Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drinkland?

I noticed an add on Tronic Treatment's website for Drinkland.

The party is on Tuesday nights and its supposed to be Deep Minimal Techno.

Has anyone been to this party or even the venue itself? I'm thinking of checking it out tonight and want to hear some opinions on the place.

been there a few times.....music is always on point (if you're into that stuff) drinks are cheap and its free to get in. not much dancing, since deep minimal shit tends to be more laid back.....i'd go check it out more often if i lived closer. i think you should give it a try...

venue itself is cute.

nice side rooms, with good seating.

but the crowd is not representative of the area it's in. it's now a lot of yuppies, lots of khakis, A&F wearing people.. with girls wearing black fuck me pants and lil purses in their armpits.

Thanks for all the info!!! I think I'm gonna go ahead and check it out. All the nice weather we've been having lately has put me in this mood where all I want to do is just go out and do things and have fun, plus the fact that I just got back from spring break this past weekend...lol

Originally posted by kitty19

but the crowd is not representative of the area it's in. it's now a lot of yuppies, lots of khakis, A&F wearing people.. with girls wearing black fuck me pants and lil purses in their armpits.

drinkland tuesdays?? you smoking crack? it's the exact OPPOSITE of all you just said. now, maybe other nights it's different, but not on tuesday.

So I ended up goin to check this place out and it was pretty cool. The place was very small but it was still pretty nice in a quaint sort of way. I got there around 11 and the place was empty. I didn't want to stay too late because I had work this morning. When I left around 12:45 the place was suprisingly packed. All of the seats were pretty much filled up. The drinks weren't bad, they were $5 each. The music was pretty cool but it was a little too chilled out for my tastes. I wish they would have played a little harder. All in all it was just a relaxing night out. I think music wise I want to check out the Monday night Tronic Treatment party next.

While we're on the subject of these smaller venues, does anyone know of any other small, underground type places with no cover and electronic music? The only places I know of are Liquids, Leopard Lounge, and now Drinkland. I really want to find more places like this.

Originally posted by spd1980

While we're on the subject of these smaller venues, does anyone know of any other small, underground type places with no cover and electronic music? The only places I know of are Liquids, Leopard Lounge, and now Drinkland. I really want to find more places like this.

SUllivan Room, from what i hear - i haven't been there yet. But there are tons of other small parties going on. There are some places in the LES side that are generally good but I have only been to swim for a monthly residency that my friend has there.

Yeah, I think Sullivan Room is where the Tronic Treatment Party is. I guess its all about exploration and trying out different places each week until you find a few places that you really like.

P.S.

I just noticed The Homegrown NYC Party in another post. It takes place on Tuesday's at Leopard Lounge. It looks kind of cool too!

Yeah, I think Sullivan Room is where the Tronic Treatment Party is. I guess its all about exploration and trying out different places each week until you find a few places that you really like.

P.S.

I just noticed The Homegrown NYC Party in another post. It takes place on Tuesday's at Leopard Lounge. It looks kind of cool too!

tuesdays on the ground level.. oh yes.

sullivan room was rockin this past week.. $5 for top techno talent is unmatched in this city.

another free party i hear nothing but good things about is "Milk" on wednesdays at Cafe DeVille (103 3rd ave). techno, house and electro.. if i wasnt so dead from tuesdays every week, i'd be at this party way more often..

and for the record.. i luv me a small party. (even tho my avatar says otherwise..)

I think I'm definitely gonna have to check out the homegrown party. Do you spin there every week? What genre of music do you spin mostly? Do a lot of people from clubpanet spin at this party and go there to chill?

i spin about 2-3 times a month there.. usually tech-house and techno. a lot of different people have played our party (we just hit #100 last week actually).. some from clubplanet, some from naughtybooth.. some who've wandered in off the street.. some who used to play at tunnel. its generally a really clean vibe.. can't account for CP attendance, b/c it fluctuates, but definitely come by sometime to check it out.. if you want a "small, underground type place with no cover and electronic music".. you don't have to look much further.

psssst.. next saturday we'll be doing a free party upstairs at leopard lounge.