Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In defence for Exit

Im not much of making posts... but i felt that i should make one post and it would be in regards to exit. As we all know exit is not what it used to be. For a while now Exit has been the center of hate for many people on message boards. I am posting this because I would like to speak my piece about exit.

I believe that Exit is by far is the best club venue in NYC to hold musical events and what Exit is trying to do is to be that venue to showcase the best musical events that can can be offered. The managment and some of the promotional partners of the club are trying really hard to lift up that club from the gutter. This is a very hard task when everyone is bashing this club every chance it gets. As of rite now there is nothing good in NYC. We have the shittest party scene probably in the country as of rite now. NYC club scene is the worst I have ever seen it, And you know who is responsible for it.......We the people.. We are the ones that made NYC what it is now. If you go to any other club around the world, they are out of control. The clubs are packed and the people are having a blast. Just like what NYC used to be. But this is the greatest city in the world and everyone wants to come here to party. Even tho times have changed and cops are cracking down on clubs such as Exit, I believe if we come to all understand that the only way we are gunna change the scene around is to do it together. we are the only ones that can make a difference.

Exit is trying to provide a musically oriented event the only way exit can change for good is if we give it a chance and try to get it back to what it was. Exit is bringing in some of the best DJ's in the world what else do you want???? The whole team there wants this to work and really its for the whole electronic music scene in general. Because we are killing it. We are the only ones that can bring it back to life. I would love to see exit pack out again every fri like it used to. I refuse to go to a club that plays fuckin hiphop all nite. I hate hiphop I grew up in the electronic music scene and thats all i love and I know there is people on this board that feel the same way I feel about electronic music. I dont want hip hop to dominate all our clubs. I want to keep alive the electronic music scene and keep it alive in exit..

Exits not about music. Exits about a bunch of 18 year olds wanting to get into a scene, and going to the biggest place in the city to strut their 5 days a week workout body.

I know.... I did it when I was 18. it was a lot of fun. And I thought the music was hot.

But it kinda like bubblegum-pop. Theres very little substance to it the more you listen to what draper plays. For 30 bucks I want to hear talent, not a bunch of songs with filler beats I could play on atomix (ahem JP).

But when they bring in talent its the same crowd as always, of course. The place has a shit reputation. and the people who go to exit are there for others reasons. not the music (oh seb fontaine is at exit? cool, wait who's seb fontaine? oh an international dj. oh he's good? Cool! guys, guess who I'm going to see at exit.... no not oakenfold, seb fontaine. he's this hot international dj)

Let it go, who cares. The whole scene is gay anyway. NY has better shit to do. You wanna party like that, go to Europe.

as uneloquently as that was put, i tihnk its actually a pretty good point. Exit is all thats really left of the megaclubs that NY used to have. i have always disliked Exit, and have always vowed to never go back there every time i have, but if something can be done about redoing the club, i am definitely all for it.

Originally posted by muzikman001

We have the shittest party scene probably in the country as of rite now. NYC club scene is the worst I have ever seen it,

Speak for yourself

Why have I gone to"parties" that probably do better numbers than exit is doing now, with half the budget?

Why is it everytime I go to NYC, I have a blast?

I think judging the whole scene based on Exit is fucking retarded. The scene is thriving where people dont think like this..

Hey I know! We will book 1 dj, for 8,000 bucks - charge 30 bucks to get in, and make a gold mine! Yeah fuck you - your parties suck, and not because exit sucks, its because the promoters suck. Filling a club is not as easy as booking 1 good DJ, at least imagine fridays knew enough to know that.

And sorry, but for me, in a space like exit, a musically inclined party is not booking 1 international, and filling the rest of the club with crap...if you want to throw a musically inclined party - refer to "Summer Madness" which can be done on a smaller scale, and still work.

Originally posted by bennyblanco818

I could'nt agree more sound like a scumbag promoter tryin to save his party.

Im sure it is, and i hate when promoters try and use sypmpathy..like "if you bulid it, they will come" we built it and they arent coming!!! Without thinking about changing what THEY are doing!

I think we need to stop with big name DJ's coming into New york at big Venues.There is alot of talent in New York that are not getting the chances they need,cause everyone wants these big DJ's.Big DJ's are not going to help New York's scene,New York DJ's are going to help the scene and as the ppl from New York we need to support them.Iam not a DJ but i fell these DJ's are not getting enough credit.As for mega clubs being dead,they have been dead.Since The Tunnel,Limelight,Twilo and so on closed down New York has not had a verity to chose from.Its time for small venues with ppl that your are cool with or that are realy into the scene.I fell its better that way.This way you know who's around,everyone knows each other and we dont have to deal with ppl who come out just cause its the new hot spot and its cool.Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by fk-A-Roll-Call

I think we need to stop with big name DJ's coming into New york at big Venues.There is alot of talent in New York that are not getting the chances they need,cause everyone wants these big DJ's.Big DJ's are not going to help New York's scene,New York DJ's are going to help the scene and as the ppl from New York we need to support them.Iam not a DJ but i fell these DJ's are not getting enough credit.As for mega clubs being dead,they have been dead.Since The Tunnel,Limelight,Twilo and so on closed down New York has not had a verity to chose from.Its time for small venues with ppl that your are cool with or that are realy into the scene.I fell its better that way.This way you know who's around,everyone knows each other and we dont have to deal with ppl who come out just cause its the new hot spot and its cool.Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you 100%, Everyone is sooo focused on big name DJs because thats all they know.. Some people dont even really know the music , they jus tknow thats its good cause they hear the name all over the place so they figure hey he must be good.. there is SOOOO much talent in NY with DJS.. I am a DJ myself and i am not trying to hop myself up, but hey there always has to be the new guys coming to take over the scene. Like all music genre's no one holds the torch forever, they have to pass it down to someone else.

Give NY DJS a chance, and you will see

and oh yeah EXIT will never change , there promotion sux, EVEN big DJS dont want to spin there, i mean a FERRY CORSTEN night , the place should be smashed. But no one will go there cause they hear it is at EXIT where they dont give a fuck about u, they make you wait on line forever and then they give you shit at the door. NOT FRIENDLY PEOPLE. That is there fucking problem..

Originally posted by bodhi

Exits not about music. Exits about a bunch of 18 year olds wanting to get into a scene, and going to the biggest place in the city to strut their 5 days a week workout body.

I know.... I did it when I was 18. it was a lot of fun. And I .

yessssssssss!!!!!! absolutely 100% right...

blah blah blah.

Any club is what you make of it. It was empty on Friday, but Acosta, and the 20 or so kids I was there with were enough to make it a really good night. On that note, Acosta killed it. I am really pissed at myself for ever listening to people tell me what DJ is cheesy, or commercial, or who can't mix, blah blah. I've missed out on Acosta a few times because of this, and after last night I regret it. He was 10 times better than Project last week.

www.homegrownnyc.com

thursday may 8th we're taking over filter14.. with one of the city's best soundsystems.

go there.

there won't be any international djs.

its free.

we've had over 125+ local djs play our party at leopard lounge in under a year.. giving those that actually have talent that 'chance' that people talk about other promoters not giving them.. and most of our djs could take those guys that play at exit that you pay $30 to see and chew them up and spit em out.

djs from another country are not automatically better.

look in your own backyard and quit wasting your paychecks.