Clubplanet Nightlife Community

stop worshiping wack ass european dj's please...

im tired of it. am i the only one?

maybe but fuck it

i cant stand tiesto okenboring pete thong etc.. and yet everyone seems to love them why?

can u shine some light on me cause i think there are many nyc djs that are talented and good yet our 212 crowd seems to be drown to the european overrated boring djs

what the fuck?:hat:

Originally posted by mimusica

maybe but fuck it

i cant stand tiesto okenboring pete thong etc.. and yet everyone seems to love them why?

can u shine some light on me cause i think there are many nyc djs that are talented and good yet our 212 crowd seems to be drown to the european overrated boring djs

ur jokin right........u shouldnt be talkin when u think tony draper is god

well lets get it straigh, i do not think draper is god at all. ok he is a friend of mine and happens to be a good dj doing his thing. my god is junior vasquez. tony draper plays a little too crazy for my taste ... if i wasnt his friend i would not listen to his music/noise but u cant take the credit away when it's due he is off the hook and great dj ok guy?

however lets not turn this post into draper war i just wanted to know if some people felt the same way about the overrated european dj's that we all hear in nyc now:cool:

What about overrated NY DJ's ? No mention of that eh? I am not going to name names, but most of those guys, let's just say don't believe the hype.

I think the most telling thing of all that says many of the "name" NY DJ's aren't up to par is that most of them cannot play outside of NY, Long Island, or NJ.

You don't see GateCrasher, Cream, Home, or Manumission filling up their flyers with NYC DJ names except for legends like:

DT

Morales

Morillo

Knuckles

Humphries

maybe but fuck it

A-Men...I'll get bashed for this but I dont care. I'm sick of the Tiesto worshiping that goes on. He's a great remixer/producer, I've always said that. But when it comes to DJing I just think he is so-so. Theres plenty of local talent who can hang with these jokers that people worship. Mike Macaluso, Peter Bailey, Mike Bugout, Tooch, and so on...

get it through your fucking heads... this is an international scene. anyone who says "i only listen to djs from new york" is just as stupid as anyone who says "i only listen to djs from europe."

either that or they've got a party to promote and nobody's showing up.

the fact of the matter is that international djs have three things going for them that nyc djs don't: (1) they are written about in international clubbing magazines, (2) individual djs are here less frequently then ny djs who live here so when they arrive its a special treat instead of a regular saturday night and (3) the world is a hell of a lot bigger then new york, so there are simply MORE international djs then new york djs.

all of these reasons are superficial and have nothing to do with the music - but if it looks like people favor the international djs over the domestic variety then that can explain it.

i'm sick of new yorkers who whine and whine about how nobody pays any attention to the ny djs... well to this i must say get a life. if you restrict yourself to only new york talent you're missing out on a great big world... just like if you only hear djs you've read about in mixmag, or if you go out to hear johnny vicious every single week.

there are great parties (e.g. homegrown) that cater primarily to ny talent but again, the idea here is to provide a forum for local talent to get exposed, not to get isolated.

dance is the first global culture the world has ever seen. rock too years to assimilate. jazz has still not traversed the world. but put yourself in a party in new york, and suddenly be transplanted to the czech republic and, with minor differences, you won't notice the difference until you leave. some cultures like to face the dj while partying, others like to dance in circles. some like to dress all crazy others are more tame. but these are superficial - its all about the same thing.

everyone stop whining. its old.

Originally posted by dialectics

get it through your fucking heads... this is an international scene. anyone who says "i only listen to djs from new york" is just as stupid as anyone who says "i only listen to djs from europe."

the fact of the matter is that international djs have three things going for them that nyc djs don't: (1) they are written about in international clubbing magazines, (2) individual djs are here less frequently then ny djs who live here so when they arrive its a special treat instead of a regular saturday night and (3) the world is a hell of a lot bigger then new york, so there are simply MORE international djs then new york djs.

all of these reasons are superficial and have nothing to do with the music - but if it looks like people favor the international djs over the domestic variety then that can explain it.

i'm sick of new yorkers who whine and whine about how nobody pays any attention to the ny djs... well to this i must say get a life. if you restrict yourself to only new york talent you're missing out on a great big world... just like if you only hear djs you've read about in mixmag, or if you go out to hear johnny vicious every single week.

there are great parties (e.g. homegrown) that cater primarily to ny talent but again, the idea here is to provide a forum for local talent to get exposed, not to get isolated.

dance is the first global culture the world has ever seen. rock too years to assimilate. jazz has still not traversed the world. but put yourself in a party in new york, and suddenly be transplanted to the czech republic and, with minor differences, you won't notice the difference until you leave. some cultures like to face the dj while partying, others like to dance in circles. some like to dress all crazy others are more tame. but these are superficial - its all about the same thing.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well lets get it straigh, i do not think draper is god at all. ok he is a friend of mine and happens to be a good dj doing his thing. my god is junior vasquez. tony draper plays a little too crazy for my taste ... if i wasnt his friend i would not listen to his music/noise but u cant take the credit away when it's due he is off the hook and great dj ok guy?

however lets not turn this post into draper war i just wanted to know if some people felt the same way about the overrated european dj's that we all hear in nyc now:cool:

I completely hear you that alot of european dj's are overrated, but you have to realize that they got that way because of their talent. Maybe their tastes do not cater to your own, but alot of the main/popular dj's that you are hating on (ie PVD,. pete tong, tiesto) made a mark for this music years ago. they set the standard to what people are producing/making now. I think trance has seen its day but i also think that the sounds of trance have been the gateway to alot more other genres of music. these guys opened doors for many to get started. now they may seem outdated and cheesy to some people, but they started back in the day when everything was underground and new.

Of course its great to hear new sounds today, and hear local talent, thats definitely what its all about in the scene, but I don't think you can hate on people that have been icons in the industry. they got that way for a reason, u know? just my .02 ;)

as star and bucwild used to say "Applaude that man"...i agree with u totally bro

not only does the original message reflect an ignorant attitude toward music but its the stereotype that americans (new yorkers specifically) fall into- living in a bubble and not being worldly or cultured...now im not saying that i am but im way more open minded than some juicebag that goes to soundfactory every week and screams out "JON-A-THAN" while pumping his fist...thats the typical moron im talking about...lets face it well give credit where its due...international names have had it easier than american DJ's cause the platform was there...but in this world u have to make things happen...i have to go eat now but im sure someone will pick up where i left off

That was pure poetry. :updown:

maybe but fuck it

get a grip just becasue u dont like euro djs a/ doesnt mean they suck b/ doesnt mean pther people cant like then and c/ no one cares what u think anyway, to everyone their own:rolleyes:

Thank god someone applies a little logic to the issue. this really is one argument i cant stand

:aright:

I tend to see more threads based on the ny scene being dead then on people complaining on everyone warshipping dj's from europe or around the world. I agree that we shouldn't have closed minds about the international talent but we shouldn't hate on our own talent. Alot of people insist on complaining about foreign tourists in the nyc club scene. I see it frequently. I think that just having a balanced approach to everything will always help the ny nightlife grow and flourish with a splash of international spicing up at times.

Peace

im tired of it. am i the only one? okenboring

is oakenfold even anything worth listening too??? i feel his career has turn to shit and has been a downward spiral ever since chocolate starfish or whatever the name of that movie was that he did the soundtrack for... more importantly draper??? lmao, riiiiiight... on a side note you know how americans love european ish like clothes, cars colognes etc... and europeans love american ish, like levis, and cadillacs and ish... do you think they like are 3rd rate dj's??? like draper, lol the riddler, skribble etc... lol i hope not...

maybe but fuck it

so should we worship you? BLAH :laugh:

maybe but fuck it

note to self: bill patrick and the gang are now called the 212 crew :laugh: