Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"REDICULOUS"....wtf???

mala

I've noticed that a lot of cpers spell the word ridiculous with an "e", instead of an "i". What's up with that? Is it supposed to be an new, hip, alternate spelling, or are that many cpers unaware of the correct spelling? Enlighten me.

well

you see.

the thing is..

the reason i might type it as rEdiculous on CP is beacause when something is like ridiculously good- i say..redic. i dunno, its just slang kid. but i do know the real spelling for important documents or something of the sort.

thats just my explanation..

maybe the rest are just illiterate or.. something....

Originally posted by weyes

i've noticed that, too.

and when people write "bebe," is that pronounced "bay-bay" or "beb"?

Bay-bay. It's french.

Anyway Mala... I've learned to ignore the misspellings. Half the people who post here are apparently only semi-literate... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by phatman

...i was very concerned about my spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc when i first started posting...then it all went to the shitter..

I am a nerd... I can't allow myself to slip like that! Especially considering the line of work I'm in.

...i CAN be a nerd...but being a moody bitch takes precedence over all that...so if i'm in the mood to be correct, so be it...in fact, there are times when i'll point out the errors within text just to fuck with someone - especially if they're trying to come off in an eruditious manner...

Originally posted by copahc

let me be the first to admit that I cannot spell fot shit.

Call me illiterate or whatever, but I have come to terms with my short comings

huked on foniks didn't werk fer me

i em won off the warst spelers(but i heard that it has no direct corralation with intelligence) :D

Originally posted by tastyt

Bay-bay. It's french.

Anyway Mala... I've learned to ignore the misspellings. Half the people who post here are apparently only semi-literate... :rolleyes:

ah. it would be plain as day if we had accents on cp.