Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How did your....

parents meet?

Mine met freshman year in high school - My mom was a band dork who played the trumpet and my dad was the new guy. They were in the same homeroom and he started walking her home everyday....

They were going steady soon after.....They were together all through high school and while my dad was in the army.....

Too bad they got a divorce :laugh:

Funny thing is I have absolutely no clue... But when I look at my fathers younger pictures I try and wonder what the hell she ever saw in him...

Put it this way. He looked very close to what Howard Stern looked like in college... Although I must say my father has aged very well. Go figure...

But I am gonna have to ask my mother that some time. They are not together now. But That is a good question to ask.

My parents grew up together in Brooklyn....It's kinda cool....All my aunts/uncles even my grandparents knew each other since their kids were like 14...The all hung out together....Anyway...My parents started dating when they were 15.....They got a divorce when I was about 4....& Now I hardly talk to my father & that side of my famiy :rolleyes:

my parents were friends since grade school. once they got to be teenagers and my dad got his license he went by her house to visit her after he moved to LI from brooklyn... and ever since then.... theyve been together... married @ 19.... and goin on 30 years of marital bliss :D

wow - yours were all so young!

my mom and dad met on an airplane. my mom was reading a book and my dad, in his typical negative fashion, said to her, "the movie was better."

:laugh:

it's interesting, though; i would've thought he'd've said that the book had been better than the movie... this was my mother's second marriage. my parents divorced when i was three.

my mom was actully really good friends with my uncle.. thats how she met my dad... they were still in HS when they met.. they were the biker kids... i have the funneist pics of my mom on the back of my dads harley!! sportin her hot pants and hooker boots!

hmm good quesetion, i am not quite sure. :confused: or lol i cannot remember.

but my parents were much older than yours when they met. i believe they were 29 when they got married. i do know that they did elope. my grandmother (who is very demanding and very bossy) tried to plan "her" wedding, not their wedding so my mom told her to chill. needless to say my grandmother was not too happy.

my parents also didnt try to have kids right away, they waited a couple years after they were married but then they found out that they couldnt have kids. So they decided to adopt me and later on my sister. :)

My mother met my father in Paris. She was commuting from Belgium, and working as a secretary for my father (he was an accountant)

One day my father just brought her a bouquet of flowers, and they went to car races and stuff, it sounded very romantic actually :)

my mom was best friends with one of my dads sisters...started dating when my mom was 16...stayed together 17 years...got divorced...dont speak a damn word to each other and cannot stand each other currently...:blank:

Originally posted by nycchic24

my parents also didnt try to have kids right away, they waited a couple years after they were married but then they found out that they couldnt have kids. So they decided to adopt me and later on my sister. :)

that's really cool :) . if you don't mind my asking (which also means that you don't have to answer if you don't want to), are you and your sister the same race as your parents? were you adopted as babies or when you were older?