Clubplanet Nightlife Community

James Holden @Glow

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

i think i'll go....of course i swore off of ever going back to glow after the last time i went, 6 months ago, but i also swore off it the time before that, 6 months earlier, and the time before that, and the time before that....

ah, what the hell.

i do the exact same thing. i haven't been to glow since d:fuse was there in october. but i'm definitely going for holden on saturday.

Originally posted by rockyblue

i do the exact same thing. i haven't been to glow since d:fuse was there in october. but i'm definitely going for holden on saturday.

i've been there 2x since October. Once for PvD: I had a nice buffer of friends so I actually enjoyed myself and the grabbing was at a minimum (though I did grab a few asses myself ;) ) the next time was for Ray Kang/D:Fuse in January. I was honestly too tired to even notice the crowd. But again I had a nice buffer :D

The morning after:

James Holden is like the kid on a sports team who has all the best equipment but has no athletic skill. While that may seem harsh, it's true. I expected much more from him. Granted there were no obvious trainwrecks (er, nothing TOO obvious) he lacked any real ability to select the right tracks. Good songs, but they just didnt go togther. And they were old. Now a good song is a good song and I dont mind a lil retro peppered in, but 5 or 6 straight tracks from last fall? Did he lose his record bag?

And even when he dropped "Nothing" he seemed noticeably disinterested like the Aerosmith playing "Dream On" for the 100 millionth time. Still, the cowd went nuts (the only decent moment of "vibe" the whole night), but Holden refused to feed off of it. Wholly disappointing.

Originally posted by revaluation

The morning after:

James Holden is like the kid on a sports team who has all the best equipment but has no athletic skill. While that may seem harsh, it's true. I expected much more from him. Granted there were no obvious trainwrecks (er, nothing TOO obvious) he lacked any real ability to select the right tracks. Good songs, but they just didnt go togther. And they were old. Now a good song is a good song and I dont mind a lil retro peppered in, but 5 or 6 straight tracks from last fall? Did he lose his record bag?

And even when he dropped "Nothing" he seemed noticeably disinterested like the Aerosmith playing "Dream On" for the 100 millionth time. Still, the cowd went nuts (the only decent moment of "vibe" the whole night), but Holden refused to feed off of it. Wholly disappointing.

Damn. Glad I didn't go then. Scott Henry was kicking ass at Trust.

Damn, I wish I remember enough to offer my take on the night.........the one thing I do remember was thinking that holden looks like he is 12. (I think he's 22?) also have a funny bruise on my knee.....hmmm.......thx, tho, Gina & Lorin for a great last nite in DC! sorry for being annoying, as I'm sure I was ;)) damn red bull. its not the vodka, i'm telling you, its the red bull!!!!

p.s......does anyone else think that it is weird that it is snowing right now?

Originally posted by adrienne2k3

Damn, I wish I remember enough to offer my take on the night.........the one thing I do remember was thinking that holden looks like he is 12. (I think he's 22?) also have a funny bruise on my knee.....hmmm.......thx, tho, Gina & Lorin for a great last nite in DC! sorry for being annoying, as I'm sure I was ;)) damn red bull. its not the vodka, i'm telling you, its the red bull!!!!

hehehehe... someone was a little drunk and it wasn't me! :laugh: no worries girlie! I think I know what the bruise is from!

I had a great time too. James Holden's track selection was alright and I enjoyed his set but yeah... his mixing was subpar. When Christopher Lawrence came on, we left to go see my friends Osta & Mike spin @Ben & Mo's. I love that place. Its so chill.

Anyhow, I had to get out of Glow because when you go with three other girls, you are just asking for trouble! I was getting attacked from all sides on the dancefloor. I was fending off the ass grabbers & humpers pretty well but its just gets old after a while. Luckily we ran into a bunch of friends and had a buffer going for a bit. This one guy kept backing his ass in to me! I put my hand up to keep him at arm's length and he took this as an invitation to move in closer. I finally said "HEY! I don't want to dance with you. I'm pushing you away!" This prompted one of my friends to giggle hysterically while saying "THAT WAS AWESOME!" haha, the guy finally got the picture. I felt bad... well just a little bit!

The one good thing about glow is that when you do go with 3 other girls... you don't have to wait in line even though its stretched down the street! :D

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Anyhow, I had to get out of Glow because when you go with three other girls, you are just asking for trouble! I was getting attacked from all sides on the dancefloor.

The one good thing about glow is that when you do go with 3 other girls... you don't have to wait in line even though its stretched down the street! :D

saturday was my half-yearly reminder why i never go to glow. holden was picking good tracks, but he really didn't know what to do with them.

the ass hounds were out in full force, so i had to park myself between reval and my friend james in order to keep them at bay. even then, a couple of guys tried to bust a move. :rolleyes:

oh yeah, and then there's the line. tini, next time i'm showing up with you, because standing in that line is rediculous!:mad:

saturday was my half-yearly reminder why i never go to glow. holden was picking good tracks, but he really didn't know what to do with them.

the ass hounds were out in full force, so i had to park myself between reval and my friend james in order to keep them at bay. even then, a couple of guys tried to bust a move. :rolleyes:

oh yeah, and then there's the line. tini, next time i'm showing up with you, because standing in that line is rediculous!:mad:

i know! they don't start moving that line till around 11:00 pm! I think they want people passing by in their cars to think "wow, look at all those people in line! that must be a cool place" :rolleyes:

Haha, about parking yourself between reval & james. I ran to James a few times saying "HELP ME!" LOL WTF, that's the worse crowd I've ever dealt with at Glow. I hate when you are walking through the crowd and some guy tries to slide his arm on your waist. Next guy that does that is getting a fist in his chest! :mad:

When we were outside giving the bouncer our ids, a group of 4 guys came up and was trying to finagle their way in with us. One of them was trying to put his arm around me. I said to the bouncer "these guys are not with us" The bouncer turned to the guy and said "HEY! stop touching the customers" :laugh: :laugh:

The bouncer turned to the guy and said "HEY! stop touching the customers" :laugh: :laugh:

haha! that's a great line.

And if you don't have 4 girls to get you in, just knock back a 12 pack and you grow balls enough to just cut in line like Pete and I did....reminded me of the old Krish move back in the day.

I think they should just have a night at Insomnia called "GROPE" that way at least you knew what you were getting into. But in all honesty, I saw at least one or two chicks who didn't mind the bumping, grinding, and mugging out at all...

I hate when you are walking through the crowd and some guy tries to slide his arm on your waist. Next guy that does that is getting a fist in his chest! :mad:

oh, i know! WTF! it always happens when i'm trying to get to the bathroom, too. some guy will grab my arm and try to dance with me, and i'm like, "hello, i can't dance right now, i gotta pee!":rolleyes:

reval - you're right, there were a number of chicks there gettin' their nasty on, and i wanted to walk up to all of them and say, "you're the reason these greasballs think they can grab me where the sun don't shine and that i'll actually like it! knock it off and have some self respect!":mad:

Glow...

Case in point. Jame Holden rocked Insomnia, great set. Went to Home before, they were playing, no joke; in order ( Remix of Michael Jackson -Billie Jean, Rob Base - It Takes Two, What is Love - Artist : who cares). Very attractive crowd at Home, too bad the music is crap on sat. Thurs is better at home.

oh, i know! WTF! it always happens when i'm trying to get to the bathroom, too. some guy will grab my arm and try to dance with me, and i'm like, "hello, i can't dance right now, i gotta pee!":rolleyes:

what you should've said " I'll dance with you....only if I could pee on you afterwards."