Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wake up biznitches! how was l & b?

diegonyc

they fuckin' killed it .. house breakbeats techhouse techno .. deep house they fuckin rocked it .. bring them back they are amazing!!!! :)

trainspots

Lee Cabrera - Shake It *omg!!!!*

Filterheadz vs Tomaz - Sunshine

Technasia - Acid Storm *omg!!!*

Royksopp - Eple (? mix)

Justin Timberlake - Like I Love You (Radioslave mix?)

Layo and Bushwacka - Love Story (Final Mix)

Bingo , where da break trainspots at! :)

Thanks to Cooljunkie for brining these guys down. They tore the roof off the place.

TO NERVE

The high's were too high and the low's were too low .. there were no mids.

they totally rocked it. but i totally agree with ramon's review on the sound. highs were WAAAAY too high and the lows way too low. had my hat bouncing. sorry, when i walk out of a club, i don't need to be deaf. that place has way too big of a sound for such a small club. and i think that vip area was a bad idea.

interesting night, i enjoyed it but there was soemthing about it that was weird, i wont beable to figure it out but yeah.

breaks spotted

bushwacka - monster

apollo 440 & the beatnuts - dude desending down a stiarcase (stanton warriors mix)

other tracks were

sound 5 - latinstatic (soul mekanick mix)

and the shit ramon said i cant remeber much

-domingo

l&b were amazing!!

cant wait to hear them again..

good crowd last nite

thx cooljunkie

i dont know how you guys dont wear ear filters..

it was deafening in there...

i took my plugs out a few times & couldnt believe

the highs & lows i was hearing...

it was a great night.. L&B were definitely pushing the system way too hard though.. That room really has crystal clear sound when not pushed too hard.. just look at the difference between the sound quality last week for pappa and last night.. it was just a question of turning down the mains a bit.. overall though it was a great night.. thanks nick and sara - see you all on june 13th for dave seaman and infusion live

J

Originally posted by eKiTeL

those guys are definitely amazing DJ's, but I actually liked Craig Demo's better

Thanks man!:D

what a great night and what a great turn out. It felt so good to actually play home again in front of all those people who were there for one reason....the music.!!

Layo & Bushwacka rocked the floor all night long and everywhere i went people were all saying the same thing...."these guys are f*cking awesome" Thank Nick & Sarah & Nerve for a great night.

As for all you guys picky about the sound......don't miss the point of the night in whole. When talent like this comes to town (which is not that often) it doesn't matter if they are playing records through a walkman speaker or a phazon......just be thankfull they are here playing;)

L&B were wicked! .. they tore it up proper and had a nice groove last night dropping down tracks like Jay Tripwire's 'Aloo Gobi' and Bushwacka!'s 'Monster' among many others... I was feeling their breakbeat alot .. good stuff :) .. Overall it was a great night and it was good to see so many familiar faces out :cool: .. big thank's to .cooljunkie. for bringing them down and making this happen.. KUDOS GUYS! ... we've all been waiting quite sometime to hear them play out again..

the soundsystem def. needed some tweekin tho... the sound was so unbalanced? plus it was a bit hard on some occassions.. call me krazy, but have you considered moving the back speakers up against the wall and move the couches off around the speaker? It could help the sound out a bit plus it would give more space to the dancefloor.. I dunno? just a thought ... but other than that.. Im just happy they played

OK... I'm finally kind of awake......

so my 2 cents.....

Great to see everyone, wish I could have gotten there earlier to catch more than just the last track droped by our own Mr Demo. It did seem like a great crowd.

As for L & B.....

dissapointed.... It could have been my mind set, it could have been the fact that the lows were so drowning out the mids and also causing my brain to rattle against the inside of my skull with every beat or it could have been that L & B were feeling a little to good to get down to business... who knows....

(BTW if I notice the sound and mixing..... I can't imagine what all you technical types must have thought)

but, until around 3:30 or 4:00, the music was too hard, too banging, no groove, no percusion, no vocals and just too many hard breaks.

and I am still thinking of going to the hospital for smoke inhalation.... someone needs to lay off the smoke machine, or the club needs better ventelation, because that shit just lingered for hours.

I was hoping for better, but thanks to Nerve and Cooljunkie, not everyone can nail it every night.

i had a great time last nite! met sum nice ppl too :cool:

i loved it when they threw down the hard music. the only thing i thought was odd was that they kept lowering the music when they were changing the tracks and that people left before the party was over :confused:

Wow ... what an awesome party you guys threw down ... only regret I have is to have missed Craig's opening set ...

great crowd + great freakin' music = great vibe

It felt once again like a re-birth of memorable nites at the beach ... things are starting to shape ... :D

Tons of cpers in da house ... music headz at heart ...

:hat:

i agree with Shroomy about the smoke, PLEASE, someone tell these people that it is annoying for such small room, i had to walk into a smoke-less area, if they cant afford nytrogen, then dont use that smoke, please.

the sound was also a little strange, too much for such a small venue...maybe some tweeking might help it.

what is the deal with the lukewarm beer???????

L&B, i was blown away by their abilities, taking the crowd through a journey of genres and most importantly, for the new tunes and old ones that i couldnt get enough of.........not being a fan of breaks, i enjoyed them very much...great crowd, great atmosphere ...

thanks to Cooljunkie for bringing them !! hope this happens again!

All I can say is, What a night..... :D Had a blast. Good to see everyone..... :D About the highs and lows, don't know anything about that so I can't really comment on that. All I know is that it was a great night out......

Mimi

Originally posted by mimid

All I can say is, What a night..... :D Had a blast. Good to see everyone..... :D About the highs and lows, don't know anything about that so I can't really comment on that. All I know is that it was a great night out......

Mimi

I know... sounds like a lot of fellas here hold degrees on Sound Engineering. :eek::D

Quote:

About the highs and lows, don't know anything about that so I can't really comment on that.

Don't worry Mimi ... they are talking about Geoff of Proton and Domingo ... :D:hat: