Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Im sorry but alot of you girls and guys dance the same

damn, that dance theory 101 shit was pretty deep!

I agree somewhat, i mean i see alot of the same ppl doing the same shit almost everyweekend and it would be nice to see ppl doing some different shit once in a while. BUT Regardless, all that matters is that you are having fun!!! Most people dont go out just to dance. They go out to have fun, hang out with their friends, hear good music, get fucked up, get laid, etc. I mean if your to busy worrying about how other ppl are dancing than are you really having that much fun?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by waaaaa

wtf do u care what people dance like..they are there to have fun and enjoy themselves regardless if they dance like everyone in there. go do your thing and not worry bout others doin theres.

Word

Mike - lol :laugh:

when i am dancing and having a good time, my mind is not bored to the point i have to look at other peoples dance moves to judge weather they are doing it "right". the only thing that throws me off is when someone is off beat...then i just close my eyes. :)

so people stop getting so offensive .... this post was not intended to anybody who goes to a nightclub and dances just to have a good time. This was intended to dancers..... (not just professional, but anyone who takes it seriously)

by serious i mean - shows off, Jumps in dance circles, and practices/learns

I noticed this stuff becuase I am a Professional Dancer .... I've studied hip-hop - house- jazz, and make much of my income through this.... So know I am not bored out of my mind. And im not critizing people having a good time... im observing people showoff ... doing the same thing i do ..

lets say theres a chick at a ice skating rink..... gliding around with her boyfriend. She happens to be a olympic figure skater .... and theres some people figure skating in the center ice.... now shes not watching or critizing the people just skating around and chilling. she observing the people in the middle cuz they're doing the same shit she does....

got it ...?

So can people please keep there ignorant sarcasm to topics that pertain to them?

cool

peace

Originally posted by sleep1souljerz

I wrote this awhile back but figured since we were on the topic ... u'd enjoy a lil perspective...

Sleep's dance theory 101 =)

Dancing. How come some people can and others can't? Is it genetic's? Upbringing? A curse? How come I can? ... I'm mean I can't throw a football, Do laundry, Im bad at math, I can't win a spelling bee against a 3 grader

problablbalby, but somehow I got rythmn. People joke and ask .... " Are you

sure your white?" .... well I am. But the point of this post is not for me

to brag about how great at dancing I think I am, Although I prolly could go

on for days with that one =), But I want to touch on dancing in general.

Why some people Have the ability and love it, why some dont but try anyway, and why some do it just to fit in and look cool but really have no heart or soul in what there doing. Those who feel the music, who just feel like having people watching them and who don't care whos watching them, because to them dancing is Creating, dancing is expression, and dancing is life.

I feel you either are born with Rythmn or not. Sad but true. It's a

gift, But we're all given gifts, the trick in life is just for us to find

them and enjoy them. Some people can sing, Throw bullseyes in darts, have

the gift of gab, courage, Intellegence, Sexual mojo, Good-looks, horse cock

.. but enough about myself =) the fact is don't feel bad if you lack rythmn

Cuz most likely you can do something we ( dancers ) cant that we'd be

jealous of. Ok enough of making you rythmnless retards feel better about

yourselves, But in case you still wanna learn to dance you still have

options.

You can learn to be a trained dancer, as in Dance class/ choreographed

dancer, but you'll have to work real hard to smooth your movements out and

stay on beat becuase you lack natural ability. But the advantage is you can

always bite those moves you've learned in class and try to pass of routines

that you've been taught as your own freestyle. Of course you run the risk

of someone catching on and embarassing you. Also your paying somebody else

to teach you shit you should be teaching yourself.

Yet another option, Which seems to be very popular in most clubs

today, is just to copy what you see other people doing. Which is why when

you go to any major clubs in the metro area....... you'll see all of these kids

dancing exactly the same. Now dont get me wrong, Its one thing to pick up

steps and shuffles and mix them into your own style. But these kids are

just straight up trying to be somebody else to look cool. Carbon copy

dancers, Metro is full of them. Its like you stand on the Edge of a circle

and watching them take turns and I swear its like watching the same kid In

different fcuk/ armani clothes going in and out. Very Uninteresting. They

have no Soul. Whats soul you ask? Ahh, let me enlighten you.

When us dancers refer to "Soul" we mean - Moving with Heart, Emotion, Feeling, Rythmn,and Expression as a pyshical reaction to sound ( music ).

Let me break it down for you. Even if you have no Rythmn, most likely you

can feel music Whether its house, progressive house, rap, hip hop , rock , country, or pop, you enjoy it becuase it makes you feel good or .... a certian way. Dancing is taking those feeling and putting it into pyschical movement. Expressing how the music is making you feel. Music is art. Art is a form of Expression. Expression is to conveying of emotion and feelings to another. Okay ...stilll with me ...good cuz we're going deeper.

I believe that there are two types of Expression. Expression

Intentionally directed at an individual or group of individuals is what I call Directed Expression. This is applies to art that is motivated by what others will percieve. This form usually involves a goal or agenda , Whether it be Money, Attention, or even sex ( which is the driving motivation for most

things) . Sometimes as in Music, Expression is altered so that it will

reach a target audience.However to me this isn't true art if sculpted by outside goals, amibitions. Some guy could be dancing at a club simply becuase he wants everyone watching him and giving him all the attention. Or perhaps theres some girl he's trying to impress. Either way he has an agenda for what he is doing. He is not doing it becuase he loves the feeling of dancing, of creating , Of interpreting what he is hearing through his own movement. This is called Free Expression.

Free Expression is when your dancing like nobody's watching. When you stand outside the realm of trends and standards. When you do what you do

becuase you LOVE it and its is who you are. Showing the world how original

and creative you are, and thus demonstrating talent and skill. The thing

about dancing is to remember its about

EXPRESSION, NOT IMPRESSION.

Don't worry about trying to show people that your great, dance to make YOURSELF

feel great with you who are. This is a lesson on how to live life, for

yourself and not for others. Thats when you'll be happy and people will

notice you for it. So apply this shit to dancing, u'll get more respect by being who you are and expressing who you are.

Now yea its easier to copy someone else's style... but goddamn .. is that what you wanna be? A Biter? No, take the time to find yourself, make your self different then anybody else. A dancer should try his/ her best to do the things they dont see anyone else, trust me , it will double your respect and attention grabbing. Of course you can choose not to, and play yourself and your scene.

Here's two common examples.

1. I see this big guy in a hawaiin shirt of vest hopping around by himself at this spot i go to on tuesdays by my house. Now I have never seen this dude kicking it to girls. Nor is he ever dressed to impress by any means. But im damned if everytime i see him going off I got a huge smile on my face. This guy loves dancing ... yea he might be a lil' goofy. But I rather chill out and bug out with a dude who dont care what anybody thinks about him, then someone who looks like they spent more time getting ready then most girls. Even if you got 0 skills but your trying and you got heart .... I'll give you props ... and so will any dancer.

2. metro skippers. GET A FUCKING CLUE AS TO WHAT DANCING IS ABOUT! If yall are trying to get your shine on by doing what you think is dancing, but don't appreciate originality and creativity, you are wack. Cockyness is a pathetic trait of any dancer. If your wack and cocky, you should practice on your skills and try coming with some humbleness. If your good... trust me theres someone better ...and one day they will make you eat that ego....no actually they will kick it down your throat in front of your friends and the rest of the club ( im speaking from expierance).

Tips for good dancing

#1. Learning different steps and styles. Wether thy're hip hop, house, latin... poppin or locking, take time to ask somebody to show you or watch carefully and practice on your own. If everytime you walk into a circle or the dance floor you are doing it with the same steps, People will tire of you quickly. Show diveresity of styles and people will have " Damn, where'd this dude come from" thoughts in they're head.

#2. Don't Repeat. If you keep repeating the same goddamn shit everytime you go off, you look like a fool. Practice your shit, Innovate and create. Really ...trust me .... it won't hurt.

#3. Develop a personality. Whether you throw comical , Intense, or any other type of attitude, let people know you are not taking your self to seriously.

#4. Give respect and Props. If someone sucks but there giving it there all. Let the dude know your feeling him. Keep a postive attitude going in all house circles all the time. Let people feed off your vibe and engery and they'll send it right back to you. It's a great feeling.

#5. Find your niche. Make sure you develop at least a couple of things nobody else does and use those to differ yourself and stand out from anybody else. People will actually remember you and like you for it. DEFINE YOU WHO ARE.

Things Not to do

#1. Copy ( or "Bite") other people

#2. Act like your the shit unless you can back it up.

#3. Attempt to Breakdance if you've never learned how.

#4. Call somebody out and not give'em a chance to respond

#5. Rave...... yea don't. Unless its some minblowing shit nobody's seen before

#6. Tell somebody "Thats not how you dance to this music". my crew member Bowlegged pulled some latin shit on me before to progressive house.... I won't lie ... I got served

#7. Try dancing really fast because you think it looks better. In fact, you end up looking like a hyper retard and the whole club laughs at you.

#8. DO NOT ..... UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY TO BATTLE ANY MEMBER OF SOULJERZ CREW. Of course I welcome any challenge, You will Lose and go home with hurt feelings..heheheh. Theres a good reason why we're the best. =)

All in all dancing is a blessing. It can bring you tons of joy in your life and even money, but do it right and keep it real. Remember above all, Be who YOU are. Nobody can take your originality away from you. Creativity and Expression the essential backbone of dancing. In ancient Australia, the Aboriginal people's idea of Genesis was of a state of chaos, in which the God's danced to create all of the life on earth. It was called Dreamtime. I'm sorry but I always thought that was so dope I had to throw that in there =). DANCED TO CREATE........ LIFE.

DANCE

CREATE

LIFE

Sleep-1

SouljerZ Crew

I apologize for spelling and grammar errors.. but im too tired to fix them ...u'll get the idea

P.s. .... some of u SF hoppers are getting nice .... props to the real dancers out there

Irv of Souljerz crew ...killin it ( hope the link works

1_0217_JPG.htm

...This man just wrote the best post on this board in the last 6 months...Y'all betta recognize!....:aright:...

Originally posted by sleep1souljerz

When us dancers refer to "Soul" we mean - Moving with Heart, Emotion, Feeling, Rythmn,and Expression as a pyshical reaction to sound ( music ).

Let me break it down for you. Even if you have no Rythmn, most likely you

can feel music Whether its house, progressive house, rap, hip hop , rock , country, or pop, you enjoy it becuase it makes you feel good or .... a certian way. Dancing is taking those feeling and putting it into pyschical movement. Expressing how the music is making you feel. Music is art. Art is a form of Expression. Expression is to conveying of emotion and feelings to another. Okay ...stilll with me ...good cuz we're going deeper.

1_0217_JPG.htm

:aright::clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

it was funny tonite at WEBSTERHALL i couldnt take it anymore i went up to 2 guys who werent together but were BATTALING. So i said to them "HEY ARE YOU GUYS TWINS" lol they were like "HUH I DUNNO HIM". So i preceeeded tojump in the air and me and my friend took over. But then later on these 2 great breakdancers girls kicked our asses,lol.

Originally posted by silverbull

it was funny tonite at WEBSTERHALL i couldnt take it anymore i went up to 2 guys who werent together but were BATTALING. So i said to them "HEY ARE YOU GUYS TWINS" lol they were like "HUH I DUNNO HIM". So i preceeeded tojump in the air and me and my friend took over. But then later on these 2 great breakdancers girls kicked our asses,lol.

I love it when good dancers BATTALE, especially if they have silver JEWELERY on. :grenade: