Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GRAND OPEN Cream Saturdays (Draper & Spinbad), Sat 8/16

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if nyc lets it this happen this could be of nyc nex big parties...we have the people behind it to back it..we are working hard..we making sure the word is spread we have people handing out the flyers,...doing the actual labor needed to make a party happen.. we are tryin to make sure everyone is capable of gettin in contact wit a promoter if they have questions and we are booking a good line up for the opening...2nd week and 3rd week .....

heopefully people will be impressed by the room and its location..and nyc club scene will slowly revive...it only will happen if we let it happen...

Not to hate but almost every response to this post is from a promoter of the party lol. Also, the girl asked how much is the cover and none of you promoters that responded after her answered because the cover is so high it's crazy.

The location of this party is not good. It's on 72nd Street!

Having an 18+ Saturday is a good idea, this is just the wrong way to do it sorry.

Oh and Tony Draper is disgusting.

Spinbad is a very good DJ though but he won't spin more than an hour.

I see this party failing and fast. I hope you guys didn't invest too much into it. Good luck though.

Originally posted by nycclubber1

Oh sexybeautiful I was right about the cover price. I just heard from one of the promoters that it's $30. What 18 year old will pay that every week especially all the way up on 72nd.

count me OUT...30 dollars??? that is ridiculous it sucks tho seemed like it could be a hot party...i was really lookin forward to a new 18+ in nyc...to all the promoters...wtf is up with the high cover?? ever heard of ladies free?!!!! :idea:

I have some experience in the night club industry, and never in my life have I seen an 18+ nightclub work when there are no specials, such as reduced or free admission...(with the exception of SF, that is a megaclub) anywayssss...i have to agree with nycclubber, this party is not going to work with such a high cover, esp being its so far away...

:lame:

hmm 30 for a club is a very reasonable price for the city..i have paid 50 for clubs in the city on a given night...n to make a price that high is b/c u need to have a price that is not to high yet not too low..u want a classy crowd in ur club not some dirt bag who found $5 on the street wearing gay ass ufo's (which i did wear back when) to a club that is going to be of a higher class and will be trendy....also to make a price of 30 is b/c you need to make your investment back into the club..and everyone who has ever promoted knows..$30 is very reasonable..n also how u gonna pay promoters who work there asses off to bring the people a fliar...or a word of mouth about a club...without that no one knows that there is even a club...and distance c;mon now 59th street bridge..free to use..12 blocks down n about 6 blocks or so over..now that soo far for u huh....thats more convienant then a fucking tunnel anyday and it is free for those who hate waiting to pay tolls ...so there is my point if you have to bash a club ..try running a successful one first ok...goodbye

first of all 30 dollars is notreasonable...maybe if the promoters knew how to run a party they wouldnt have so many that way they could make their money back...mostclubs ive gone to have been about 15 the only club that can get away with such a high coveris SF and Exit and even SF is offering free admission for ladies!! and they have tons of promoters too andddd I have been a part of successful clubs and they do not charge 30 bucks...and when people heard 20 bucks they were hesistant to walk away...anyways to allt he promoters good luck! but i think you should rethink your mktg strategy just my opinion....i doubt girls are gonna pay that much and esp guys...you dont have any type of advertisement to draw pplto the club no drink specials no door specials etc...

and as for dennis da menace...lmao

YEA AND IN DEFENSE FOR DENNIS..YOU SHOULD HERE HIM SPIN B4 U SAY ANYTHING...B/C HE'S BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME...AND HAS DJ AT MANY PLACES...SOME OF THE SONGS HE HAS MADE HAS BEEN PLAYED MY JP AT FACTORY...AND MADA FROM MIRAGE,DISCOTHQUE ETC,ETC,...DENNIS!!