Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Restricted pres Stryke @ Jazid Sunday Night 06.08.2003

rcrespo

This is the beginning of a set of intimate nights that we hope to bring to you at Jazid. Our first guest is no other than DJ Stryke.

Some things to keep in mind for this night.

Stryke will be playing the entire evening.

There is no opening or closing dj.

He will be starting with an ambient set (which is a rarity here in Miami) and will be building up to techno throughout the night.

This is no holds barred expect to see Stryke play whatever he wants I have given him full control musically. :)

There are some rumors stating that a certain number of instruments a 303 and/or a 909 might make an appearance on Sunday night.

stryke_at_jazid.jpg

Please join us as we hope to do something different in Miami.

I think Jazid is the perfect place for this.

Regards,

Ramon

Restricted Management

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they've moved the DJ booth away from the stairwell, I played there a couple times, and in that spot you really hear the band downstairs, which really sucks if you're trying to get into some ambient soundscapes...

Advance has gone back into my regular rotation after I played it up on my last trip to Gainesville and I'm like I need to hear this more often so I put it in with some more Hawtin and good stuff like that. :)

Nice to see people intrested in this sort of intimate setting.

I have some other people planned for the future so lets make this happen guys. :)

Hope to see everyone out on Sunday.

Originally posted by eKiTeL

Hopefully they've moved the DJ booth away from the stairwell, I played there a couple times, and in that spot you really hear the band downstairs, which really sucks if you're trying to get into some ambient soundscapes...

that'd be kinda hard Eric, but we'll try to make a suggestion with the venue regarding that. If the band downstairs is way too loud the sound def. bleeds over, which gets annoying after about like 2 secs. lol .. thankfully some of the dj's that have played there havent been too annoyed with it .. (i.e. Ross Cale, Red Jerry, James Zabiela etc.)

Originally posted by digital7

that'd be kinda hard Eric, but we'll try to make a suggestion with the venue regarding that. If the band downstairs is way too loud the sound def. bleeds over, which gets annoying after about like 2 secs. lol .. thankfully some of the dj's that have played there havent been too annoyed with it .. (i.e. Ross Cale, Red Jerry, James Zabiela etc.)

yeah it's just a suggestion, though it wouldn't be soooo hard as the booth there is not a permanent installation, it's ok over by the bar and the pool table, not much bleed, but by the stairwell it sucks, and as the DJ you're kind of cut off from the crowd in that spot

anyway again it's just a suggestion, not quite sure what your point was, as in those other guys weren't bothered, I guess they're just more tolerant than me, or whatever you were trying to say :confused:

yeah it's just a suggestion, though it wouldn't be soooo hard as the booth there is not a permanent installation, it's ok over by the bar and the pool table, not much bleed, but by the stairwell it sucks, and as the DJ you're kind of cut off from the crowd in that spot

I agree 100%

anyway again it's just a suggestion, not quite sure what your point was, as in those other guys weren't bothered, I guess they're just more tolerant than me, or whatever you were trying to say :confused:

It means what it means. nothing negative. nothing stout ... just my comment..

hope to see you there sunday :)

hey all,

i guess i'll be there ;) looking forward to this night. it won't be my normal "tamed down" miami set. you'll get a dose of how i play when i'm able to let my hair down a bit. i'll be debuting some new stuff, including my next ovum release and a new song called "domino" i did for carl cox's label, intec...you'll hear it before he even does ;) i'll be starting off the night w/ an ambient set before unloading the techno gun. hope to see you all out.

paz,

stryke