Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Materialistic!!!

lollib

Originally posted by rackham

Just because somebody disagrees doesn't mean they're bitching, moaning, or whining. It just means they disagree.

Calling it "drama" is a cheap way to avoid answering difficult questions. :aright:

Disagreement is fine...shit happens

Badgering is another story and you're doing this to the poor. If she doesn't want to answer it to your "liking" - then A-C-C-E-P-T THAT!

Simple huh? :idea:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by spragga25

Disagreement is fine...shit happens

Badgering is another story and you're doing this to the poor. If she doesn't want to answer it to your "liking" - then A-C-C-E-P-T THAT!

Simple huh? :idea:

It's a simple idea, but it's wrong.

If she didn't want to answer the question at all, I'd A-C-C-E-P-T that. But that's not what she's doing. She's backpedaling, accusing me of reading between the lines when her statements are there in plain writing for anybody to see. It's not "badgering" if I ask her to keep her story straight.

Got it, Mr. Night in Shining Armor? ;)

Originally posted by rackham

It's a simple idea, but it's wrong.

If she didn't want to answer the question at all, I'd A-C-C-E-P-T that. But that's not what she's doing. She's backpedaling, accusing me of reading between the lines when her statements are there in plain writing for anybody to see. It's not "badgering" if I ask her to keep her story straight.

Got it, Mr. Night in Shining Armor? ;)

When you REPEATEDLY ask the same f'n thing...that's badgering kid.

Got it, Mr. I won't shut the hell up until SOMEONE says I'm right? ;)

Originally posted by wideskies

sheesh rackham, didn't you know that attractive girls on messageboard should be allowed to get away with saying anything without anyone criticizing them? get with the picture!

people who pursue arguments clearly "have no life" or are ugly.

Yeah that's it...exactly! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by wideskies

...and i still wonder why *some* women think the man should need to prove his financial stability by buying an expensive trinket, but women don't have to do the same thing. shouldn't both people be financially secure before they marry?

i actually agree w/ you, if i ever get engaged i will buy my papi a nice ring also ;)

Originally posted by lollib

Does the size of the ring really matter that much when a person gets engaged? One of my best friends just got engaged and my other friend has asked me 3 separate times how big the diamond is. I dont know why she keeps asking cause it wont affect her life one way or another. I dont know, it is just really getting to me that she keeps asking. How do I ask her nicely why the size matters so much to her???

My old rommie got engaged recently & I heard she flashes her shit around like it's no one's business :rolleyes:

To answer the ?.....Size of the ring doesn't matter...I mean...I do want something for tradition purposes I guess....But as far as worth/size I could care less....My future husband could propose w/ a 25 cent machine ring & I would be happy...But when it comes down to it...I'd rather have a ring that has been passed down generations...Makes the whole situation more special imo

Originally posted by phuturephunk

...I have family friends of my parents who couldn't afford to buy *any* ring at the very beginning and are still together 35 years later...I've also got friends in my age bracket who spent over 15G's on their engagement ring because they were making bank back in the boom days and now they have nothing but a divorce and a couple thousand dollars a month to pay in alimony...

...Its all relative...:aright:...

My Mom used to tell me that she's noticed that women with simple rings tend to stay married, while those with elaborate, expensive ones are more likely to end up divorced...

I honestly don't know if this is true- LOL- but I guess it's just one of those "Mommy-isms" that's stuck with me...

Originally posted by tastyt

My Mom used to tell me that she's noticed that women with simple rings tend to stay married, while those with elaborate, expensive ones are more likely to end up divorced...

I honestly don't know if this is true- LOL- but I guess it's just one of those "Mommy-isms" that's stuck with me...

Well, my mom didnt even get an engagement ring, they got married and were happy. Yes, I do want a ring when the time comes but honestly, it will come from him so no matter what, I will love it. And what your mom says may actually be true. Seems like a lot of people these days are about getting a ring but dont think about the actual marriage part.

Originally posted by elementx

I just love when a guys goes out of his way to impress her and thinks that it is all about size and he buys a nasty cut diamond just because it was bigger than the nicer cut... When it comes down to it. You may see the size from a distance... But the people who are going to look at it that are close enough to you are your friends and family. And they will notice all the flaws...

Quality, Not quantity... I would rather buy a 1ct. Diamond with a beautiful platinum setting and a clean cut. Than to buy a 3ct. Diamond with a so so setting and a shitty cut...

Just my .02

werd

i got a plain silver band with our names ('sassa' + 'sassa's man') etched inside. maybe i'm weird, but i don't like diamonds that much. don't see the big deal about a rock. if he bought me a library or a townhouse in europe, i would prefer that more :)

and i agree with 70% of what sexxyme is saying. she wants to be sure that the man she is marrying will be able to provide the life thast she is accustomed to having. it's nice to know you won't be living on welfare after you marry and have children. i think everyone is materialistic to some point, but being grossly so is not cool.

still, while a diamond ring is beautiful, a house, a trust fund, property, or a business says a lot more about how serious a man is about taking care of the woman than a ring, in my opinion.

Originally posted by sassa

and i agree with 70% of what sexxyme is saying. she wants to be sure that the man she is marrying will be able to provide the life thast she is accustomed to having. it's nice to know you won't be living on welfare after you marry and have children. i think everyone is materialistic to some point, but being grossly so is not cool.

still, while a diamond ring is beautiful, a house, a trust fund, property, or a business says a lot more about how serious a man is about taking care of the woman than a ring, in my opinion.

Exactly!!!