• JIMMYY T
    • STRYKE
    • STINGRAY
    • BRING LINGUINI BACK

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say somebody who has been DJing for the last 15+ years, producing music for over 10 years, and played everywhere from Ibiza, to London, to NYC to SF be called "flavour of the month"? I think Markus is finally getting the recognition he deserves here in Miami, and Just like Oscar G, works very hard to represent Miami internationally. Markus and Oscar are 2 of the most high profile remixer/producer/DJ's in Miami, it would make sense to have them both showcased at the most high profile club in Miami.

Originally posted by globalgirl

How can you say somebody who has been DJing for the last 15+ years, producing music for over 10 years, and played everywhere from Ibiza, to London, to NYC to SF be called "flavour of the month"? I think Markus is finally getting the recognition he deserves here in Miami, and Just like Oscar G, works very hard to represent Miami internationally. Markus and Oscar are 2 of the most high profile remixer/producer/DJ's in Miami, it would make sense to have them both showcased at the most high profile club in Miami.

not for nothing !! if we had this poll up, let's say three weeks ago. Markus would have been at the bottom of the list. hence my reference "DJ Flavor Of The Month". sorry if that offends you … Yes he may well be getting, the recognition he deserves. however there is someone at Space 34 by the name of Roland, who has been honing his craft for sometime now.

Don’t you think it’s time, he gets the recognition and respect he deserves?

I agree Roland is very good, But he also has a spot at Space 34 and plays every Saturday. I think what everyone here is trying to say is, Markus needs to be a resident at Space 34. Roland already is. I am sure most people wouldnt even be opposed to Markus and Roland alternating. Nobody is taking anything away from Roland. Markus needs to be at Space that is the message I think people are trying to convey. Do you agree Sobeton that Markus needs to be at Space one way or another?

Do you agree Sobeton that Markus needs to be at Space one way or another?

No .. would be my answer. where I to base it solely, on what I heard when he was at maze.

My short list of residents , that I feel need to be at Space one way or another ( keeping it on the local tip) : Edgar V. , Stryke, and Jimmy T. ;)

. I think what everyone here is trying to say is, Markus needs to be a resident at Space 34. Roland already is. I am sure most people wouldnt even be opposed to Markus and Roland alternating. Nobody is taking anything away from Roland. Markus needs to be at Space that is the message I think people are trying to convey. Do you agree Sobeton that Markus needs to be at Space one way or another?

yeah, markus might deserve a spot... BUT NOT AS RESIDENT ON THE PATIO!!!!!

Originally posted by sobeton

No .. would be my answer. where I to base it solely, on what I heard when he was at maze.

My short list of residents , that I feel need to be at Space one way or another ( keeping it on the local tip) : Edgar V. , Stryke, and Jimmy T. ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :laugh: :laugh:

If you play trance in the patio those 30 people will be the only one out there!!!

You want trance build it on a Friday like you did with Oscar G with House Sessions on Sat.

IMHO:

This is the way it should be: Have Jimmy T open lunar sessions from eg. 3-5 and have Roland 5-8am than bring O.G. to finish the party. And bring Stryke to the main Room 8 to close.

I bet the sunrise session will eventually be sunset session with O.G. in control.

:hat:

Originally posted by fa27

If you play trance in the patio those 30 people will be the only one out there!!!

You want trance build it on a Friday like you did with Oscar G with House Sessions on Sat.

IMHO:

This is the way it should be: Have Jimmy T open lunar sessions from eg. 3-5 and have Roland 5-8am than bring O.G. to finish the party. And bring Stryke to the main Room 8 to close.

I bet the sunrise session will eventually be sunset session with O.G. in control.

:aright: never thought about a combo like that. sounds good !

stryke is the only d.j. deserving of the space residency. You can talk all you want about these other d.j's, but none of them has done half of what stryke has done for dance music in miami since back in the edge days!

Plus technically none of these other d.j.'s can hold a stick to what the man does. I think that a d.j. contest for the finalist's in the residency decision would be a great idea, put these other d.j.'s in the booth, with a crowd , next to stryke and see the cream rise to the top!

Originally posted by fa27

IMHO:

Dude, have you ever heard Markus Schultz spinn or his radio show to call him trance?!?! .. calling him trance is pure ignorance.