Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NFL Draft: the qb's

ok so the draft is quickly approaching (next week). And of course the big quesetion every year is.. who's going number one? who deserves to be number one?

the top qb's of the class are:

* carson palmer

* byron leftwhich

* rex grossman

* chris Simms

yes most ppl peg carson palmer (the heisman trophy winner) as the bengals first pick. but in all honesty, if i was an NFL owner i would put my money on marshall's leftwich. minus Joey Harrington how many sucessful west coast qb's fresh out of the draft have excelled in recent years?. most of the stand out qb's have been east coast, south or midwest. (vick, culpepper, mcnabb) even pennington (another former Marshall alum) has found a niche with his team (jets) in the nfl.

i am not saying palmers "aint good" he has excellent mechanics, strength, and can think on his feet, but then again i dont think that his team faced the toughest of d's on the west coast. i think grossman should go high second round and simms.. his stock would have been much higher had he entered the draft the year before. for simms - well i think he has the raw atheltic ability but is still unproven. iwould peg him for a 3rd, 4rth rounder.

comments, questioins, additions.. :)

follow up:

i guess it will be interesting to see in 2- 3 years who (palmer v leftwhich) ends up being the better qb. I still remember the controversy when it was Mirer vs Bledsoe haha i was right back then too (and thanked god parcells picked bledsoe)

it tough to predict which will do better in the nfl. a lot of ppl had Leaf ahead of Manning. and we all know what happened there.

Palmer has the intellect, size, mechanics and what not. Leftwhich has a cannon and all the other intangibles also. the only knock on him was that i heard he wasn't that great on his feet. so dunno. but i think i'd put my money on leftwhich. i hear he just has a tremendous upside.

now about the last west coast qb to make it...shit i really can't think of any. only one that comes to mind is aikman. and yeah...i think he had a pretty good career. the jury's still out on harrington. but he's got the goods.

Originally posted by mikeydny

is that what mods do in this shit forum, copy shit from real people who know sports to make them self look like they know football, stay in the kitchen where you belong.

:rolleyes: puhlease do i really need to explain myself here ... but i will

first off i am trying to initiate some forum activity about the upcoming draft. so they happen to be the same guys that Fox sports, espn, and every other goddam sports publication are talking about.. so what. would you care to contribute your own? that is why i started this thread.. to illicit some response whehter in agreement or not..

and also, when i bite something off espn, i do credit them (ie. links back to the site) but these are the top qb prospects period, and these are my OWN thoughts about these players.

would you like to make your own comments.

is that what mods do in this shit forum, copy shit from real people who know sports to make them self look like they know football, stay in the kitchen where you belong.

hey dicknose...this girl has more sports knowledge in her lil pinky than u prolly do in ur whole body...u dont know shit..shut up...tail between ur legs..and keep it movin

dick rider

Hey NYCChick, I kind of agree with Mikey on this one. Can't argue with what he's saying. Maybe you do belong in the kitchen :tongue:

Anyway, I think Palmer's kind of overrated. He had one good year in college. Otherwise, he was so-so. Leftwich played the whole year on one leg and still dominated.

Originally posted by someclown

Hey NYCChick, I kind of agree with Mikey on this one. Can't argue with what he's saying. Maybe you do belong in the kitchen :tongue:

tonight.. for dinner it will be 12 oz london broil, marinated and seasoned to perfection

tomorrow.. please join me in the kitchen as i will be serving my famous meat lasagna

btw no soup for you! :laugh: