Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need a little help

i merchandise a chain of retail stores throughout the city and i work closely with our buyer..and lately we just feel so DEAD on our brands. We carry mostly everything..from ecko to armani. Are there any brands out there that are hot.. that everyone's getting?? Last brands we brought in were Puma, Kangaroo and Shady (bleh) We need somthing new to bring in more customers!! any ideas?

oh

one more question..

is diesel dead??

well it depends on what type of consumer you are trying to target.

"hip hop brands" may be able to generate a lot of buzz (and $$) but their brands are very fleeting. one minute a brand is in and then the next minute it's out. it's too dependent upon the popularity of the stars backing the brand up.

anyway, i also think juicy couture/diesel is out, as that market is being really saturated with a lot of the same shit. se7en, earl jeans, juicy, lucky are all the same shit.

i don't know if your stores carry more higher-end brand items, but i think a lot of the trendier, up and coming designers are in their moment right now. sigerson morrison, paper denim & cloth, pucci (making a come back), lulu guinness, citizens of humanity, buzz by jane fox just to name a few. these are typically found in higher end department stores such as barneys co-op..

lol.. got those too. ok Here's what we do have:

ecko red

tommy

polo/ralph lauren

rocawear

triple five soul

Angel jeans

armani

paper denim

diesel

girbaud

buffalo

iceberg

seven jeans

d&g

miss sixty

juicy

puma

fcuk

lady enyce

kangaroo

adidas

humanity jeans

paper denim

bimbo

perfecto

for men we have the same as above plus

sean jean

enyce

g star

akademiks

etc etc

it's possible we could sell higher end clothing..it all depends on our target market and location. We're in bay ridge, woodbridge, kings highway and staten island..not exactly madison ave. hmm:( :)

Originally posted by eckobarbie1

it's possible we could sell higher end clothing..it all depends on our target market and location. We're in bay ridge, woodbridge, kings highway and staten island..not exactly madison ave. hmm:( :)

do u happen to be reffering to that store Image?

ecko,

you definitely have the casual apparel/jeanswear covered from all aspects!

seeing the market you are serving, do you carry accessories, bags, hats, jewelries? that might help with sales... like christian dior jewelry & bags, burberry hats, prada shoes.

higher end goods, but not necessarily all of their product offerings. just the popular pieces.

and how old are your typical customers? if it's younger kids, maybe you guys should look into more affordable lines of clothes?

Our newsletter every week covers nightlifestyle and has a report on cutting edge looks that are seen on the scene. You might want to sign up to our newsletter because we do cover great clothing ideas, movements, and trends (and we don't get any compensation or kickbacks from the designers to say the positive reviews we give).

This week's feature would be an easy sell for you, nothing is hotter currently: Von Dutch.

Originally posted by rampage23

Calm DOWN

NO need to make false accusations now

Diesel will never die:bits: :bits:

When you can purchase Diesel t-shirts for 15.00 at Nationwide Retail stores, its almost dead. Plus, why do people insist on wearing what everyone else is wearing?..... Go out on a Friday/Saturday night to certain clubs, and people look like clones. your boring and you really don't put alot of though into looking good, you just follow the trend.. Get your own style, be yourself...

• 2 weeks later...

i merchandise a chain of retail stores throughout the city and i work closely with our buyer..and lately we just feel so DEAD on our brands. We carry mostly everything..from ecko to armani. Are there any brands out there that are hot.. that everyone's getting?? Last brands we brought in were Puma, Kangaroo and Shady (bleh) We need somthing new to bring in more customers!! any ideas?

oh

one more question..

is diesel dead??

Check out goa,its like the new juicy.

lol.. got those too. ok Here's what we do have:

ecko red

tommy

polo/ralph lauren

rocawear

triple five soul

Angel jeans

armani

paper denim

diesel

girbaud

buffalo

iceberg

seven jeans

d&g

miss sixty

juicy

puma

fcuk

lady enyce

kangaroo

adidas

humanity jeans

paper denim

bimbo

perfecto

for men we have the same as above plus

sean jean

enyce

g star

akademiks

etc etc

In my opinion, its so obvious... Take a look at the women and mens' line... its overwhelmingly a female store ! I swear to god, most of the stores that have like 70% women line of clothing,..always have the front display seem like a an all-woman store !! They just over-do it. No self respecting guy..or 'straight' for that matter will dare venture into that joint to buy something nice. Sure, guys arent big shoppers, but when we see something good being showcased, we mostly end up wandering in there and hence, something will be bought..especially with the limited line you posted :( it could be better. :D

Sounds more like a marketing problem more than a brand/stlye issue... no? I could be wrong, its just something I've picked up over the years ;)

Originally posted by magellanmax

In my opinion, its so obvious... Take a look at the women and mens' line... its overwhelmingly a female store ! I swear to god, most of the stores that have like 70% women line of clothing,..always have the front display seem like a an all-woman store !! They just over-do it. No self respecting guy..or 'straight' for that matter will dare venture into that joint to buy something nice. Sure, guys arent big shoppers, but when we see something good being showcased, we mostly end up wandering in there and hence, something will be bought..especially with the limited line you posted :( it could be better. :D

Sounds more like a marketing problem more than a brand/stlye issue... no? I could be wrong, its just something I've picked up over the years ;)

Our men's and women's store are located next to each other. They are completely different stores. At one point we were just one location, but we've expanded and have five. I also didn't list all of the menswear we carry because I got lazy after listing everything in the women's store. ;)

It's also hard to bring in new brands to any store that carries designer apparel, considering the economy is so dead and no one's shopping, the risk to fail is higher than ever.

Our men's and women's store are located next to each other. They are completely different stores. At one point we were just one location, but we've expanded and have five. I also didn't list all of the menswear we carry because I got lazy after listing everything in the women's store. ;)

It's also hard to bring in new brands to any store that carries designer apparel, considering the economy is so dead and no one's shopping, the risk to fail is higher than ever.

Before I get drilled a 'new one'.... I'll elaborate...

There are so may unisex stores/designers that outrightly alienate men :( For instance... The Gap, Liz Caiborne and the worst culprit.. 'Lords and taylor' !! God !! They have fab mens line but they market it mostly as a womans store...what gives ?.. Trust me, most of those stores have low men sales and it aint a mystery. Ask any guy if they like shopping at those stores/lines. The answer is a resounding NO !

True to fact, we may not be big shoppers(repeating) , but if a girl in your life or family went shopping and saw less selection of men lines, then its so obvious, less will be bought.

Just to reiterate, the unisex stores are very exclusionary...I'm sure that bites into the sales. Not for nothing,... being a distributor has nothing to do with the sales, I personally think the it has to come from the vendors(manufacturer) and trickle right down to the retailer to make anything work. Sure the economy has taken a toll on sales/merchandising, but you got to have a wide array of selection. Its not gonna be easy..one day at a time. Someday we may emerge from this Godforsaken slump. When?..who knows... keep your fingers crossed :D

Am I making any sense ? :)

Holla back :D