Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm offcialy calling for the HNIC at 93.1 to step down!

Guest saleen351

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok n00b here.....anyways...

lets not forget Buster from 93.1.....now that guy is a big ol piece of shit that needs to get a day job.

In like every set that 93.1 has covered he has come in to say shit at all the wrong times. Also the dipshit cant pronouce names of the djs or the fuckin tracks they are spinnin either...

honestly i dont see how they pay that idiot to go sit with the djs and cover there sets when he doesnt know jack...

but thats just my 2 cent...

Originally posted by ludeboy12

In like every set that 93.1 has covered he has come in to say shit at all the wrong times. Also the dipshit cant pronouce names of the djs or the fuckin tracks they are spinnin either...

I think they are trying to emulate BBC Radio One's Essential Mix. Unfortunately, they're not doing a great job. Pete Tong knows to keep his mouth shut during the two hours that EM is on except for two or three "5 second announcements to tell you who you're listening to." Buster just loves to hear himself speak and that kills the purpose of broadcasting a live set.

As to 93.1 in general, yeah, they make poor track selections. But we all need to keep in mind that the music we like, the tracks that are discussed in this forum, are not the most mainstream selections. For a station that prides itself on playing the least amount of commercials, they need to grab the widest audience in order to justify that. Advertisers want to know that they're getting maximum exposure. You're simply not going to grab the widest audience playing the songs we speak of here. Bottom line, it's a top 40 station for dance music. Not trance, certainly not house. Now if they would only stop repeating these songs so many freakin times during the day.

Saleen, that Billie Ray Martin song "Honey" - how is the Tsettos remix? I've loved that song ever since I heard the Chicane mix four or five years ago.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by macboy

Saleen, that Billie Ray Martin song "Honey" - how is the Tsettos remix? I've loved that song ever since I heard the Chicane mix four or five years ago.

track is dope, she has an amazing voice...

you can download it, tsettos gave it out for free...

if you can't find it, hit me up on aim and i'll send it to ya

93.1 could play an additional 30 tracks a day if they got rid of the commercial counter....

:blown:

"power played 48q95798572493875 commercials last hour"

STFU i don't listen to power or give a fuck how many commercials they play!!!:blown:

Originally posted by saleen351

wait a second, arene't you the guy that talks the talks about music, but when i called you out on your current top ten, you disapeared????

Please delete your post.. You are clueless on muisc.. No one on here is saying play some fucking picotto or hard tribal, but there is atleast 200 vox on my computer that would work well....

Heres just two for yous

Alright Murk

Honey Billy Ray Martin Tsettos remix...

right.. and by naming those tracks you consider yourself a Knowledgeable music source :laugh:

Originally posted by ludeboy12

ok n00b here.....anyways...

lets not forget Buster from 93.1.....now that guy is a big ol piece of shit that needs to get a day job.

honestly i dont see how they pay that idiot to go sit with the djs and cover there sets when he doesnt know jack...

but thats just my 2 cent...

I got ya on that one Buster is a complete moron.... I e-mailed him a while back to vent my frustration after he slaughtered Tiesto's set @ space a while back, here it is:

>Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 10:31 AM

>To: Buster (CBI-Miami)

>Subject:

>

>

>Buster, you are by far the best guest DJ we have ever heard. Your narration

>oozes with knife edge wit and charm. At both Tiesto sets we started to wish

>that Tiesto would just stop playing and we all could just stand there and

>listen to you talk all night... You could talk about Flight 647 and wow us

>all as you pour on the charm to all the ladies. What was it: "You are one of

>

>the hottest girls here" WOW! Absolute mastery. Do all of us guys a favor and

>

>right a book to help us achieve your status when it comes to the ladies.

>Thanks.

>

>PS- This e-mail is saturated with more sarcasm than your hair is with

>bleach.

>

>Do the world a favor and reach in your mouth and pull out your g0d d@mn

>tongue so we never have to listen to your stupid @ss ever again. Not only

>have we never heard a radio personality (I dry heave when referring to you

>as that) say so many stupid things, we have never heard anyone (kids, senile

>

>oldies, and parrots included) say so many stupid things. Flight 647? 647?

>You f*cking moron. Yeah and way to pick up that girl during the second set,

>she wanting you BIG TIME! A little advice don't open your c*ck sucking mouth

>

>when Tiesto is laying on the horn in the middle of one of the best tracks of

>

>the night. Actually don't open your mouth at all ever even to breath you

>idiot. If your ever short on cash, go to Space and stand in front next to a

>bucket of rocks and you could charge $1000 dollars for each rock someone

>gets to throw at you and I guarantee it will be empty in less than a minute.

>

>I'll sell my car and everything else I own and I will throw out my arm

>because I will use every cell my body to try to hit you in the teeth. I'll

>be second in line because Tiesto will be first, he's pissed that you fucked

>up his entire set. Keep up the good work, you piece of llama sh!t vomit.

>

>Your #1 fan.:blown:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mapdash

I got ya on that one Buster is a complete moron.... I e-mailed him a while back to vent my frustration after he slaughtered Tiesto's set @ space a while back, here it is:

>Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 10:31 AM

>To: Buster (CBI-Miami)

>Subject:

>

>

>Buster, you are by far the best guest DJ we have ever heard. Your narration

>oozes with knife edge wit and charm. At both Tiesto sets we started to wish

>that Tiesto would just stop playing and we all could just stand there and

>listen to you talk all night... You could talk about Flight 647 and wow us

>all as you pour on the charm to all the ladies. What was it: "You are one of

>

>the hottest girls here" WOW! Absolute mastery. Do all of us guys a favor and

>

>right a book to help us achieve your status when it comes to the ladies.

>Thanks.

>

>PS- This e-mail is saturated with more sarcasm than your hair is with

>bleach.

>

>Do the world a favor and reach in your mouth and pull out your g0d d@mn

>tongue so we never have to listen to your stupid @ss ever again. Not only

>have we never heard a radio personality (I dry heave when referring to you

>as that) say so many stupid things, we have never heard anyone (kids, senile

>

>oldies, and parrots included) say so many stupid things. Flight 647? 647?

>You f*cking moron. Yeah and way to pick up that girl during the second set,

>she wanting you BIG TIME! A little advice don't open your c*ck sucking mouth

>

>when Tiesto is laying on the horn in the middle of one of the best tracks of

>

>the night. Actually don't open your mouth at all ever even to breath you

>idiot. If your ever short on cash, go to Space and stand in front next to a

>bucket of rocks and you could charge $1000 dollars for each rock someone

>gets to throw at you and I guarantee it will be empty in less than a minute.

>

>I'll sell my car and everything else I own and I will throw out my arm

>because I will use every cell my body to try to hit you in the teeth. I'll

>be second in line because Tiesto will be first, he's pissed that you fucked

>up his entire set. Keep up the good work, you piece of llama sh!t vomit.

>

>Your #1 fan.:blown:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

funny shit,

buster is a cool guy in person, i don't listen to any of the 93.1 broadcasts cause the dj won't play the good shit on the radio, but this post was funny...

For many years now I have been trying to cope with this reality. I have seen therapists, shamen, bathroom attendants and even gynocologists to help me in my journey to not only understand my malady, but accept what is an inalienable truth - a dark stain on the porchlight that I see as my soul. A shadow, nay - a veritable puddle so vexing and melodious as to effect my every day consicousness. My interactions with those around me, the decisions I make every day - every second seem to compound my world, my personal universe that I see as my reality. Yes, the light of truth is as sobering as the reality as one's own insignifigance in the ether that is the cosmos. Yet as much as I know this truth, and as much as I know tomorrow the sun will rise - I have come to grips with my own reality.......and yes mapdash - it has taken me a great journey to arrive at a place within myself that I can accept this one pure and real thing.

I suck.

But map dash - as I go on with the rest of my life endeavoring every day to live a self realized existence with this knowledge - one thing keeps me from ending everything that is me in one fell swoop of an umgodly act.

Mapdash, my friend - thou who has uncovered the person I call self....

I may suck..........but you swallow!

Feel the Love and Party on!

PS your HNIC don't give a damn, we are the #3 radio station in the South Florida market and single handedly helping to someday make dance music as big as big as it is in Europe - It dance is to conquer - this is where it starts. Quit your bitch'n or help out the cause. There are people who say, and people who do - which one are you? :blown:

Originally posted by bustersobe

For many years now I have been trying to cope with this reality. I have seen therapists, shamen, bathroom attendants and even gynocologists to help me in my journey to not only understand my malady, but accept what is an inalienable truth - a dark stain on the porchlight that I see as my soul. A shadow, nay - a veritable puddle so vexing and melodious as to effect my every day consicousness. My interactions with those around me, the decisions I make every day - every second seem to compound my world, my personal universe that I see as my reality. Yes, the light of truth is as sobering as the reality as one's own insignifigance in the ether that is the cosmos. Yet as much as I know this truth, and as much as I know tomorrow the sun will rise - I have come to grips with my own reality.......and yes mapdash - it has taken me a great journey to arrive at a place within myself that I can accept this one pure and real thing.

I suck.

But map dash - as I go on with the rest of my life endeavoring every day to live a self realized existence with this knowledge - one thing keeps me from ending everything that is me in one fell swoop of an umgodly act.

PS your HNIC don't give a damn, we are the #3 radio station in the South Florida market and single handedly helping to someday make dance music as big as big as it is in Europe - It dance is to conquer - this is where it starts. Quit your bitch'n or help out the cause. There are people who say, and people who do - which one are you? :blown:

:aright:

this thread is hilarious. Although mapdash is a little right we all wish buster would stop talking sometimes during the set, its a radio broadcast and he is just doing his job to advertise his station. Pete tong does it on the essential mix, marcus on global dj and I don't hear anything about that. Difference between them and buster is he gotta scream at the top of his lungs cause he is at a club during the broadcast. Quit hating.

Guest saleen351

i could care less about what they posted about you, cause i don't listen to it, cause it sucks, ktu has a much better line up, and its not euro trash djs, but #3 won't be around much longer unless you people do something... As prices of satelite radio falls and ipods holding 7500 tracks that will plug into your alpine head unit, 93.1 will be a thing of the past unless you change that shit you guys play... How can anyone say a def lepord remix is worthy of playing, but yet you don't play any of the 1000's of house vox out there??

And I know the HNIC doesn't give a fuck, cause my buddies use to have an ad on the side or your trucks and they told me the same thing...

But come on, let this board pick 10 tracks.....

i'm sure i could name 5 songs that party could incorporate into their current rotation that would make a difference to some people. :)

i'll do it now

way out west - mindcircus

gus gus - david

underworld - two months off

ashtrax - digital reason

ad finem - angel (mas collective radio edit?)

There's radio edits for all of thse songs and they all fit pretty much with the current rotation is .. energetic dance music.

Originally posted by saleen351

i could care less about what they posted about you, cause i don't listen to it, cause it sucks, ktu has a much better line up, and its not euro trash djs, but #3 won't be around much longer unless you people do something... As prices of satelite radio falls and ipods holding 7500 tracks that will plug into your alpine head unit, 93.1 will be a thing of the past unless you change that shit you guys play... How can anyone say a def lepord remix is worthy of playing, but yet you don't play any of the 1000's of house vox out there??

And I know the HNIC doesn't give a fuck, cause my buddies use to have an ad on the side or your trucks and they told me the same thing...

But come on, let this board pick 10 tracks.....

ya know.. you do have a point.. I've personally never listened to Party 93.1 .. never had a reason too.. prolly never will either.. It's just not my cup of tea

Mmm its like copying the radio edits from the dance radios in all over Europe.. it all depends on the type of society. Like there's tunes in Europe that made it all #1 charts, and here they barely get the top 20. Its not the radio, its the people that listen to it.. if we all demand for a certain track, do the requests for a good song, they will play it.. just take a look at Armin van Buuren's - Just another day < this track didnt even get to the top 15, and Europe it was #1 for weeks.. its not the radio, its the people, if more of US would exist in South Florida, IM sure the radio will deal with that and play even more. I dont really know why is everyone bitching at Buster, he is only the promoter for the radio, I may be wrong.. but there's a group of peeps on the radio that choose the songs according to the type of audience that listens to the radio, and how good would it succeed.

All I will ask though is, PLEASE! change that machine talking over and over again.. and, I personally would rather hear some classic Eurodance instead of Lasgo and Ian van Dahl ;) .. anyways, I will support to wherever is beneficial for dance music in general.

Wonderin' when the subject of this thread would drop in.

You people act like FM is some sort of free medium...sorry to break it to ya, but it's not. It costs hundreds of millions of dollars to pitch up a tower, apply to the FCC (which should be disbanded) for the frequency, pay the rent on the building, and all that jazz...stuff costs money. So even a dance station like 93.1 has to be somewhat commercial, just to survive. You're not gonna have 24/7 of Digweed/Tiësto/PvD/your favorite DJs sets, since that doesn't work in the US market. Your average radio listener wants to hear a song or two, usually with vocals and cheesy synth solos. Some "CP friendly" tracks may make it on at some point...my advice is to send the station emails...clear, concise, intelligent emails, not "j00 guyZ d0n1 pl4y d1gw33d 3n0ugh 1 w1ll h4ck y0ur s1t3!!!!"

As for Buster's role, the average radio listener likes what he says, so they're sticking with it. I've known the guy for about 3 years now, and he does know his shit...you don't get that on the radio since the average listener could care less about the ins and outs of the industry...Buster's not gonna give a doctoral speech on beatmatching because some CP weenie wants him to...he's gonna do what is needed for the station's format, which is commercial dance music.

93.1 isn't radio for the minority of knowledgable dance music folk in miami...it's dance music for the "unwashed masses". They're not gonna start catering to a small minority and watch their ratings plummet.

Mapdash,

I'll bet you didn't have the balls to sign your name to that e-mail just like you didn't have the balls to sign your post. At least Buster is out there being himself whether you like it or not. It's easy to be some fucking idiot hiding behind an alias on a computer, but it's hard to put yourself out there every night, trying to do something to help the scene.

If you are such a huge Tiesto fan that you were so offended by Buster’s voice, why weren’t you at the show instead of listening to the radio? If you’re so proud of the e-mail, why not sign your name? What do you do for a living? What do you do to further the dance scene?

For the record…Buster is a very close friend of mine. He and my wife went to college together, and have been great friends ever since. However, my friendship with him has very little to do with my reaction and response to your post. I happen to know that Buster works 20 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is mainly motivated by helping the dance scene. Before 93.1 he was with Ego Trip Magazine where month after month he pushed the publishers and editors to include coverage of dance music, DJ's, and dance culture…which eventually they did. When he found out Cox was putting 93.1 on the air, he applied for the job of marketing director, again, with the idea of furthering the dance scene. Since then he has started AlternativeTV3, (if you live on South Beach, you’ve probably seen it), again, to further the dance scene. He has always been there to help me promote my events as well as being there for almost every other dance music promoter in this town. He doesn’t do drugs or drink yet he’s still at every event dancing his ass off and supporting…even when he’s not working. My point is, he's a good guy, and if you knew him, you wouldn't write things like that.

By the way…When a club hires the station, (that’s right…the club pays for the live broadcast), they do it to attract people to the club. The “drop-ins†are scheduled so that the people listening will know where it’s coming from even if they tuned in late. Buster is doing his job, you moron. He gets no joy from talking over Tiesto’s record. He isn’t trying to ruin your MP3 recording. IT’S WHAT THE CLUB PAYS FOR! If you don’t like it, change the station.

Buster and I have had many conversations about the playlist at 93.1. As a clubber, he feels much the same way most “clubbers†feel about it. Unlike you, he understands the reality that to stay on the air and make money they have to appeal to the broadest audience possible. There is a really complicated and costly process applied to select the playlists. They actually survey listeners. It's not like Buster and Phil sit in a room and decide that this is the music they want to play. It's a big time radio station owned by one of America's leading media companies. They play underground dance in time slots that they can do it without alienating the core audience. I, for one, am glad they’re here and I realize that it’s a lot more than we had before.

I have also asked people who are at the top of the industry their opinions of Buster and the station. Here’s a little bit of what they’ve said…

“I’ll always make time for Buster. He’s the hardest working guy in the scene and is always there for us.†Paul Oakenfold

It’s about time that someone in America put on a Dance station. It’s really good for the scene and I hope they stick with it.†Matt Priest, BBC Radio1

“Buster’s the man. He’s been working for the scene since the old days back in Boston.†Felix Da Housecat

Also…93.1 and Buster are bringing Tiesto back to Miami for a FREE show on July 4th. Yeah, these guys really suck.

Saleen, who started this thread, at least has the balls to say what he feels and do it under his own name. Mr. 2 post Mapdash, next time you write a post like that at least have a clue what you’re talking about and have the balls, (or is it integrity), to say it without hiding like a pussy.

Dade

Originally posted by ogmiami

Mapdash,

I'll bet you didn't have the balls to sign your name to that e-mail just like you didn't have the balls to sign your post. At least Buster is out there being himself whether you like it or not. It's easy to be some fucking idiot hiding behind an alias on a computer, but it's hard to put yourself out there every night, trying to do something to help the scene.

If you are such a huge Tiesto fan that you were so offended by Buster’s voice, why weren’t you at the show instead of listening to the radio? If you’re so proud of the e-mail, why not sign your name? What do you do for a living? What do you do to further the dance scene?

For the record…Buster is a very close friend of mine. He and my wife went to college together, and have been great friends ever since. However, my friendship with him has very little to do with my reaction and response to your post. I happen to know that Buster works 20 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is mainly motivated by helping the dance scene. Before 93.1 he was with Ego Trip Magazine where month after month he pushed the publishers and editors to include coverage of dance music, DJ's, and dance culture…which eventually they did. When he found out Cox was putting 93.1 on the air, he applied for the job of marketing director, again, with the idea of furthering the dance scene. Since then he has started AlternativeTV3, (if you live on South Beach, you’ve probably seen it), again, to further the dance scene. He has always been there to help me promote my events as well as being there for almost every other dance music promoter in this town. He doesn’t do drugs or drink yet he’s still at every event dancing his ass off and supporting…even when he’s not working. My point is, he's a good guy, and if you knew him, you wouldn't write things like that.

By the way…When a club hires the station, (that’s right…the club pays for the live broadcast), they do it to attract people to the club. The “drop-ins†are scheduled so that the people listening will know where it’s coming from even if they tuned in late. Buster is doing his job, you moron. He gets no joy from talking over Tiesto’s record. He isn’t trying to ruin your MP3 recording. IT’S WHAT THE CLUB PAYS FOR! If you don’t like it, change the station.

Buster and I have had many conversations about the playlist at 93.1. As a clubber, he feels much the same way most “clubbers†feel about it. Unlike you, he understands the reality that to stay on the air and make money they have to appeal to the broadest audience possible. There is a really complicated and costly process applied to select the playlists. They actually survey listeners. It's not like Buster and Phil sit in a room and decide that this is the music they want to play. It's a big time radio station owned by one of America's leading media companies. They play underground dance in time slots that they can do it without alienating the core audience. I, for one, am glad they’re here and I realize that it’s a lot more than we had before.

I have also asked people who are at the top of the industry their opinions of Buster and the station. Here’s a little bit of what they’ve said…

“I’ll always make time for Buster. He’s the hardest working guy in the scene and is always there for us.†Paul Oakenfold

It’s about time that someone in America put on a Dance station. It’s really good for the scene and I hope they stick with it.†Matt Priest, BBC Radio1

“Buster’s the man. He’s been working for the scene since the old days back in Boston.†Felix Da Housecat

Also…93.1 and Buster are bringing Tiesto back to Miami for a FREE show on July 4th. Yeah, these guys really suck.

Saleen, who started this thread, at least has the balls to say what he feels and do it under his own name. Mr. 2 post Mapdash, next time you write a post like that at least have a clue what you’re talking about and have the balls, (or is it integrity), to say it without hiding like a pussy.

Dade

:aright:

I suck.

:laugh:

:aright: very nicely put

Dade must've jumped in when I was typing :)

Well-worded points though...

I have a challenge for y'all.

You don't like 93.1? You have plenty of options.

Open up your own FM station. Call it WCPM 107.9 FM or something..."music for the CP music experts, by the CP music experts!"

Watch as maybe 2 or 3 thousand people tune in. Watch as your bank account goes down 2 or 3 thousand per minute.

If you're smart, you can do it pirate-style instead. Watch Pump Up The Volume, and no, you won't get to bang some cute girl in your backyard.

If you're smarter, you'll apply for a slot on XM 80, where you can play whatever the hell you want, since it's subscriber-supported. Hell, you can sit there and fart 135 BPM into the mic all day.

If you're a fucking genius, you'll deploy a citywide 802.11g network and transmit a Shoutcast stream for the mobile users, and subsidize it by offering mobile broadband.

If you're a genuine madman, you'll shut up and put a CD in. That's what I do when I want to hear what I want to hear.

Guest saleen351

Its realy amazing how clueless, dade, pod, buster and everyone else on this thread is except raymond...

NO ONE IS SAYING PLAYING SOME BANGING TRIBAL AND TUNES YOU'LL HEAR AT SPACE AT 6AM, BUT THERE IS 958374598745897342598473598437598359247 COMMERCIAL HOUSE VOX THAT THEY DON'T PLAY BECAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY, AND TO QUOTE A RADIO PERSONALITY WHO I KNOW (NOT IN FLORIDA) "PM HAS A UNIQUE EAR".... NICE WAY OF SAYING, HES CLUELESS....

AND THEY DO SIT IN A ROOM AND HAVE MEETINGS ABOUT THE MUSIC, BUT IN THE END I HEAR THE HNIC CALLS ALL THE SHOTS NO MATTER WHAT...

I'LL BURN MY HARD DRIVE AND 93.1 CAN CHOOSE FROM WELL OVER 5000 DANCE TRACKS... TRUST ME A FEW HUNDRED WOULD DO WONDERS FOR THAT STATION...

PLEASE TELL ME WHICH TRACKS WOULD BE BETTER:

SKEE LOW REMIX OR MURK ALRIGHT?

BILLY RAY MARTIN HONEY TSETTOS REMIX OR DEF LEPARD REMIX?

THAT DRUNKEN MONEY E TUNE OR REINA NO ONES GONNA CHANGE YOU REMIXES??????????

CLUELESS, THE PUBLIC WILL EAT THIS STUFF UP, YET YOU TURN OUT TRASH... WHO EVER DID THE DEF LEPARD TRACK NEEDS TO BE SHOT!!!!

93.1 IN 5 YEARS SIMPLY WON'T BE IN BUINESS.. ELECTRONIC MUSIC FANS USE ALTERNATIVE MEANS AND ARE MORE COMPUTER AND TECH DRIVEN THEN THE ZETA CROWD... HENCE THEY WILL LEAVE AND FIND A BETTER ALTERNATIVE...:idea:

Forget it, Pod. You're trying to reason with people who have never done anything to further the scene...never put their money or reputations on the line for something they believe in...have only been into this scene for a short time...but complain about everything and think they know better.

By the way...when these guys put this station on the air, they all left other jobs to do it. Everyone around them told them it would not work and they would never get new jobs in radio. Now they are #3 in the market. I just think that they deserve a little respect.

To have some punk log on with a name they made up to spew shit at people spewing that shit at people who genuinely care makes me sick.

Forget it, Pod. You're trying to reason with people who have never done anything to further the scene...never put their money or reputations on the line for something they believe in...have only been into this scene for a short time...but complain about everything and think they know better.

By the way...when these guys put this station on the air, they all left other jobs to do it. Everyone around them told them it would not work and they would never get new jobs in radio. Now they are #3 in the market. I just think that they deserve a little respect.

To have some punk log on with a name they made up to spew shit at people spewing that shit at people who genuinely care makes me sick.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rcrespo

i'm sure i could name 5 songs that party could incorporate into their current rotation that would make a difference to some people. :)

i'll do it now

way out west - mindcircus

gus gus - david

underworld - two months off

ashtrax - digital reason

ad finem - angel (mas collective radio edit?)

There's radio edits for all of thse songs and they all fit pretty much with the current rotation is .. energetic dance music.

they dont' get it raymond... they think we are talking about some hard tribal and tech tracks.... its really sad how clueless miami is on choones..