Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who's better junior vasquez or tony draper?????????????

Originally posted by sinixstar

yea, you left off minimal house, deep house, breakbeat house, classic house, and prolly a few more.

edit: by the way - the "soulful house" and "diva house" categories you put up there - typicly fall under "vocal house". Seeing as it's the vocals that give it that "soulful" or "diva" feel. altho, again - all house is soulful - so that's sort of a redundant classification.

Diva house may be a subset of vocal house, but it definitely deserves its own category.

And you've both forgotten about:

Tribal house

Let's see what else can we come up with??? :laugh2:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that depends on how far you want to break down the genre, personally i'm against the over genrefication of music, but if you really wanted to get into it.

deep chicago house

deep minimal house

deep tech house

deep disco house

deep tribal house

deep progressive house

hard chicago house

hard minimal house

hard tech house

hard disco house

samba house

acid house

downtempo house

frech house

dub house

nu jazz

garage

speed garage

vocal disco house

edit: oh yea, and 2step breakbeat garage (uk garage) and techno house. (some would argue that there is a difference between tech-house and techno house. Tech-house is more house oriented, and techno house has a rougher more techno oriented feel to it, but is still house)

the point i'm really trying to make is that there is a difference between underground music culture, and club culture. While there is a good deal of cross over between the two - Junior's music is meant to speak to those within the club culture. Because of this, I find it hard to really categorize him in the same way I would categorize producers and DJs who are more in step to the underground music culture.

I just don't see how you can put somebody like Junior in the same field as say boo williams, or rick garcia, or ron trent, or miguel migs, or CZR, or Green Velvet/Cajmere. Those people play house. One could argue that what Junior plays is house, but it's a brand of house that's been beatin into a form that speaks to a different crowd. That in my book makes it a different entity completely.

the point i'm really trying to make is that there is a difference between underground music culture, and club culture. While there is a good deal of cross over between the two - Junior's music is meant to speak to those within the club culture. Because of this, I find it hard to really categorize him in the same way I would categorize producers and DJs who are more in step to the underground music culture.

I just don't see how you can put somebody like Junior in the same field as say boo williams, or rick garcia, or ron trent, or miguel migs, or CZR, or Green Velvet/Cajmere. Those people play house. One could argue that what Junior plays is house, but it's a brand of house that's been beatin into a form that speaks to a different crowd. That in my book makes it a different entity completely.

are u from chicago?

i grew up there. I was just going through some records earlier, which is why all the chicago house references.

had a feeling...

nothing wrong with chicago house or dj's/artists from there, I def. like all that stuff too (especially CZR he rocks) , but house heads from chicago tend to be pretty hard headed about what exactly is real house since they come from the city where it started.

i'll leave it at this...there are many diff types of house...not everyone is going to like every sub genre and sub sub genre, etc...

but just because it is not YOUR particular definitive house sound doesn't make it wrong or not deserving of recognition.

i personally love all types of house so no discrimination here...

yea, you left off minimal house, deep house, breakbeat house, classic house, and prolly a few more. The only thing i've ever heard him do - that i suppose would even fall under these classifications, is Cheesy/commercial house. Honestly - i look at that shit as it's own seperate entity. A lot of what I hear clubkids talking about, i shove off into it's own seperate category. I'm sorry, but i just don't see it.

check out ellis d-sky and ellis d-the needle

definitely not cheesy

• 3 weeks later...

Junior is much better. He is an unbelievable producer , remixer...DJ.

As for a residency, Hes had like 8 MAJOR, successful residencys.

Unfortunately EXiT will make alot of people forget about his days @ Palladium, Tunnel, Twilo(originally Soundfactory)

Junior of course.

Vic calderone

Peter Rauhofer

these guys can maybe hold a candle to him