WHAT Makes MANY NYC CLUBS Suck

Lets Start a list....

-Small Dancefloors w/ concrete floors

-Unfriendly security staff

-unnecessary partial strip searches

-bad sound systems

-no lazers

-no smoking

add more...cuz I know there's manyyyyy!!!!

Originally posted by mattm2o

Where I can't remember the last time I waited on a line at any club

i waited a few months ago on line @ Filter 14 for Richie Hawtin & Sven Vath

Also waited on a LONG line for PVD @ Arc on a Monday Night...

The whole overall attitude of the employees who work in most clubs today. It seems its all about how much money can they take from us.

Also the search, i don't mind taking off my shoes, going through my pockets. I understand that in today's clubbing world this is what they have to do.

When security grabs my balls its def not a warm welcome into the club. If someone's grabbing my balls they better be buying me dinner first.

I will not ever go back to exit for junior for that reason alone. You have to ask yourself who wants a type of job where they are grabbing balls and ass crack all day??

I actually think those guys enjoy it

judgemental..close minded people..too busy tryin to look good instead of having fun

100%...and also let not forget the "Big-Time, Euro-DJ" who takes away from the talent we have here in this damn city. Im sorry...less PVD and more of the Talent we have right here!!

People Pay $40 to go see someone spin a 4 hour set while i can go to Factory at 4am and stay til mid-afternoon (or on theme nights til late night) for $30.

I know most of you people dont like JP, im just making a point. Arc with DT is the same deal.

Thats my opinion. You can say im 1000% wrong, but that would be your opinion.

Tek

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

i waited a few months ago on line @ Filter 14 for Richie Hawtin & Sven Vath

Also waited on a LONG line for PVD @ Arc on a Monday Night...

Special occasions may bring lines. But back in the day. A regular night at any venue there were lines... :D

Originally posted by wallmill

ALSO...THE PRICE FOR A DRINK AND THE SIZE CUP THEY GIVE YOU. HALF THE TIME IT TASTES LIKE SHIT.

Plus add the fact that it is watered down and filled with ice...

An 8oz glass will hold 1oz of alchohol if you are lucky...

Also add the nasty state of the bathrooms... And the fact that if you are taking a leak in the stall they will bust the door open.

Originally posted by elementx

Special occasions may bring lines. But back in the day. A regular night at any venue there were lines... :D

ahh yes,

i remember waiting one time outside of roxy, big fridays, for an hour and a half in about 15 degrees.

7 of us (3 chicks, 4 guys) 3 couples were let right in, i had to wait on the "single male" line. i remember saying "oh, there's only 4 guys waiting, i get in within 10 minutes.

what's wrong:

people trying to hard to impress

hey look at me i'm joe cool attitude

clubland becoming thugland

almost forgot.........EVERYONE THINKS THEY ARE MUSIC EXPERTS

I really only go to one club Vinyl/Arc my biggest problem are

THE PEOPLE :blown:

They are so messy (drugs) they just push their way thru when you are dancing.

Other clubs I been to recently Exit, music and people just made it a terrible night.

Glowgirl I hear you about the lazers, The last time I seen them in a club in NYC was the Paladium, Makes the lights so much better. The Smoking too, it feels weird without it. The first time I went out after the ban, I kept sayin "Something Missing"

Originally posted by housedog

Glowgirl I hear you about the lazers, The last time I seen them in a club in NYC was the Paladium, Makes the lights so much better.

i miss lazers.... :(

...people just dont understand how important lighting really is...they think that having one stupid annoying flashing light that goes on every 10 minutes creates a nice atmosphere...where's the ambience in that???? :confused: