Clubplanet Nightlife Community

High-protein foods?

Originally posted by rackham

Very important question:

What do you do for high-protein foods throughout the day?

One food I'd recommend is cottage cheese, because it's easy to transport and very high in protein!

Too much sodium.................and low sodium tastes like shit

low fat peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread... i usually make myself one of these and take it with me when im on the run... or i have it for lunch when im home... also Boca spicy chicken patties are awesome... its soy protein but its really good :) and cottage cheese... or my mom buys lean hamburger meat sometimes and keeps it in the house so i can whip up a hamburger when im home and able to bbq

dannon lite n fit yogurt is i think non fat and only 90 calories... with like 500 mg of potassium and 7 grams of protein in one thingie... thats really good :)

theres a lot u can eat thats high protein when ur around the house

Originally posted by ou812

Too much sodium.................and low sodium tastes like shit

Okay, so what DO you eat?

linabina: Unfortunately, I spend most of the day at work, so a lot of around-the-house type foods are a bit harder to manage. :( Some of the things you mentioned are definitely manageable, though! :aright:

Okay, so what DO you eat?

linabina: Unfortunately, I spend most of the day at work, so a lot of around-the-house type foods are a bit harder to manage. :( Some of the things you mentioned are definitely manageable, though! :aright:

I keep a 6 lb jug full of this at work at my desk. Low carb, high protein, low fat...........good stuff

02046.jpg

Product Profile:

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 110

Calories from Fat 10

Total Fat 1.5 g 2%*

Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%*

Cholesterol 10 mg 4%*

Total Carbohydrate 3 g 1%*

Sugars 1 g

Protein 23 g 46%*

Calcium 150 mg 15%*

Sodium 40 mg 2%*

Potassium 220 mg 6%*

Enzyme Blend 10 mg

Aminogen®

Lactase (standardized to 100,000 FCC units/g)

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

% Daily Value not established.

Ingredients:Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Cocoa, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium.

Aminogen® is a registered trademark of Triarco Industries, Inc.

I get 10 lbs for $45.

Guest jroo

ive been wondering about cottage cheese forever now. i eat it because i think its healthy, but when i look at it i dont see anything healthy. i like it though. another great food is a can of tunafish. 28g's of protien right there.

the lowfat cottage cheese is better... sodium is kind of high... but theres not a lot of sugar... and little fat/calories... its the protein that makes it worth it

if, on the atkins diet, u can eat bacon, cheeseburgers, and all that shit, and still lose weight, how bad can cottage cheese be??

Originally posted by linabina

if, on the atkins diet, u can eat bacon, cheeseburgers, and all that shit, and still lose weight, how bad can cottage cheese be??

Losing weight isn't the same as eating healthy. You can lose weight while eating junk food, but you're still eating junk food.

I never realized cottage cheese had so much sodium, but I'm not really worried about it as long as my doc continues to say I'm healthy... :aright:

How many protein shakes do you have a day? You'd need to have quite a few to reach 1g per pound of bodyweight, wouldn't you? Or do you eat other high-protein foods, too?

46 grams per shake. I try to take in 240-270 or so grams of protein a day between shakes, chicken, turkey, lean red meat sometimes. It's not that hard.

Losing weight isn't the same as eating healthy. You can lose weight while eating junk food, but you're still eating junk food.

I never realized cottage cheese had so much sodium, but I'm not really worried about it as long as my doc continues to say I'm healthy... :aright:

right but u know what i meant lol

I try and eat a high protein, low carb, low fat diet too. As mentioned above eat chicken, turkey, lean red meat, egg whites, tuna fish, cottage cheese, etc... As for carbs i try and stick to wheat toast, brown rice, vegetables, salads blah blah blah. As for things to take on the go i try and eat/ drink as many protein shakes and bars as i can sqeeze in but the only thing is that they are usually very high in calories. And when i cant do that ill just make chicken and bring it in tupperware with me...

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any suggestions for quick 'n easy foods, that are easy to carry around during the day?

Your best bet is investing in some tupperware and bringing some food from home. I have Peanut Butter on Celary sticks, Tuna (light mayo and very little of it (touch of vinegar), Turkey and low fat Provolone (rolled up) I buy lean beef or ground turkey and make burgers home ,and heat them up at work ( no break and sometimes low fat cheese on top).

There is a ton of things you can bring

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

5 eggwhites with grilled chicken in a wrap very yummy breakfast this new place opened up near me called Get Juice and they specialize in healthy products and they have all protein packed foods the one I mentioned above is just one of the many items

matt

hahah Get Juice..... nice

Tuna fish is the best. 15 gms per serving. The whole can is around 40g protein. It's also got omega 3 fatty acids which should be essential to your diet.

Canned salmon is also good.

Chicken breast is excellent also.

Lean beef, Turkey, Cottage cheese, yogurt, skim milk, peanut butter (not the lowfat kind), cheese, eggs, egg whites,

In the morning, I like to get alot of protein by having oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder on it and a glass of milk.

Originally posted by ou812

I keep a 6 lb jug full of this at work at my desk. Low carb, high protein, low fat...........good stuff

02046.jpg

Product Profile:

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 110

Calories from Fat 10

Total Fat 1.5 g 2%*

Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%*

Cholesterol 10 mg 4%*

Total Carbohydrate 3 g 1%*

Sugars 1 g

Protein 23 g 46%*

Calcium 150 mg 15%*

Sodium 40 mg 2%*

Potassium 220 mg 6%*

Enzyme Blend 10 mg

Aminogen®

Lactase (standardized to 100,000 FCC units/g)

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

% Daily Value not established.

Ingredients:Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Cocoa, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium.

Aminogen® is a registered trademark of Triarco Industries, Inc.

I get 10 lbs for $45.

wow. this sounds great. i can't really see the pic u posted. who makes this product and where can I get some?? and at what cost for the 10lb jug like u said??