Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how often do you change your workout, and how?

my workout partner and i switch up our routine every 1 1/2- 2 months. we have some core exercises (ie. squats/pullups) that we don't remove from our workout, but we change up the number of reps and type of exercises for each body part. recently we've been doing two sets (and warmup sets for some exercises) of each exercise because three of each keeps us at the gym longer than we'd like. when we change our routine in a few weeks, we'll probably still stick to two sets.

how about the rest of you?

Originally posted by skince55

my problem is that my gym is not exactly a state of the art facility, so I'm limited on variety of exercies. If anyone has any creative movements i'd love to hear them.

You can also vary sets, reps, tempo, exercise order, frequency, etc. etc... :)

my problem is that my gym is not exactly a state of the art facility, so I'm limited on variety of exercies. If anyone has any creative movements i'd love to hear them.

what DOES it have?

i hope it has:

-a cage

-benches that can incline

-free weights

cause you can do a lot with that.

Originally posted by wideskies

what DOES it have?

i hope it has:

-a cage

-benches that can incline

-free weights

cause you can do a lot with that.

yea it has all of that....That's pretty much all my workouts consist of. It just seems as if I'm running out of ideas

Every second time I hit a muscle group I will change up the exercises a little but...

Example if I am doing bicepts. I will do Alt arm seated dumbell curls. The second time I train bicepts I will do standing barbell curls...

As far as a complete change I will do it once every 1 or 2 months depending on progress... If I see that I am slowing down as far as gains. Or getting bored then I will change it up once a month. If I feel that what I am doing at the time is working well and I am seeing significant gains than I won't change up until the 2nd month.

I doubt you are anywhere close to needing creative movements. Stick to the basics. Which is all anyone needs until the get to a national level.

Nautica

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by elementx

Every second time I hit a muscle group I will change up the exercises a little but...

Example if I am doing bicepts. I will do Alt arm seated dumbell curls. The second time I train bicepts I will do standing barbell curls...

As far as a complete change I will do it once every 1 or 2 months depending on progress... If I see that I am slowing down as far as gains. Or getting bored then I will change it up once a month. If I feel that what I am doing at the time is working well and I am seeing significant gains than I won't change up until the 2nd month.

what do u mean by change? 1 month ill go for more weight and less reps next month more reps good amount of weight and so on every workout though i change up my exercises to shock the muscles...feedback appreciated

matt

I like doing supersets during my workouts. (one excercise right after another). Like when I'm doing chest, i'll do a set of bench presses with the barbell or dumbells, then move right into flies without any rest.

I change around what excercises I do during my supersets to keep things interesting. I'll also do incline bench press then go straight into a set of push ups. I find this is the best way not to get bored with my workouts because they are always changing. I also get the best results working out like this because I do alot more. It saves time so I could hit more than one muscle group a day or do cardio or whatever.

If you want ideas, PM me and I'll give a few suggestions.