Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the SeCreT of a Webster Hall ?

does anyone has any clue why Webster Hall never had any problems with authorities? or ,at least, I hever heard of any "shutting downs" by police , fire departments and then "reopening" --- with "reopening" parties (twice as much people).....Tunnel, Limelight, SF, EXIT2...

if you open any "Guide to NYC"--section NUGHTLIFE---you will read that WEBSTER HALL is #1 , super-club, with music "on the 4 floors" and "the best looking crowd" in NYC.. well, something like that..:)) he he he remember... if you're going away to have fun like me and my girlfriend traveling to Europe few times a year, DO NOT READ tourist guides...OR you'll get in to local WEBSTER HALL.....and will never know a local flavor...

say , me and her went to MAYDAY party this May in Dortmund (Germany) ....after that I think Germans can kick anybody in a ass the way they can party....if you want to get on another planet-- where people input so much into organizing this party , that once you get inside , forget it , for 12 non stop hours you can listen to German techno, smoke joint and hook up with german guys...

so ...where was I? yeah, if anybody has any clues about Webster Hall.....post it .....

i go to webster when i'm with friends that each have something different they want to dance to that night, so it is accomodating for that. i only dance to house, trance or techno, so there is something always there for me. i think it survives because it attracts so many tourists and a diverse listening group. but i'll take arc, shelter, sound factory, or some others any night over webster. bring back twilo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hoparound

and i agree on travel guides for europe. we made the right choices by talking to people in london, but in paris, we went by the guides, ended up in some freaky ass places. next time i will hit the message boards if i am traveling and clubbing abroad.

Originally posted by nafania

if you open any "Guide to NYC"--section NUGHTLIFE---you will read that WEBSTER HALL is #1 , super-club, with music "on the 4 floors" and "the best looking crowd" in NYC.. well, something like that..:)) he he he

could it be possible that Webster Hall paid the guides to print that?

does anyone has any clue why Webster Hall never had any problems with authorities? or ,at least, I hever heard of any "shutting downs" by police , fire departments and then "reopening" --- with "reopening" parties (twice as much people).....Tunnel, Limelight, SF, EXIT2...

I remember someone posting this same thing about factory & exit last spring... about how they paid off the cops so they'd never get into trouble... the whole time there were undercovers building a case for like 2 years... then they both got shut down...

give it time, I'm sure it'll be shut down sooner or later...

But the z100 auction thing is for charity. ALso it is a guranteed good time with all sorts of music and crowd. Not all of them are TOURIST as some ignorant peope claim. Andthen lets say after a while people star noticing the music is great and gets better eachtime their gonna wanna know if its the same dj or not all the time.Then when they find out it is theywill keep coming back. Imean personally i like the venue itself, not HUGE,HUGE, and not small either. But the only reason im there on sat is because of the music DJ RICK CORBO plays. If not then i would be someplace else i dont know where cause i actually dont like nything else on sat nights besides SHELTER but i cant go there cause i work on sun. But if im off on weekends then its all about DANNY TENAGLIA@ ARC on fris, and RICK CORBO@ WEBSTERHALL on sats. FOR ME AT LEAST. And if i still have enough enerrgy left TIMMY REGISFORD@ SHELTER.

if you open any "Guide to NYC"--section NUGHTLIFE---you will read that WEBSTER HALL is #1 , super-club, with music "on the 4 floors" and "the best looking crowd" in NYC.. well, something like that..:)) he he he remember... if you're going away to have fun like me and my girlfriend traveling to Europe few times a year, DO NOT READ tourist guides...OR you'll get in to local WEBSTER HALL.....and will never know a local flavor...

say , me and her went to MAYDAY party this May in Dortmund (Germany) ....after that I think Germans can kick anybody in a ass the way they can party....if you want to get on another planet-- where people input so much into organizing this party , that once you get inside , forget it , for 12 non stop hours you can listen to German techno, smoke joint and hook up with german guys...

so ...where was I? yeah, if anybody has any clues about Webster Hall.....post it .....

You can't compare Webster Hall to Mayday, Mayday is a European Massive with an insane amount of kickass Dj's... Webster Hall has... Ricky Corbo.. :laugh:

NYC has a very different scene but it has some good parties. Arc Saturday's where the best of the best come to play. Tronic Parties, Centro Thursdays... some Filter events... DT on Fridays for the juice... :laugh: ... and some other spots for the "NY" crowd... Germany and Europe in general has an insane scene with a bunch of massives all year round, and a huge following...

You also have to realize that Guides to clubbing in ANY city in the US will not give good spots because the good spots... are good for a reason... lol... thats why they aren't in those magazines... :rolleyes:

yeah well RICK doesnt only play TECHNO. And im not even gonna get into this debate. People go to websterhall cause they hear or read and know how much fun it is. Then theres the few who actually go everyweek for the music. I perosonally know about 60 people or so that go everyweek for the music. Aint notothing wrong with RICK check him out yourself one of these nights. Matter of fact: come find me say hello lets see how much of a great person you are. Share the floor with me and my friends and then tell me at the end of the night ifyou had fun or not. If you didnt then to bad im sorry he doesnt play trance or to much techno. But if you had fun then thats another story. Letme know when youwanna come thru.

Originally posted by silverbull

yeah well RICK doesnt only play TECHNO. And im not even gonna get into this debate. People go to websterhall cause they hear or read and know how much fun it is. Then theres the few who actually go everyweek for the music. I perosonally know about 60 people or so that go everyweek for the music. Aint notothing wrong with RICK check him out yourself one of these nights. Matter of fact: come find me say hello lets see how much of a great person you are. Share the floor with me and my friends and then tell me at the end of the night ifyou had fun or not. If you didnt then to bad im sorry he doesnt play trance or to much techno. But if you had fun then thats another story. Letme know when youwanna come thru.

mmmm you make me curious....

Webster Hall doesn't have problems because they are community friendly and as mainstream as mainstream can be...Same thing goes for Culter Club...

and also: the cops arent stupid...think about it: they know WH attracts more tourists than anything...they know that the clubbers who are most likely to use drugs on a regular basis are usually the young stupid teenagers that hit up clubs with track records...and where are they at?? you guessed it: at SF and exit...6 Hubert St. is a target because of longetivity...

as previously stated: WH is as mainstream as mainstream gets...it's probably the most well known club in the world when including non-clubbers and regular, normal people...

webster hall the go for the tourist scene....thats what they want and thats what they get....ppl who normally dont go clubbin will go there when there in nyc....webster did some real good parties back in the day, i dj'd there once, they were called invasion parties usually held on sunday nights parties were pretty good

Originally posted by silverbull

look for a group of guys and girls challengin all people on the dancefloor, that would be me an my peeps. Hopefully we will have enough energy after tonites party@ ARC.

cool, i'll try and keep an eye out -- i'll be there mixing the b/cast for z100, so if you get bored come by and say hi, we usually set up on the right side of the stage if you are lookin at it from the dance floor.

bernie