Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sexy at the Roxy is back!!! Aug 22th

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand if all of you are VICIOUS fans why didnt iread anything about non of ya goin to hear him at other places hes played at? Also how old are yapeople who are gonne go. Cause seriosuly last time i went to SEXY AT THE ROXY everyone looked 18 and younger, with spiky hair and shades and dance the same. So im just curious about the age thingy.Thats another thing could it because it was 18 an over that this was the first club someof ya went to or were allowed to get in and just feel comfortable their goin again. Im even thinkin about showing up for this one wth some of my peeps. This way i can see what type of people post here. Why the crowd song, im sure if someother dj were to play it at another club ya guys would be like man this sucks its old cant believe hes still playing that BLAH BLAH BLAH. Anyhow how much will it cost to get in? Cause i wanna know if its a good investment or not to take offfrom work on sat and go here then go to ARC.

Originally posted by Ronin

2 of the best nights and often not mentioned nights were Madd Myles and the night Mike Mac spun. Definitely wanna see these guys tear it up again there.

so troo.............

that and when Bugout decided to tear it up at the competition, now his selection is A grade.......give this nigga a chance, I guarantee he rips them SI/LI guidos a new assholes

ps...........wassup Bobby G, good to see you got this party back:)

Originally posted by xtcgspot

i wanna see mad myles again bad as hell. i dont think the current nyc clubbin crowd can take it though. they couldnt the first time, kids were droppin out like flies from those hard ass beats

I heard him when he was better than that night at Roxy.......he can lay it down, he just has to be givin the chance

(look at the underground househead vouching for the hard/prog house frontliners..........you don't see this too often)

Originally posted by silverbull

I dont understand if all of you are VICIOUS fans why didnt iread anything about non of ya goin to hear him at other places hes played at? Also how old are yapeople who are gonne go. Cause seriosuly last time i went to SEXY AT THE ROXY everyone looked 18 and younger, with spiky hair and shades and dance the same. So im just curious about the age thingy.Thats another thing could it because it was 18 an over that this was the first club someof ya went to or were allowed to get in and just feel comfortable their goin again. Im even thinkin about showing up for this one wth some of my peeps. This way i can see what type of people post here. Why the crowd song, im sure if someother dj were to play it at another club ya guys would be like man this sucks its old cant believe hes still playing that BLAH BLAH BLAH. Anyhow how much will it cost to get in? Cause i wanna know if its a good investment or not to take offfrom work on sat and go here then go to ARC.

hahaha, well said.

Your math is a little off though...

Vicious + Roxy + Free = The most glorious club night ever!

Vicious + some other club + having to pay to hear him = 'eh'

In all seriousness though, I never ever had a bad time at Roxy, especially when Vicious has been there, and I would definitely say come and check it out that night. Get there early though, cause that place is gonna clear out at exactly 4:00, and not a minute later. Perfect timing if you're gonna go to Arc afterwards though.

Oh, and apparently he is gonna be playing some classics, hence requests for The Crowd Song.

Originally posted by zeeker

Vicious + some other club + having to pay to hear him = 'eh'

Sounds like someone is bitter because they never got a comp or a drink card, we know you like to shit on Roxy every chance you get. The point got across, you can stop now.

Vicious played better at Exit last time he was there then I ever heard him at Roxy.

Originally posted by Legend

Sounds like someone is bitter because they never got a comp or a drink card, we know you like to shit on Roxy every chance you get. The point got across, you can stop now.

Vicious played better at Exit last time he was there then I ever heard him at Roxy.

ha, I'm not bitter at all...I'm an 'Exit head' remember? and I definitely don't like to shit on Roxy. I have a great time everytime I'm there, and have always said that. In fact, I was actually telling him to come check it out, because it'll be a good time. I was just replying to Silverbull's comment about people only going to hear Vicious spin when he's at Roxy and thinking it's the greatest thing in the world. He was a lot better at Exit, because he didn't have to play to the crowd like he did at Roxy, and could play whatever he wanted to.

Originally posted by zeeker

He was a lot better at Exit, because he didn't have to play to the crowd like he did at Roxy, and could play whatever he wanted to.

This is true, I have always said the same thing.

Vicious should have been Exits resident after Draper was fired the first time.

Best time i personally heard Vicious was at Sound Factory. Amazing night. Second best was at Exit when they reopened after the renovations and right after 9/11, when Johnny Got on the mic and gave a speach, no music on, crowd almost quiet, and the red white and blue lights illuminating the disco ball.

Originally posted by Legend

YOUR RIGHT

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Ronin

Best time i personally heard Vicious was at Sound Factory. Amazing night. Second best was at Exit when they reopened after the renovations and right after 9/11, when Johnny Got on the mic and gave a speach, no music on, crowd almost quiet, and the red white and blue lights illuminating the disco ball.

I WAS THERE THAT NIGHT IT WAS GREAT :bowdown::rock::party::clap2:

Originally posted by silverbull

Cause seriosuly last time i went to SEXY AT THE ROXY everyone looked 18 and younger, with spiky hair and shades and dance the same.

You just had to throw the dancing thing in there didn't you. In all honesty if someone dances like someone else who cares. If each individual person is feelin the music and having a good time doing what they are doing why knock them for it? I really don't think the majority of the people sit there and try and consciously copy each others moves. Not everyone is so talented / creative/ coordinated to come up with thier own unique moves. So if a person is having fun dancing even if they look like a fool or are copying someone else, I really don't care, more power to them for not being shy and letting themselves have a good time. The one exception to that is if the person is dancing like such an idiot that its dangerous to be near them (ie. flailing arms, throwing elbows)

Originally posted by skince55

You just had to throw the dancing thing in there didn't you. In all honesty if someone dances like someone else who cares. If each individual person is feelin the music and having a good time doing what they are doing why knock them for it? I really don't think the majority of the people sit there and try and consciously copy each others moves. Not everyone is so talented / creative/ coordinated to come up with thier own unique moves. So if a person is having fun dancing even if they look like a fool or are copying someone else, I really don't care, more power to them for not being shy and letting themselves have a good time. The one exception to that is if the person is dancing like such an idiot that its dangerous to be near them (ie. flailing arms, throwing elbows)

i agree :aright:

folks we need your support....i keep hearing what NYC needs, but it is you that makes the party happen, not the club owner, the promoters or even the dj's...its you that sets the atmoshere... so come on out on Aug 22nd and support the event...and if it goes well it could become a monthly gig. Any thoughts?

Thursday I had a meeting with the roxy, johnny vicious, & roxy scott. The party is on. august 22nd beginning at 11pm. vicious would like mike bugout & dominick capella to open for him because they were associated with the party...great idea...it seems that people have called the roxy and have also asked to bring it back..so between that and the club plannet message board..it has arroused the interests of many many people...vicious has said he's so amped for this night that if you'll

stay until whenever..he will take you on a musical journey from the tunnel to today's music and then off to the future... phazon technicions will be tweeking up the system in preperation for what appears to be a night that's will be crazy...the hip hop

room will be open for those hip hop heads..main floor is vicious..stay tuned for more info