sauvee88

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sauvee88

I'm not so sure he'll be good in England.... look at Veron. :(

they got a shitload of mid fielders. giggs, veron, scholes, butt, keane and even used solskjaer in his position. what i would do with that $$ is go buy an experienced defender. no doubt they can score, but their weekneses in defence were exposed in the matches against real madrid.

Originally posted by vicman

they got a shitload of mid fielders. giggs, veron, scholes, butt, keane and even used solskjaer in his position. what i would do with that $$ is go buy an experienced defender. no doubt they can score, but their weekneses in defence were exposed in the matches against real madrid.

You move Keane back, he's an asshole, he'll be perfect in defence and he'll stay fresher. And you don't need two hard nosed guys in midfield - Butt is more than enough, Scholes can be an ass too at times.

Guest jroo

if there was a baseball world cup with all the best pro-players playing, who would win?

dunno if Puerto Ricans would play for the US, but if they played separetely who would win?

of course the puerto ricans wouldnt play for america. all of our benifits, non of our pride. a world cup of baseball would be great, right now only college players play in the oylmpics. our baseball season is wayyy to long to take time out to play for a cup. they should have the competiton in the winter in domed stadiums. i still feel that america has the most talent in baseball, sure you have some stars from other countries, but we still have the best talent.

Originally posted by jroo

of course the puerto ricans wouldnt play for america. all of our benifits, non of our pride. a world cup of baseball would be great, right now only college players play in the oylmpics. our baseball season is wayyy to long to take time out to play for a cup. they should have the competiton in the winter in domed stadiums. i still feel that america has the most talent in baseball, sure you have some stars from other countries, but we still have the best talent.

i agree, but you can only select a limited amount of players. who's roster would be better?

hell, hockey in the olympics totally kicks ass now since all the NHL players take part in it.

Originally posted by jroo

Full over we have the best talent. We just migrate ball players to add a little flavor and to give back to those countries that have a less fotunate professional sports league.

i agree, but you can only select a limited amount of players. who's roster would be better?

hell, hockey in the olympics totally kicks ass now since all the NHL players take part in it.

But how many NHL hockey players have a linguist with them at all times?

I like how Canada and the U.S. haven't done shit in the Olympics in hockey since opening up to NHL hehe.

Originally posted by kken

I like how Canada and the U.S. haven't done shit in the Olympics in hockey since opening up to NHL hehe.

Canada beat the US for the gold medal in the last olympics. also, the concept of "team" is sometimes overlooked and everyone just focuses on the individual players.

Originally posted by therunner

Full over we have the best talent. We just migrate ball players to add a little flavor and to give back to those countries that have a less fotunate professional sports league.

but whose roster would at the end be the best? it's not like you can put every American player on the roster at the same time. d-uh.

Canada beat the US for the gold medal in the last olympics. also, the concept of "team" is sometimes overlooked and everyone just focuses on the individual players.

Thought it was either Russia or Hungary? Holy shit I'm outta it... :confused:

Originally posted by revaluation

wha? didn't they just play for the gold against each other?

Yes, apparently Ken has lost 5 years of his life, he still believes it's 1998 and the Chzec Republic just won the Gold at Nagano. :laugh: :laugh:

but whose roster would at the end be the best? it's not like you can put every American player on the roster at the same time. d-uh.

so basically you take the All Star roster and then cut it in half. That would be an amazing team. The only truly outstanding player from another country is Ichiro. The rest have been good but are not as consistent.

Pedro is struggling right now. Pudge's career is probably over (though he'll probably be in the All Star game anyway).

And the biggest problem is Bonds. You gonna pitch around Bonds to get to who? Alex Rodriguez, Sosa, Puljos (is he from America?), Giambi? In fact, I might even take the 3rd string team from Madagascar if they had Bonds.

Originally posted by sauvee88

Yes, apparently Ken has lost 5 years of his life, he still believes it's 1998 and the Chzec Republic just won the Gold at Nagano. :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah pretty much... I just remember the US hockey team trashing their rooms. Stupid white people!

Guest jroo

so basically you take the All Star roster and then cut it in half. That would be an amazing team. The only truly outstanding player from another country is Ichiro. The rest have been good but are not as consistent.

Pedro is struggling right now. Pudge's career is probably over (though he'll probably be in the All Star game anyway).

And the biggest problem is Bonds. You gonna pitch around Bonds to get to who? Alex Rodriguez, Sosa, Puljos (is he from America?), Giambi? In fact, I might even take the 3rd string team from Madagascar if they had Bonds.

sosa isnt american, but anyway, we would still have the best team, all the other non american players arent from teh same country. so unless it was america versus the world we'd still have the title, and we'd probably still win it then too. randy johnson, the rocket, curt schilling, greg maddox. they wouldnt even be able to hit us.

Ok, then where the fuck (pronounced fook, apparently) did the word 'soccer' come from. Perhaps its 'american' for 'can't take a hit'. And baseball does not 'come from cricket' anymore than football or hockey 'comes from' soccer. If you think about sports they all have some relation. There's a goal/area/plate which a defense defends as an offense tries to put some obect in a place that will score them points.

So what if Europens invented everything? Our country's only 200 + years old. Europe's been around for thousands of years and they managed only one sport that anybody really gives a shit about....and then they're not even the best at it.

The word soccer comes from the shortening and alteration of Association Football, when the sport became official way back before 1900. Anyway, the word became popular in the US since another word was needed to distinguish between the sport played with the feet and the other which is commonly known as football here in the US. :rolleyes: