Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NE one been in intra racial relationship?

tommyarmani

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tommyarmani

if so , ever had to deal w/ ignorant people...

Well, intra means within, so do you mean white with whites, blacks with blacks, etc./..?

Or do you mean Inter-, meaning black n white, etc...?

lol, speaking of ignorant :laugh2:

For me, i've been in both inter and intra :cool:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Well, intra means within, so do you mean white with whites, blacks with blacks, etc./..?

Or do you mean Inter-, meaning black n white, etc...?

lol, speaking of ignorant :laugh2:

For me, i've been in both inter and intra :cool:

gm, what r u talking about, it says inter?

:laugh:

I've been in some. And yes there were many ignorant people. I was dating this guy awhile back and he came into my old neighborhood in BK. We were going out to ride out bikes along the Verrazzano Bridge and while in my neighborhood a bunch of assholes started making comments and throwing shit. I felt like we were in that movie a Bronx tale. Talk about fucken ignorance:mad:

And another time, I hooked up with this black guy on one of our high school ski trips and I thought nothing was wrong with it. All the girls were cool with me prior to us hooking up, then when we did hook up. They started talking shit like oh what is he doing with a white girl. Anyway, people are ignorant all over.

Ignorant people piss me off:mad: No one way of talking sense to them :rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

Originally posted by therunner

I have been in interracial relationships - but only with oriental and pacific islanders. I never caught any shit from anyone.

why do you people keep saying oriental?! FYI its asian people, oriental is what you say when your talking about rugs and chinaware:)

Originally posted by djreesa

why do you people keep saying oriental?! FYI its asian people, oriental is what you say when your talking about rugs and chinaware:)

No she was oriental - and asian. Asia is a big fucking place. I could say she is from asia and be a pastey ass white girl from Moscow russia is in asia. I could say I dated a north american and that could be any color in the world.

Being that I'm biracial, all of my relationships have been inter-racial.

My highschool bf's father found out on our second date... apparently his parents were up talking about it for hours. His dad didn't want him dating a "black" girl. :blank: I didn't learn of this until a few years later.

Another ex's grandma didn't like me anymore when she found out... one day she told him to get me out of her home... keep in mind that this was a woman who had lived in the projects since she moved here from PR like forty years ago...

If there was anything else... thankfully I haven't noticed it.

yes, my family... theyre very old school, you know from the old country... and its really ridiculous, we had a conversation one day, and at that point i tried to explain to them my thoughts and feelings onthe situation and that how its ignorant to believe that mr. or ms. right will be the exact race, religion or creed even sex as you... you never know what comes in what package... and to settle for someone you do not love simply because you both have the same rabbi or priest, or come from the same neck of the woods is ridiculous and completely absurd...

No she was oriental - and asian. Asia is a big fucking place. I could say she is from asia and be a pastey ass white girl from Moscow russia is in asia. I could say I dated a north american and that could be any color in the world.

where the hell on the map does it say the Orient?

:confused:

Originally posted by dgmodel

yes, my family... theyre very old school, you know from the old country... and its really ridiculous, we had a conversation one day, and at that point i tried to explain to them my thoughts and feelings onthe situation and that how its ignorant to believe that mr. or ms. right will be the exact race, religion or creed even sex as you... you never know what comes in what package... and to settle for someone you do not love simply because you both have the same rabbi or priest, or come from the same neck of the woods is ridiculous and completely absurd...

you da man... :aright:

therunner...--->No she was oriental - and asian. Asia is a big fucking place. I could say she is from asia and be a pastey ass white girl from Moscow russia is in asia. I could say I dated a north american and that could be any color in the world.

djreesa is right you moron...oriental refers to objects...rugs, paintings...whatever...and you were rippin on people for bein stupid???...:what::idea::laugh:

and as far as the ignorance goes...

i'm bi-racial and always in inter-racial relationships...

its surprising the amount of stupid ignorant people in the world...

one of my favorite lines...

we all need to keep fuckin till we're the same color...:laugh:

Originally posted by bodiii

you da man... :aright:

therunner...--->No she was oriental - and asian. Asia is a big fucking place. I could say she is from asia and be a pastey ass white girl from Moscow russia is in asia. I could say I dated a north american and that could be any color in the world.

djreesa is right you moron...oriental refers to objects...rugs, paintings...whatever...and you were rippin on people for bein stupid???...:what::idea::laugh:

and as far as the ignorance goes...

i'm bi-racial and always in inter-racial relationships...

its surprising the amount of stupid ignorant people in the world...

According to webster - you're a fucking dumbass!! So yes it is surprising the amount of stupid people in the world!!!

Main Entry: ori·en·tal

Pronunciation: "Or-E-'en-t&l, "or-

Function: adjective

Date: 14th century

1 often capitalized : of, relating to, or situated in the Orient

2 a : of superior grade, luster, or value b : being corundum or sapphire but simulating another gem in color

3 often capitalized : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of Orientals

4 capitalized : of, relating to, or constituting the biogeographic region that includes Asia south and southeast of the Himalayas and the Malay Archipelago west of Wallace's line

: a member of one of the indigenous peoples of the Orient

to answer your question... yes i am asian and most of the guys i have dated are either white or black. but either "combination" i have encountered stupid ppl and even more stupid comments, remarks, etc

one of my first bf's (white) was harrassed for going out with me by his friends in school. but he was a good kid, and didnt let it bother him and just ignored them

also my parents are white.. (note: iam adopted) and my dad and my grandmother (mother's side) are racist. ironic, huh that my dads adopts two asian daughters, huh? my father and i have gone toe to toe many times in regards to this and for a while we didnt speak .

in hs, i was dating this one guy who's black and i promised my mother i would not say anything about him when my grandmother was visting. ( to avoid confrontation) but my grandmother made an ignorant comment and i got very upset. we got in such an arguement that my aunt called my mom and yelled at her about my behavior. (funny, my grandmother didnt have the same reaction when my cousin came out of the closet though! :rolleyes: )

now, the comments and the incidents are far less and much more infrequent.. but you still get the occasional odd looks. i guess its something that i have just gotten accustomed to so it doesnt really phase me anymore.

According to webster - you're a fucking dumbass!! So yes it is surprising the amount of stupid people in the world!!!

Pronunciation: "Or-E-'en-t&l, "or-

Function: adjective

Date: 14th century

1 often capitalized : of, relating to, or situated in the Orient

2 a : of superior grade, luster, or value b : being corundum or sapphire but simulating another gem in color

3 often capitalized : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of Orientals

4 capitalized : of, relating to, or constituting the biogeographic region that includes Asia south and southeast of the Himalayas and the Malay Archipelago west of Wallace's line

: a member of one of the indigenous peoples of the Orient

So yes you can point to the map and say that's the orient.

Learn some geography.

U r mean! I was just trying to get some different perspectives & viewpoints as they pertain to my current situation. I didnt mean for this to turn into an argument/debate regarding proper terminology.

if you dont have something nice to say... make sure the other person is out of the room when you say it

:confused: