:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by eddyguerra305

all i gotta say is if imma moron y where we packed till 5am??????

u dont even know me buddy. so please dont make negative remarks.

:rolleyes::laugh::blank:

Ok, i got your pm, and i was gonna respond, but since you are an industry guy you should learn some PR skills... YOu have none and your big mouth is gonna hurt you on this board.. trust me...

anyways...

I"m happy you got ralph falcon as your resident dj.... its a good move, but i'll go on record of saying, too little too late...

think about it

nerve

maze

new space

nocturnal

the beach

the slow season in 8 days

you are going up against lp and a couple guys from chicago...

then loft 120 in lauderdale with acosta

then spi is actually pretty good

crobar keeps on going

level should be leveled soon

then you have the hip hop crowd on sobe.... and since my gat and kevlar vest got stolen, I can risk walking around down there.

music though I think its better than last year, since its more progressive, but the masses gave up on tunes... people don't even download the tracks like they use to... Think about it, they are so turned off by the current crop of tunes they don't even steal them with a click of the mouse anymore...:idea:

i hope maze turns it out, but I have many doubts...

ps I know one thing, the nj shore will be packed out again this summer... and sobe and miami and the hamptons are all dead....

3 months till Tempts opens...:eek:

well guys,

I do think we have all the key ingrediants too making something work... we have the right dj's , the correct key players, and if the club tweaks the sounds a bit - I think we've got a good thing going.. lets make this work people - Jimmy and I need your continued support... cyou in two week?

Jon

ps - ENJOY WMC~

Originally posted by jcbliss

well guys,

I do think we have all the key ingrediants too making something work... we have the right dj's , the correct key players, and if the club tweaks the sounds a bit - I think we've got a good thing going.. lets make this work people - Jimmy and I need your continued support... cyou in two week?

Jon

ps - ENJOY WMC~

Hey Jon, I'll definitively come out in two weeks. My advice is don't expect anything from Rain's management, I know from experience that they'll tell you they'll care of it and it will be on the place when you see it again...if you feel the sound could be better, take care of it yourself. Contact whomever is in charge of tweeking the equipment there. Rain actually has a very decent system, it's just all out of phase and neglected...have somebody take a look at it and I think you guys will be able to get a much better sound.

peace

Nice night, great seeing Jimmy T spin an awesome set wish it couldve lasted longer,but no complains here.Also nice hanging with friends and shooting the shyts hope RAIN picks it up for the reason that it brings a nice crowd and the place is really nice.The sound system ahhhhhhhh you guys know but fruck it......

Later ran down actually drove to the grove to catch some of Edgars set @ oxygen both places semi-empty I guess everyone is waiting for this upcoming week.I am also but you gotta come out and support your LOCAL DJs......well hope everyone had a great time......peace.

THe talent was awsome at rain on fri. But the sound system is a little out of gas. I also like the cheep bottle pricing and friendly staff but the place is kinda out of the way.

I'll still come out to hear Jimmy and crew:D :D

Originally posted by vipnerd

I ended up in bed early ... kinda flu syndrome ... sorry boyz ....

One of the biggest promoters in town tried to do something with Rain last year ... and ...

Quality music ... like the one you guys bring down ... will prevail ... see you in the dance floor ... :hat:

Get well soon VIP! We need you to be 100% Vip for Tuesday night! :aright:

peace

illuminaughty- I guess try to make it out earlier next time.

3 words...

Quality Not Quantity

Great music w/ a great vibe.

Similar to what Ongaku was all about. (biggups Stryke!)

Eddy, I'm glad you had a great turn out, even if it was one of those "free-l:)ader" crowds lol. Keep MAZE alive!

Theres enuff cats to fill every freak'n club on the beach,

please save the drama fo-yo mama.

Cool see'n the CP crew in the house.

See you guys @ RAIN. Local house people rule!

attachment.php?postid=1372451

Buga® is a registered trademark under Bugaloo® All rights reserved, Peace!