Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aussie raver in NY - what clubs should I visit?

Hey I'm an Australian raver in NY! At the moment I'm working at a summer camp but I can't wait to get out and back into NYC and visit the rave/club scene!

I just wanted to ask anyone for recommendations

here's a bit about me

I'm 19, I guess some people would call me a candy kid, but it really depends where I'm going. I'm into trance and hardhouse, some dnb as well... I usually have really big nights... anywhere from 8-12 hours... but I'm sure most of you do as well

what's the deal with the 21+ thing here? I heard some clubs lets 18+ in though?

and I'm looking to go to clubs around the inner city area because I'll have to catch the subway and stuff and I don't want to get *too* lost... :P

any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciate, I can't WAIT to see what you guys have to offer! :cool:

oh btw I already have one gig lined up...

which would be.... August 28th - Paul Van Dyk @ Central Park

can't f**king wait!

i wouldnt exactly call the PVD show in central park a "rave"...

really the rave scene isnt very big anymore in the city, its more clubbing oriented.

and yeah, unfortionatly alot of the clubs in nyc are 21+... the better 18+ clubs are typically Arc on a friday night and Sound Factory on a sat night (after hours)...

check out http://www.raveclick.com/Events.html for some more parties

Originally posted by luztirada

go chase a kangaroo you idiot

Ok. First of all it's more than obvious to me and most other people here that you're an uneducated fuckwit who needs to spend a little more time in the classroom than passing out insults over the internet.

Secondly, to the person who said "I wouldn't exactly call the PVD thing a "rave"'... where did I call it a rave? I know it's not a rave.

To the aussie who posted I'm going to send you an e-mail, and to everyone else (excluding the dickheads) thanks for your help.

dont let the tools bother you...

anyways thursday at shelter is a party..

JULY 24th from 9-6

18+ to get down - 21+ to get down + dirty

VENUE: Club Shelter/Speed - clubshelter.com

20 w39th st between 5th & 6th Ave NY NY

by FILTHY RICH - filthyrichrec.com

212-560-2498

Who is spinning at this shelter party? If it's a decent lineup i'll have to check it out.. i haven't been to a decent party since tunnel probably.. I hate payin 30 bucks to see two big dj's and like 20 local dj's id rather there just be like 10 solid dj's istead of a hundred up and coming dj's..

i hope micro is spinning i havent seen that guy in years.. he's the shit

yeah actully he is...

The X-ecutioners Rob Swift featuring Kenny Mahammed

Micro

Frankie Bones

Heather Heart

Pleasurehead

DJ Pauly

Richie Neale

Odi

Datcyde

Human

Kech

Digital Logic

Overfiend

Kemikalz

Knowledge

Ufo Sysyems

Chris Love

Dank

Prophet

Exodus

Johnny Fame

Craig Harris

Assasin

Soma vs NRGizer

Luke Aarron

Tom Sawyer

Canada

Next month looks like there having Q-Bert

and yes its only 20 bucks in advance

Originally posted by techstagirl

any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciate, I can't WAIT to see what you guys have to offer! :cool:

Hi Candy kid .. i would recommend Roxy, Exit or Sound Factory .. they are the closest to raves .. well not exactly raves, but at least you will get good transe ...

and even though i don't like webster hall anymore (long story .. but basically they stink now) .. but Thursday night is their best night with Mike Rizzo (ktu radio station DJ and a personal friend of mine) where girls get in free ..

have fun .. and get on the floor with your moves

the MASK

:cool:

although those clubs come recommended i wouldn't recommend them for candyravers.. I dunno i dont think wearing that kind of stuff will go over well at any of those places.. you can probably still get away with ufo's at exit but i think that might be pushing it

Originally posted by dragon0401

Hi Candy kid .. i would recommend Roxy, Exit or Sound Factory .. they are the closest to raves .. well not exactly raves, but at least you will get good transe ...

and even though i don't like webster hall anymore (long story .. but basically they stink now) .. but Thursday night is their best night with Mike Rizzo (ktu radio station DJ and a personal friend of mine) where girls get in free ..

have fun .. and get on the floor with your moves

the MASK

:cool:

Quick note: Exit sucks, and the main floor is hip hop these days

2nd Quick note: Roxy is gay mens club on typical sat. nights, so you may want to stay away. When Sexy at the Roxy returns aug 22nd, then you'll want to check it out.

Final Quick Note: Stay away from anything advertised with "KTU"

Originally posted by techstagirl

Secondly, to the person who said "I wouldn't exactly call the PVD thing a "rave"'... where did I call it a rave? I know it's not a rave..

Well you called yourself a candy kid, so i made the connection.

and as someone already said, i wouldn't suggest showing up to any of the ny clubs dressed as a "candy kid"

just trying to help

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

Quick note: Exit sucks, and the main floor is hip hop these days

2nd Quick note: Roxy is gay mens club on typical sat. nights, so you may want to stay away. When Sexy at the Roxy returns aug 22nd, then you'll want to check it out.

Final Quick Note: Stay away from anything advertised with "KTU"

ok .. so this is news to me . i was saying what i used to know .. but i have not been to roxy and exit for a while ..

no wait .. as for KTU .. Mike Rizzo is really good .. not coz he is my friend .. for real .. listen .. i am a serious dancer . and only the best music makes me dance . and mike's music kick ass .. go check it out and u tell me if i am wrong ..

the MASK

Originally posted by oldtimer

although those clubs come recommended i wouldn't recommend them for candyravers.. I dunno i dont think wearing that kind of stuff will go over well at any of those places.. you can probably still get away with ufo's at exit but i think that might be pushing it

dude .. wat stuff u talking about? .. u mean wearing a mask?

the MASK

Originally posted by dragon0401

ok .. so this is news to me . i was saying what i used to know .. but i have not been to roxy and exit for a while ..

no wait .. as for KTU .. Mike Rizzo is really good .. not coz he is my friend .. for real .. listen .. i am a serious dancer . and only the best music makes me dance . and mike's music kick ass .. go check it out and u tell me if i am wrong ..

the MASK

:blown:

anyways... if your a cracked out raver check out Amazura... hehe... just wear a kevlar vest whilst walking through that area...

also check out Arc 8/30 is Lee Burridge from Tyrant...

Originally posted by arcloverdc

:blown:

anyways... if your a cracked out raver check out Amazura... hehe... just wear a kevlar vest whilst walking through that area...

also check out Arc 8/30 is Lee Burridge from Tyrant...

well ACTULLY in amazura they do have metal dectectors

that arent plugged in.