Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm offcialy calling for the HNIC at 93.1 to step down!

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

are you kidding me with this music?????????

Def lepard!!:peeleft:

Love Bites

Qed

Skee-Lo - I Wish remix!!!!!!

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!

You are doing a dis-service to the labels and club folks...

I can name at least 50 tracks that the public would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and not this shit!!!!!!

My boys in NYC are right, no one understands the radio, so don't bother trying.... (ps they worked for a club radio station, and some of them know you!)

Mr HNIC, step down!!!!!!!!!!! You lost it.....

I'll go track for track with you, you put up your best new top ten, and i'll put up 10 tracks that should be played on there!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

93.1 is awful, and what is worse- is that people on this board who don't know any better actually think that 'trance' is what they play- like 'castles in the sky' - that shit sux ass, you will never hear that in a real club. global dj broadcast is the only saving grace for these radio monkeys

I call it Hialeah Trance

No offense to those who live in Hialeah.

If my memory serves me correct. It was 93.1 who got rid of Stryke when he DID NOT play "Castles In The Sky" during one of his epic sets at the old Shadow Lounge (or whatever they called it during that time).

Dont worry 93.1 is doing horrible n the trands its only a matter of time b4 whoever the big cox in cox broadcasting says "whats this party station making me no money bu not playing commersials and by playing songs no1 wants to hear"...thats all it takes!!!!!!:eek:

Umm Shadow Lounge closed before Party 93.1 even hit the air. Perhaps you're referring to the ill fated Liquid part II that was there for a while. After Styke was let go Edgar V. and George Alvarado were there. I don't think they were playing Ian Van Dahl's "Castles In The Sky" simply b/c the song was not played anymore in SoBe by that time.

I'm not too big of a fan of the remakes trend. Some remakes are better than others, but when there's a flood of remakes it usually gets a bit scary. I see remakes are doing well with both Euro-Dance/Trance, and with Disco House and Funky Breaks. In a recent meeting in Germany the record companies were all supposedly alarmed by the fact that every other Dance song being released over there currently is a cover/remake. I'm guessing more original material will be coming out in the next few months (or at least I'm hoping)...but when it's not Germany it's either the UK, Italy, Belgium, or even the US that is being hit with remake fever.

Saleen mentioned a Dance cover of "Love Bites" by Def Leopard. Anoyone else notice the fact that some Pop stations are playing Mariah Carey's cover of Def Leopard's "Bringing On The Heartbreak"? Hey, isn't Y-100 playing it...?

So guess what? You can blame the radio stations, the record companies, the musicians, or the general public for the somewhat annoying interest in doing remakes.

As much as people like to rag on Party, what other station in the country hosts a show like the Global DJ Broadcast? And it's now on twice a week.

For the Trance fans out there (which would definitely include me), I've noticed Party is playing plenty of records which you like in regular rotation. Andain "Beautiful Things" (the only station in the WORLD to have it in regular rotation), 4 Strings "Let It Rain", and even though it's old to most of us Tiesto with "Lethal Industry". Please tell me what other station do you know of that plays a Tech-Trance leaning record in regular rotation?

The station is also playing remixes put out by producers you all supposedly like. The Gabriel & Dresden remix to Duncan Shiek is a good example.

So why are they also playing Qed "Love Bites", or Christina Aguilera? Because a lot of the average listeners, especially females, or part of the gay crowd (which seems to be crazy about those circuit party, high energy remixes to Christina and Justin) seem to like it.

What do you expect them to do? Ignore most of Miami and just focus on a few hundred ppl who are supposedly "clued in" as to what is good and what is not?

If this town was so clued in than it would show up in the Electronica CD sales, it would show up in requests, and Miami would also have a radically different nightlife. Keep in mind that Miami's current nightlife is seen as one of the best in the country...even what are known as the cheesy clubs, are considered more "forward" than the average cheese clubs of other towns.

You all seem to want a "music revolution" ,yet you all have a different vision of what that revolution is, and how to go about acheiving it. Since Party 93.1 is a commercial FM, mass apeal station, it has to go about doing things in a certain fashion.

House music (which I definitely love) is really big in South Beach, but a lot of times the DJs deliberately choose to play records that aren't really geared towards the radio, especially Tribal records. I'm sorry but I doubt the average listener appreciates listening to a percussive oriented song with no singing and no lyrics going on at 11 a.m. Maybe that perception will change with time...or maybe the clubs will jump on to the next trend like they always do.

There are Dance stations in the world that lean more on House, but they too usually play a good number of remakes in rotation, or play the more crossover House tunes. Here's a station out of Greece to check out:

http://www.radio1.gr/dance.htm

Notice remakes by the likes of Aurora and Undercover up there? Now keep in mind that ratings and profits aren't as big of a deal over there as they are in America.

Here's a station out of France that, again, plays plenty of House music, but is also big on Euro (DJ Bobo), and some Pop (J-Lo, Shaggy):

http://www.rocfm.com/charts.htm

As for Techno, just the other day this board was crying over the lack of club support for a real Techno night. How can you expect radio to support the underground, if the underground clubs and ppl don't support in the first place? Techno has a following in places like Detroit, New York, Frankfurt, London, Paris, yet receives very little radio exposure in those towns.

You want a Dance station that's a mess? Look at the playlist for KDL in Los Angeles. It's like they never add new records, and you can't even hear them in a good part of metro L.A.:

2 1 MADONNA Die Another Day 67 68 -1

4 2 TELEPOPMUSIK Breathe 67 67 0

3 3 KYLIE MINOGUE Come Into My World 66 67 -1

8 4 FOGGY Come...(Into My Dream) 63 38 25

7 5 IAN VAN DAHL Reason 63 39 24

1 6 LASGO Something 41 68 -27

13 7 COLDPLAY Clocks 40 33 7

12 8 DANIEL BEDINGFIELD If You're Not The One 39 36 3

18 9 WHO DA FUNK Shiny Disco Balls 39 32 7

11 10 PINK Just Like A Pill 38 37 1

16 11 MOONY Dove (I'll Be Loving You) 37 32 5

15 12 BECKY BAELING Getaway 33 32 1

54 13 KREO Burn For You 32 6 26

22 14 MADONNA Hollywood 30 27 3

15 MILKY Just The Way You Are 29 0 29

19 16 NO DOUBT Running 29 30 -1

21 17 RES They Say Vision 28 29 -1

20 18 4 STRINGS Diving 26 29 -3

14 19 TIM DELUXE It Just Won't Do 26 33 -7

17 20 STERBINSKY & TRANZIDET Gates Of Mind 26 32 -6

21 JASON NEVINS I'm In Heaven f/Holly 23 0 23

22 ROC PROJECT Never 23 0 23

35 23 SHAKIRA Underneath Your Clothes 23 23 0

29 24 DARUDE Sandstorm 22 24 -2

27 25 WIDE LIFE I Don't Want U 22 25 -3

25 26 DIRTY VEGAS Days Go By 21 25 -4

30 27 DJ SAMMY & YANOU F/DO Heaven 21 24 -3

33 28 MADISON AVENUE Don't Call Me Baby 21 24 -3

10 29 NO DOUBT Underneath It All 21 37 -16

34 30 DANIEL BEDINGFIELD Gotta Get Through This 20 23 -3

The Dance station in San Francisco? It's similarly programmed to Party 93.1. In fact, it's called Party 92.7, but unlike WPYM, KPTI DOES NOT cover the entire Bay Area. Here's what the station is currently playing:

http://www.927party.com/music.html

BTW, San Francisco currently has both Miami and New York beat when it comes to a good club scene, with clued up clubbers, and good sized venues.

Another city with a big club scene is Chicago. There's rumors that Chicago may get a new Dance station soon again (which will sound like the former Energy 92.5 &7), but rumors are just that - rumors.

Back to Miami, you can look at the glass as half empty, or look at it as half full. If you wanna see more underground leaning parties and events taking place then consider the following:

Ppl are getting used to hearing pure Dance on the radio, after a while some of them learn to keep an open mind, and may be more ready to check out a less commercial oriented DJ or club.

I think that at the same time it's important that there will always be a good number of commercial oriented Dance clubs out there, like the Cafe Iguanas of the world. A lot of ppl first like to go dancing to their favorite records, whether its Hip Hop, Pop or Dance. Then, after a while (a few months or years) some of them enjoy going to an all hip hop or all dance party, and then like to explore the more underground sound. That's just the way it is - some ppl can immediately throw themselves into the underground scene, others need to slowly get into it.

I also think that having a Dance station that supports both commercial crossover Dance, and the more underground club sounds (through mixshows), could mean that there will be a bigger number of good, original producers and DJs coming out of South FL. It's be nice to see more guys follow in the footsteps of Murk, or more young ppl trying to produce high caliber records like those made by BT, James Holden, or Armin.

Anyways, if you're going to attack a station, and claim the ppl there are all clueless, then you might as well clue yourself in as to what radio sounds like in places more developed and less developed than Miami.

Originally posted by obby

I call it Hialeah Trance

No offense to those who live in Hialeah.

If my memory serves me correct. It was 93.1 who got rid of Stryke when he DID NOT play "Castles In The Sky" during one of his epic sets at the old Shadow Lounge (or whatever they called it during that time).

Hialeah was one of the first to accept trance.

Thats where GrooveRadio was born... Playing the first trance.

that's what CDs and MP3s are for!

after a while i actually get tired of 94.9 zeta which is a toally different format. there's only so much staind, creed, system of a down, and three doors down i can take.

if i want something better, I'll throw in a CD by Sepultura, Faith No More, Audioslave, etc.

Guest saleen351

its not just about remakes, FOS flatline is a dope ass remake, so is kris and kai pretty posion, but there is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many tracks with "mass apeal" but they don't play them....

I've been told its nothing to do with the music, but the deals behind it...

now i know rizzo is behind some of joints on there, and MS does some stuff as well, but dammmmmmmmmm ever listen to the riddler on ktu? Its cheesey house but dam 110% better than played to the bone trance vox.....

Scribbles use to have a wed night show, where you basicaly called in, and he'd drop the hammer on it....

I miss those days...

There is atleast 200 tracks 93.1 should be playing....

Guest saleen351

PS even though its only friday, I got my track of the week already

Jadore – Unknown (Peter Bailey mix) :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's the fucking radio, what do you expect? Radio is for the ignorant masses.

Get an Archos player, load it up with all your MP3s, and you're done. No need for 93.1...

Or go XM...do I really have to point this out again?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

It's the fucking radio, what do you expect? Radio is for the ignorant masses.

Get an Archos player, load it up with all your MP3s, and you're done. No need for 93.1...

Or go XM...do I really have to point this out again?

i looked into XM, its a rip off, you need a tuner, then a head unit that will work with it, then they bang you for a antenna etc...

when the hack it, i'll get it;)

Originally posted by CHRles

Umm Shadow Lounge closed before Party 93.1 even hit the air. Perhaps you're referring to the ill fated Liquid part II that was there for a while. After Styke was let go Edgar V. and George Alvarado were there. I don't think they were playing Ian Van Dahl's "Castles In The Sky" simply b/c the song was not played anymore in SoBe by that time.

I'm not too big of a fan of the remakes trend. Some remakes are better than others, but when there's a flood of remakes it usually gets a bit scary. I see remakes are doing well with both Euro-Dance/Trance, and with Disco House and Funky Breaks. In a recent meeting in Germany the record companies were all supposedly alarmed by the fact that every other Dance song being released over there currently is a cover/remake. I'm guessing more original material will be coming out in the next few months (or at least I'm hoping)...but when it's not Germany it's either the UK, Italy, Belgium, or even the US that is being hit with remake fever.

Saleen mentioned a Dance cover of "Love Bites" by Def Leopard. Anoyone else notice the fact that some Pop stations are playing Mariah Carey's cover of Def Leopard's "Bringing On The Heartbreak"? Hey, isn't Y-100 playing it...?

So guess what? You can blame the radio stations, the record companies, the musicians, or the general public for the somewhat annoying interest in doing remakes.

As much as people like to rag on Party, what other station in the country hosts a show like the Global DJ Broadcast? And it's now on twice a week.

For the Trance fans out there (which would definitely include me), I've noticed Party is playing plenty of records which you like in regular rotation. Andain "Beautiful Things" (the only station in the WORLD to have it in regular rotation), 4 Strings "Let It Rain", and even though it's old to most of us Tiesto with "Lethal Industry". Please tell me what other station do you know of that plays a Tech-Trance leaning record in regular rotation?

The station is also playing remixes put out by producers you all supposedly like. The Gabriel & Dresden remix to Duncan Shiek is a good example.

So why are they also playing Qed "Love Bites", or Christina Aguilera? Because a lot of the average listeners, especially females, or part of the gay crowd (which seems to be crazy about those circuit party, high energy remixes to Christina and Justin) seem to like it.

What do you expect them to do? Ignore most of Miami and just focus on a few hundred ppl who are supposedly "clued in" as to what is good and what is not?

If this town was so clued in than it would show up in the Electronica CD sales, it would show up in requests, and Miami would also have a radically different nightlife. Keep in mind that Miami's current nightlife is seen as one of the best in the country...even what are known as the cheesy clubs, are considered more "forward" than the average cheese clubs of other towns.

You all seem to want a "music revolution" ,yet you all have a different vision of what that revolution is, and how to go about acheiving it. Since Party 93.1 is a commercial FM, mass apeal station, it has to go about doing things in a certain fashion.

House music (which I definitely love) is really big in South Beach, but a lot of times the DJs deliberately choose to play records that aren't really geared towards the radio, especially Tribal records. I'm sorry but I doubt the average listener appreciates listening to a percussive oriented song with no singing and no lyrics going on at 11 a.m. Maybe that perception will change with time...or maybe the clubs will jump on to the next trend like they always do.

There are Dance stations in the world that lean more on House, but they too usually play a good number of remakes in rotation, or play the more crossover House tunes. Here's a station out of Greece to check out:

http://www.radio1.gr/dance.htm

Notice remakes by the likes of Aurora and Undercover up there? Now keep in mind that ratings and profits aren't as big of a deal over there as they are in America.

Here's a station out of France that, again, plays plenty of House music, but is also big on Euro (DJ Bobo), and some Pop (J-Lo, Shaggy):

http://www.rocfm.com/charts.htm

As for Techno, just the other day this board was crying over the lack of club support for a real Techno night. How can you expect radio to support the underground, if the underground clubs and ppl don't support in the first place? Techno has a following in places like Detroit, New York, Frankfurt, London, Paris, yet receives very little radio exposure in those towns.

You want a Dance station that's a mess? Look at the playlist for KDL in Los Angeles. It's like they never add new records, and you can't even hear them in a good part of metro L.A.:

2 1 MADONNA Die Another Day 67 68 -1

4 2 TELEPOPMUSIK Breathe 67 67 0

3 3 KYLIE MINOGUE Come Into My World 66 67 -1

8 4 FOGGY Come...(Into My Dream) 63 38 25

7 5 IAN VAN DAHL Reason 63 39 24

1 6 LASGO Something 41 68 -27

13 7 COLDPLAY Clocks 40 33 7

12 8 DANIEL BEDINGFIELD If You're Not The One 39 36 3

18 9 WHO DA FUNK Shiny Disco Balls 39 32 7

11 10 PINK Just Like A Pill 38 37 1

16 11 MOONY Dove (I'll Be Loving You) 37 32 5

15 12 BECKY BAELING Getaway 33 32 1

54 13 KREO Burn For You 32 6 26

22 14 MADONNA Hollywood 30 27 3

15 MILKY Just The Way You Are 29 0 29

19 16 NO DOUBT Running 29 30 -1

21 17 RES They Say Vision 28 29 -1

20 18 4 STRINGS Diving 26 29 -3

14 19 TIM DELUXE It Just Won't Do 26 33 -7

17 20 STERBINSKY & TRANZIDET Gates Of Mind 26 32 -6

21 JASON NEVINS I'm In Heaven f/Holly 23 0 23

22 ROC PROJECT Never 23 0 23

35 23 SHAKIRA Underneath Your Clothes 23 23 0

29 24 DARUDE Sandstorm 22 24 -2

27 25 WIDE LIFE I Don't Want U 22 25 -3

25 26 DIRTY VEGAS Days Go By 21 25 -4

30 27 DJ SAMMY & YANOU F/DO Heaven 21 24 -3

33 28 MADISON AVENUE Don't Call Me Baby 21 24 -3

10 29 NO DOUBT Underneath It All 21 37 -16

34 30 DANIEL BEDINGFIELD Gotta Get Through This 20 23 -3

The Dance station in San Francisco? It's similarly programmed to Party 93.1. In fact, it's called Party 92.7, but unlike WPYM, KPTI DOES NOT cover the entire Bay Area. Here's what the station is currently playing:

http://www.927party.com/music.html

BTW, San Francisco currently has both Miami and New York beat when it comes to a good club scene, with clued up clubbers, and good sized venues.

Another city with a big club scene is Chicago. There's rumors that Chicago may get a new Dance station soon again (which will sound like the former Energy 92.5 &7), but rumors are just that - rumors.

Back to Miami, you can look at the glass as half empty, or look at it as half full. If you wanna see more underground leaning parties and events taking place then consider the following:

Ppl are getting used to hearing pure Dance on the radio, after a while some of them learn to keep an open mind, and may be more ready to check out a less commercial oriented DJ or club.

I think that at the same time it's important that there will always be a good number of commercial oriented Dance clubs out there, like the Cafe Iguanas of the world. A lot of ppl first like to go dancing to their favorite records, whether its Hip Hop, Pop or Dance. Then, after a while (a few months or years) some of them enjoy going to an all hip hop or all dance party, and then like to explore the more underground sound. That's just the way it is - some ppl can immediately throw themselves into the underground scene, others need to slowly get into it.

I also think that having a Dance station that supports both commercial crossover Dance, and the more underground club sounds (through mixshows), could mean that there will be a bigger number of good, original producers and DJs coming out of South FL. It's be nice to see more guys follow in the footsteps of Murk, or more young ppl trying to produce high caliber records like those made by BT, James Holden, or Armin.

Anyways, if you're going to attack a station, and claim the ppl there are all clueless, then you might as well clue yourself in as to what radio sounds like in places more developed and less developed than Miami.

San Fran has a better club scene than new york and I have a 12" cock.:idea: STFU

Some of the posts here are so ignorantly done. First of all, party 93.1 wasn't even close TO Exist when Shadow Lounge was here. When Party first came on I remember hearing Stryke playing for the first time party 93.1 went live, I think it was Level, and they had one of the members from Rabbit in the Moon playing. If you bitch about party 93.1 then just dont listen. You people wine and wine about bad music getting played, but when something close to it appears, you bash it more then Hip Hop. Come on!! .. what other station in the US brings such a good program such as Global DJ Broadcast, or Nocturnal Sessions by Edgar V, or Lost World by George Acosta, or Paul Oakenfold Presents!<< Come on!! what da fuck is to expect from a known radio, not pirate radio, to hear some of the most underground slow progressive tracks from Digweed on Daytime?!?!.. Plz, be realistic and logical about things. I find it enough to see the radio playing some of the tracks with remixes you wont hear anywhere else but at a club or some DJ set such as those with remixes by Gabriel and Dresden, Markus Schultz, or newest tracks by Paul van Dyk.

If you want the radio to kill itself and run away from existance, then let it play all those tracks everyone wants to hear. I can name a Million tracks for the station to play, but I know they wont succeed, here allready on the board one can name 200 tracks, and out of those 200 tracks I bet that most will agree with just 1, while the other 199 tracks wil be diversly divided. Its common sense. Its a local radio station, not an underground pirate, or satellite, or internet radio!!.. maybe if each one of us gives 1000 bucks to run a station for each one of our taste without any profit, then good you are most likely to hear the so under. music. So at least be thankful for something ( the shows !! ) that everyone of you WINED about when there was no dance radio station but just power 96 and Y-100.. jeez!!:blown:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by liquidx

Some of the posts here are so ignorantly done. First of all, party 93.1 wasn't even close TO Exist when Shadow Lounge was here. When Party first came on I remember hearing Stryke playing for the first time party 93.1 went live, I think it was Level, and they had one of the members from Rabbit in the Moon playing. If you bitch about party 93.1 then just dont listen. You people wine and wine about bad music getting played, but when something close to it appears, you bash it more then Hip Hop. Come on!! .. what other station in the US brings such a good program such as Global DJ Broadcast, or Nocturnal Sessions by Edgar V, or Lost World by George Acosta, or Paul Oakenfold Presents!<< Come on!! what da fuck is to expect from a known radio, not pirate radio, to hear some of the most underground slow progressive tracks from Digweed on Daytime?!?!.. Plz, be realistic and logical about things. I find it enough to see the radio playing some of the tracks with remixes you wont hear anywhere else but at a club or some DJ set such as those with remixes by Gabriel and Dresden, Markus Schultz, or newest tracks by Paul van Dyk.

If you want the radio to kill itself and run away from existance, then let it play all those tracks everyone wants to hear. I can name a Million tracks for the station to play, but I know they wont succeed, here allready on the board one can name 200 tracks, and out of those 200 tracks I bet that most will agree with just 1, while the other 199 tracks wil be diversly divided. Its common sense. Its a local radio station, not an underground pirate, or satellite, or internet radio!!.. maybe if each one of us gives 1000 bucks to run a station for each one of our taste without any profit, then good you are most likely to hear the so under. music. So at least be thankful for something ( the shows !! ) that everyone of you WINED about when there was no dance radio station but just power 96 and Y-100.. jeez!!:blown:

wait a second, arene't you the guy that talks the talks about music, but when i called you out on your current top ten, you disapeared????

Please delete your post.. You are clueless on muisc.. No one on here is saying play some fucking picotto or hard tribal, but there is atleast 200 vox on my computer that would work well....

Heres just two for yous

Alright Murk

Honey Billy Ray Martin Tsettos remix...