Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why do some girls shave their eyebrows OFF?

weyes

seriously, i'd like to know. i'm not talking about waxing them till they're thin-ass lines, which i also don't understand, but what's up with the total removal of eyebrows? and why do the girls who do this draw them back on and usually in a ridiculous color like green :confused: ?

Originally posted by weyes

seriously, i'd like to know. i'm not talking about waxing them till they're thin-ass lines, which i also don't understand, but what's up with the total removal of eyebrows? and why do the girls who do this draw them back on and usually in a ridiculous color like green :confused: ?

They must have an infatuation with clowns...

The complete removal of your eyebrows is just unattractive..

I have yet to see someone who looks nice and has NO real

eyebrows.

SO GROSS!! YUCK...

Weyes thats hair thats intended to be kept,

not shaved off completely. ;):laugh::tongue:

Originally posted by naughtybabe

The complete removal of your eyebrows is just unattractive..

I have yet to see someone who looks nice and has NO real

eyebrows.

;):laugh::tongue:

I agree, they were put there for a reason...

I like some tweezing/shaping, but when they get too thin or are completely gone... :yuck:

lol... its ridiculous... i do not trust anyone who does not have their own eyebrows...

It depends on their music taste and lifestyle... For example, the goth/industrial scene tends to do that. I've got a couple of acquaintances that shave their eyebrows. I don't think it's very appealing:yuck:

University of Life

‘the eyebrow’

The eyebrow is one of the stranger structural elements on the human face. They sit just above the eyes, but their function is still largely a matter of scientific and pseudoscientific speculation. One proposal insists that the eyebrows prevent transpiration from running into the eye. But a recent scientific experiment, in which the subject’s eyebrow was shaven off, revealed no preferential occurrence of a transpirational stream into the eye. At the UOL we have noticed that the function of the eyebrow might only be present at the late adult male stage of life. It’s a well-known fact that the male eyebrow tends to get more bushy and increases in size later in life. Individual eyebrow hairs grow longer and the eyebrow field is extended in all directions. Another characteristic of late adult life is the presence of children and grandchildren. This simple fact cannot be a coincidence and therefore the function is easily distilled from both these truths. The late adult male eyebrow serves as a good handhold for the infant hand during early childhood when the infant lacks coordination. The grabbing and holding of the father figure reinforces the special bond between the two. Women unfortunately tend to fail to develop bushy eyebrows since their bond is reinforced through different means. We are not going to go in detail here on these, since they are topic of a different lecture. We do want to point out that extended facial hair is not restricted to the eyebrow area. Also the male nose and ears are subject to the evolutionary law of grip enhancement. This gives the toddlers hand several options for grabbing and will reduce the likelihood of the occurrence of an early disappointment of infant in case it fails to grab the hair handles. This ensures that the confidence of the infant has every opportunity of developing in the proper and desired direction.

Some speculation is still going on other evolutionary functions of the eyebrow. Especially the so-called ‘uni-brow’, in which the eye runs from left to right, or from right to left, without the characteristic break in the middle. The lack of distinction between the left and right eyebrow has been proven to be very confusing for the young infant. Instead of two target area’s there is only one. Later in life these deprived children will experience many psychological problems, often of a diverse nature. The medical board of the UOL therefore nowadays recommends that the males with the unibrow phenotype at least temporarily shave the center area of their unibrow. Or if that is impossible because of work requirements that the center of the unibrow is painted flesh colour with a washable and non-toxic paint. This will trick the infant in most cases. Since there are obvious problems with the unibrow concerning the relationship between adult and child scientist are puzzled about the frequent occurrence of the unibrow in the population. Recently it has been proposed that there is indeed a clear evolutionary advantage to the unibrow. A certain subset of women was found to be attracted to the unibrow and found it simply irresistible. This behaviour is caused by a freak mutation in a gene previously linked to intelligence. This small population of women therefore caused an evolutionary drive in the male population towards the unibrow. As a result a comparable size of the male population is now specialized in the unibrow as a sexual strategy.

Although the eyebrow has been under close scientific scrutiny in the recent years much is still unknown about this wondrous facial structure. We expect that many new finds will surface in the next few years.

u gotta understand that not all have the luxury of a 'stramlined face' ...hence, 2 have the augmentive lined features, the bushy brows gotta go ! and this 2 sum extent includes the all-time face buster...THE UNIBROW !!!

just a reminder, some peeps...especially girls have eyebrows that respond to trimming like a guys jowls does to shaving. its not a matter of choice but neccesity.. seen a few.. :)

Originally posted by fierydesire

Are you kidding me? I don't get why they would shave em off. But a chick I know got her eyebrows tattoed. So she doesn't have to fill em in. That seems good and bad, but getting eyebrows tattoed on ewww:shake: :worry:

Yea I have heard of that...it's fucking weird, I dunno why anyone would wanna do that. I like my brows :)

I've considered "permanent makeup" (ie, tattooing) for my brows. Not meaning I want to wax them off and get them tattooed on. :laugh: Just that I wouldn't mind having the thin spots filled in. I have to do it with an eyebrow pencil, and it usually wears off in a few hours.

Is that what you were talking about, Z?

Originally posted by fierydesire

Are you kidding me? I don't get why they would shave em off. But a chick I know got her eyebrows tattoed. So she doesn't have to fill em in. That seems good and bad, but getting eyebrows tattoed on ewww:shake: :worry:

Looks pretty good compare to the "drag style" green brow look.

i was seein a girl last summer with tatooed eyebrows...

she didn't shave them though...

hers were so blonde...without the tats...she had no eyebrows...

they were redish brown...and i would never have known...

they looked very good...

i love when girls have their eyebrows done...

lookin all evil and devious...

thats just me...:worry:

Originally posted by tastyt

I've considered "permanent makeup" (ie, tattooing) for my brows. Not meaning I want to wax them off and get them tattooed on. :laugh: Just that I wouldn't mind having the thin spots filled in. I have to do it with an eyebrow pencil, and it usually wears off in a few hours.

Is that what you were talking about, Z?

yup, this chick I know has em, but still has brows just doesnt have to stencil anymore:tongue:

Originally posted by tastyt

How does it look? Do you know where she had them done and how much it was? :confused:

I don't know the price, but she got it done in Texas, where she is from :tongue: I don't think they are that pricey, come on how can tattoeing eyebrows be expensive. . .

So your really considering this:tongue: