Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

Listen fewlz: "DON'T HATE; CONGRATULATE!"

We'll see if I'm up for the the Judge this weekend, I still have to survive the Steve Lawler Boat party first! One thing at a time.

btw - I just bought the new 'NYC underground' mixed live by Louie DeVito ------ I need to practice my guido fist pumping, I'm just so out of shape. :cool:

Check out my new crew: The GK Guido Mafia --------->

Pictures%20053.jpeg

:laugh: :laugh:

thanks thomar, your a trooper.

i'm starting to doubt that joey actually got a pad in Manhattan. I'm thinking he really got his pad in the South Bronx and using the rest of the $$$ he's saving in rent on hair gel.

As much as it sucks being a fist pumpin' NYC Guido, I have to count my blessings, I could be living in Ohio! :laugh::tongue:;):D

Okay, so should I add Club Cheetah to the Agenda for "Abby's Super-Fabulous NYC Weekend?" You know you wanna go!

*Vic check your PMs

Posted by mike swells on Sun.May.04 03:32 PM:

Thomas Penton/Cleveland

the guy went nutty in cleveland last night. he played at this spot called the abbasso lounge (headrush music) which is a very cool, intimate, underground (literally) lounge. maybe 100 people there when it was most crowded but everyone was up for it and so were the djs.

thomas took the decks at 1am and from his very first track there was an obvious change in the music and bpm. his two hour time slot didn't leave him much time to develop a proper set, so he pretty much just went crazy from the get go. really intense progressive beats were followed by bomb after bomb, al la sasha circa 2000. the second half of his set was laden with broken beats but still stayed tough and raw. His mixing was on point the whole night even if at times the flow of his set seemed to stall a bit. All in all, though, it was a quality night for all in attendance. It’s not too often that Cleveland sees good DJs, especially in venues that stray from the same old played out clubs in the flats and on w. 6th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by westchesterboy on Sun.May.04 03:48 PM:

thomas penton is pretty massive for a lounge, but hey in cleveland you take what you can get eh mikey?

glad you had a good time boss.

phil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by davechristopher on Tue.May.06 09:09 AM:

Hi Mike--

Glad that you had a good time. We're hoping that that night was just the beginning of great things to come all summer.

We actually had 200 people in attendance, which we were extremely pleased to see. Definitely surpassed our expectations and has restored our faith in Cleveland heads!

Regarding Thomas' time slot, the two-hour slot was actually per his request, and he spent a lot of time putting a unique set together just for Cleveland. We would certainly not try to limit any of our guests' ability to develop a proper set. In fact, upcoming guests John Howard, Steve Porter, and Sean Cusick are all playing for four hours (maybe more, if the crowd is up for it!). And if Max Graham can resolve his visa problems, we'll be able to reschedule his six-hour set!

Hope to meet you soon! Thanks so much for coming.

Cheer,

David Christopher

www.headrushmusic.com

Posted by mike swells on Tue.May.06 11:59 AM:

seeing that summer line up makes me sad that i'm moving from cleveland after 4 years. you guys at headrush are really doing this town a great service; hopefully people will smarten up soon and start coming out.

thank god boston has square one now that i'm moving back there... but i am going to miss abbasso. the most chilled people in cleveland, no question.

http://www.naughtybooth.com/board/printthread.php?threadid=36033

Originally posted by headrushmusic

Posted by mike swells on Sun.May.04 03:32 PM:

Thomas Penton/Cleveland

the guy went nutty in cleveland last night. he played at this spot called the abbasso lounge (headrush music) which is a very cool, intimate, underground (literally) lounge. maybe 100 people there when it was most crowded but everyone was up for it and so were the djs.

thomas took the decks at 1am and from his very first track there was an obvious change in the music and bpm. his two hour time slot didn't leave him much time to develop a proper set, so he pretty much just went crazy from the get go. really intense progressive beats were followed by bomb after bomb, al la sasha circa 2000. the second half of his set was laden with broken beats but still stayed tough and raw. His mixing was on point the whole night even if at times the flow of his set seemed to stall a bit. All in all, though, it was a quality night for all in attendance. It’s not too often that Cleveland sees good DJs, especially in venues that stray from the same old played out clubs in the flats and on w. 6th.

Posted by westchesterboy on Sun.May.04 03:48 PM:

thomas penton is pretty massive for a lounge, but hey in cleveland you take what you can get eh mikey?

glad you had a good time boss.

phil

Posted by davechristopher on Tue.May.06 09:09 AM:

Hi Mike--

Glad that you had a good time. We're hoping that that night was just the beginning of great things to come all summer.

We actually had 200 people in attendance, which we were extremely pleased to see. Definitely surpassed our expectations and has restored our faith in Cleveland heads!

Regarding Thomas' time slot, the two-hour slot was actually per his request, and he spent a lot of time putting a unique set together just for Cleveland. We would certainly not try to limit any of our guests' ability to develop a proper set. In fact, upcoming guests John Howard, Steve Porter, and Sean Cusick are all playing for four hours (maybe more, if the crowd is up for it!). And if Max Graham can resolve his visa problems, we'll be able to reschedule his six-hour set!

Hope to meet you soon! Thanks so much for coming.

Cheer,

David Christopher

www.headrushmusic.com

Posted by mike swells on Tue.May.06 11:59 AM:

seeing that summer line up makes me sad that i'm moving from cleveland after 4 years. you guys at headrush are really doing this town a great service; hopefully people will smarten up soon and start coming out.

thank god boston has square one now that i'm moving back there... but i am going to miss abbasso. the most chilled people in cleveland, no question.

http://www.naughtybooth.com/board/printthread.php?threadid=36033

i think thomar here asked penton to autograph his tighty whitties, any mention of that on any of the reviews? :confused:

lol.

j/k

herd the guy was good. sometimes shorter sets are better.

enough of the crap! it was my boxer briefs. he's a wicked guy, but he really did play for far too short a time (it was less than 2 hrs.) however, he did play well and that is what matters.

and yes, i finally got the hell outta work. it sucked.