Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GRAND OPEN Cream Saturdays (Draper & Spinbad), Sat 8/16

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u cant bash a party w/o going to it....so either get $20-25 ..n if u cant..get a job like a lot of other people have..... also...who said there were no drink specials...opening nights usually dont have em...that night is usually so everyone can se what the club is all about...i mean if you went and think it sux after that go ahead n bash it..but if your just too cheap to pay the damn cover..then go elsewhere..its as simple as that..no need to cause baby drama for nothing..:rolleyes:

first of alllllllll I have the 25 dollars to spend, but im not goin to spend it on a poorly advertised club, which I believe has no pull people need a reason to spend that kind of money...and second of alllll ive never heard such a thing about no drink specials on the first night.....you need more than just "party on saturday at cream" ok great why is your party better than any other party?!! Thats wats ADVERTISING is about...you need something to draw attention to your party, and you have ummmm lets seee NOTHING...you didnt even give your party a name...anyway im not going to sit here and bash your wonderfully succesful party...if your party does well I will be surprised...but good luck anyhow, and I just thought you should know that your strategy needs improvement...

Originally posted by *********

WELL LIKE I SAID B4 ITS $25 AT THE DOOR $20 REDUCED...SO ITS REALLY NOT THAT BAD...WHO EVER STATED $30 WAS JUS TRYIN TO KILL THE HYPE OF THE PARTY..

$25 to hear draper :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i paid $15 to hear carl cox, layo & bushwacka, ashely cassel and countless others at centro....

Originally posted by sexybeautiful

price is still :lame: in my opinion sorry

and as for dennis...ive heard him spin otherwise i wouldnt be saying anything...hes nothing special and in my opinion he kinda sucks but oh well...YOURE the expert not me right?!

:laugh:

I have to say im not a draper fan... there is a party i like to frequent that takes place fridays but im not here to step on this guys post and say what it is out of respect even though this is a sat event. But to complain about 25@ the door and $20 guestlist is absolutly fuckin ridiculous for a party in the 70"s which is the safest neighborhood in manhattan. Do you think space is cheaper to rent in the 70"s or downtown??? yet many midtown and downtown clubs charge 20 and over. How easy do you think it is to open a club in a very wealthy upscale area??? the bullshit with community boards etc. Do you realize our great mayor raised property taxes by fuckin 18% this year???and to compliment that fuck up he bans smoking in clubs and bars!!! And remeber Bartenders,barbacks,bouncers,mgt,promoters,light guys,and the dj are not charity cases they need to make a living so if you cant afford $20 get a better job Iam not a promoter Iam not a draper fan

Originally posted by jamezny1

I have to say im not a draper fan... there is a party i like to frequent that takes place fridays but im not here to step on this guys post and say what it is out of respect even though this is a sat event. But to complain about 25@ the door and $20 guestlist is absolutly fuckin ridiculous for a party in the 70"s which is the safest neighborhood in manhattan. Do you think space is cheaper to rent in the 70"s or downtown??? yet many midtown and downtown clubs charge 20 and over. How easy do you think it is to open a club in a very wealthy upscale area??? the bullshit with community boards etc. Do you realize our great mayor raised property taxes by fuckin 18% this year???and to compliment that fuck up he bans smoking in clubs and bars!!! And remeber Bartenders,barbacks,bouncers,mgt,promoters,light guys,and the dj are not charity cases they need to make a living so if you cant afford $20 get a better job Iam not a promoter Iam not a draper fan

first of all it has nothign to do with a job thank u very much! quit bitching about hte money put into the party, its not my fault the promoters cant advertise properly or finance their budget properly, they have too many promoters NO ONE is going to making money...and second of alll promoters dont pay all those ppl you mentioned: Bartenders,barbacks,bouncers,mgt,promoters,light guys,and the dj most of the time they pay the DJ, and maybe they will tip the bouncers and the bartenders AT THE MOST...and if they are paying for everything else then they are SUCKERS! and dont know how to market themselves or their promotional abilities, because I have worked for one of the most succesful promotion teams in NYC and they have never had to pay all those expenses, nor did they need to charge 25 dollars to make money!! And if you want to get technical about the money issue, the promoters are attracting MOSTLY a college scene, most college kids dont have 25 dollars to get in and then more money to spend at the bar andddddd if you want to brag about the party being in an upscale area, that doesnt attract college kids so youve got it all wrong...but anyways just speaking from experience...and one more thing...the 70s is not the safest area in manhattan not sure where you got that from, but statistics show that the financial district aka downtown manhattan has the lowest crime rate...AND once again ive never been to a club that has charged a LADY 20 dollars and over, and I wouldnt go to a club that did so...GREEDY! dont hand me that bs about expenses cause i dont want to hear it!!!!! nor do i want to hear you tell me about getting a job to afford it...so thank you and have a nice day!!!

once again GOOD LUCK...

they will need it!!!!

:what: nope, i can promise u im not a promoter...im just an intelligent, educated girl, who knows her sh*t...i was a guestlist girl and i know alot about the industry thats all...dont get mad that i know more than most of the promoters out there and could prob do their job with my eyes closed and my hands behind my back...sorry! :isok: but thanks for recognizing my intelligence!

Originally posted by sexybeautiful

first of all it has nothign to do with a job thank u very much! quit bitching about hte money put into the party, its not my fault the promoters cant advertise properly or finance their budget properly, they have too many promoters NO ONE is going to making money...and second of alll promoters dont pay all those ppl you mentioned: Bartenders,barbacks,bouncers,mgt,promoters,light guys,and the dj most of the time they pay the DJ, and maybe they will tip the bouncers and the bartenders AT THE MOST...and if they are paying for everything else then they are SUCKERS! and dont know how to market themselves or their promotional abilities, because I have worked for one of the most succesful promotion teams in NYC and they have never had to pay all those expenses, nor did they need to charge 25 dollars to make money!! And if you want to get technical about the money issue, the promoters are attracting MOSTLY a college scene, most college kids dont have 25 dollars to get in and then more money to spend at the bar andddddd if you want to brag about the party being in an upscale area, that doesnt attract college kids so youve got it all wrong...but anyways just speaking from experience...and one more thing...the 70s is not the safest area in manhattan not sure where you got that from, but statistics show that the financial district aka downtown manhattan has the lowest crime rate...AND once again ive never been to a club that has charged a LADY 20 dollars and over, and I wouldnt go to a club that did so...GREEDY! dont hand me that bs about expenses cause i dont want to hear it!!!!! nor do i want to hear you tell me about getting a job to afford it...so thank you and have a nice day!!!

once again GOOD LUCK...

they will need it!!!!

$20 is far from greedy!!!! it cost over $20 to get into tunnel and palladium and thats 10 years ago !!!lol oh here are some clubs that charge the ladies $20 and over SF, Exit,Roxy,Centro-fly,Arc, float,mirage,tempts,hom,cpi, etc etc etc

hmm ive heard of people being cheap..but if someone is too cheap to pay $20 for a club they prob. must live at payless...n be the cheapest person alive.... those are the grimey girls at the club who might look good..but have no money and want a guy to buy them a drink by them saying..hey im so n so can u get me a drink..those girls deserve to make their own money...b/c life aint free..fun aint even free ne more if u wanna go out,, cheap ass homos like this one deserve to go somewhere besides a club..maybe they should go home n try to make their own club in their house..n charge $5 just to walk in..n make drink specials there..fucking homo's...:blown::idea::rolleyes:

not bashing the party at all, I wish them the best of luck.

but when I threw parties at Cream a little over 2 years ago, we charged $15 to get in and had open bar from 10pm-midnite.

This was also immediately after they had done a full renovation of the club. So in essence it was brand new.

Plus I wouldnt exactly call Cream a club, it is more of a large lounge. 2 main rooms, one hip hop and one house. each being about the same size as the white room at Exit. with 2 small vip rooms off each one that holds about 30-40 people each.

Just letting people know what the place is like...

on the other hand. The decor is gorgeous, the staff is great...very friendly and not assholes. And they pour a strong drink...

best of luck with the new party

ur all promoters and yet u have no clue what youre talking about...youre the ones who blew this out of proportion and now youre mad cause some girl from nyc knows more about the industry than you! Its not about the 20 dollars, its about how your promotional skills suck! People pay 20 dollars to go to well known clubs, either upscale or mega clubs like exit or SF...they dont pay 20 dollars to go to some poorly advertised event like this one...havent u noticed theres no hype for your party?! except for the stones you all keep throwing back and forth?...Just tryin to help you out and let you know you need to fix a few things...I was def pumped to go to a new 18+ party in the city but now with your attitudes...I think Ill pass...all uve done is bitch about your expenses, meanwhile ive seen clubs be succesful without charging so much...and with better promotions...all im saying is from a girl who goes clubbings perspective, in the 18-21 age bracket, is that I think you need to do a lil more to make your party seem worth it thats all i was tryin to say!! Now think all you want about me, cause the truth is you dont know me and youve got it all wrong...once again Good luck!!! and im done with this thread, cause im not goin to continue to sit here and throw stones back and forth...

the party is 18 to party 21 to drink the but alot of the people are going be 21and over because of room being so nice and because alot of the promoters are 21 sorry for the misunderstanding if you have any questions feel free to ask:) :spin2: :spin2: :spin2: :spin2: