Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD, Summer Stage review...

I had an awesome time, overall Paul's set was good there were some weak points but hey give the man some credit :) the lazers were amazing!! I was a bit mad at myself tho cuz I love right before he dropped " for an angel " and just heard the crowd going nuts but its all good :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best night of the summer for me. He played a ton of hits (as expected), the lasers were cool looking, you could pretty much do whatever you wanted (seemed like no security anywhere), and everyone was there for a good time (I didnt even see any juice bags jerkoffs).

All in all a perfect night if you ask me, except for the 1 or 2 times I ran into people who refuse to wear deodorant. For the people who are complaining, please stfu. If you were unable to have a good time there last night, I highly doubt you are able to ever have a good time. Learn to enjoy yourselves more and stop worrying so much about being trend whores.

The Set was really good. Though the sound system was a major issue. Not enough speakers and not enough power. Why else would everyone be chanting "Turn it Up!"

Really dissapointed in the Venue for the sound system.

Yet the beam splitter was cool..

The light show saved the night.

We got lasers like that at the club where I spin.

Paul was great, but Got to say If you were looking to "feel" the music...just didn't happen.

Originally posted by djdeep

The Set was really good. Though the sound system was a major issue. Not enough speakers and not enough power. Why else would everyone be chanting "Turn it Up!"

Really dissapointed in the Venue for the sound system.

Weird, I dont remember once thinking it wasn't loud enough. I thought the sound system was great for being outside, in fact I had a conversation with someone while I was there about "how great it sounds for an outside event". I also never remember hearing anyone say "turn it up".

Also, does anyone else have the PVD energy 2003 set from djmixes? Its almost identical to what he played last night. Only difference was that weird ymca sounding song he played last night.

Originally posted by teklord310

Sounds awesome... i didn't make it.

I wasn't expecting the lasers, wish I got to see that. Oh well.

Yeah, at the beginning when it started getting dark I was actually saying how sweet it would be if they had lasers...

Originally posted by bionic

If you think that set was "fuckin sick" you have problems.

It was far from sick.

Boring, and monotanous with a few bombs here and there is far from what I call sick.

It was still a nice way to spend an evening and take advantage of the nice weather. The lasers were pretty phat.......

maybe it was sick for me not his whole set and all but if u got to go the things me and my boys got to do there u would know what the hell i was tlakin about

Well said Bozer. My only complaint (which most of you seem to agree with) was the volume. I dunno, maybe just years of club-going has killed my hearing, but i like my PvD much louder. But a great night anyway. And if you all can learn anything from these posts, its that everyone has their own opinion; speak your mind but don't hate on those who had a good time just cuz you didn't. Later.

Leo

Great Party and might I say a really nice diverse crowd!!!!

Im not a big trance fan but hey it's PVD!

I thought his set @ Arc last October was still the best, but he was really on last night.

The music could have been significantly louder even up by the stage it wasen't even that loud. I expected it to be screaching.

I have a bunch of pics Ill pose em in another thread!

I had a great time! :) but I didn't get there until about 8..it was still a good time though

The only thing that really really bothers me is people drug use ..

I don't care what people are doing or are on BUT I can not stand it when people have to do that right in front of me!!!!

smoke some weed..fine, but I can't stand watching people snorting or swallowing anything....why can't they just hide it!..makes me want to vomit! :(

Originally posted by jennifera

I had a great time! :) but I didn't get there until about 8..it was still a good time though

The only thing that really really bothers me is people drug use ..I've been clean now for 8 months & only come out for PVD..

I don't care what people are doing or are on BUT I can not stand it when people have to do that right in front of me!!!!

smoke some weed..fine, but I can't stand watching people snorting or swallowing anything....why can't they just hide it!..make me want to vomit! :(

Oh because your in recovery the rest of the world should go to the other end of the earth to do their shit. Ive never done a single drug in my life, but that dosen't bother me that people are getting themselves fucked up, their adults they can make their own decisions. My theory is, I don't care what you do as long as you don't ruin things fore everyone else and advertise to everyone how fucked up you are.

I was there and I really didn't think there was that much blatent drug use going on.

Originally posted by binarycool

Well said Bozer. My only complaint (which most of you seem to agree with) was the volume. I dunno, maybe just years of club-going has killed my hearing, but i like my PvD much louder. But a great night anyway. And if you all can learn anything from these posts, its that everyone has their own opinion; speak your mind but don't hate on those who had a good time just cuz you didn't. Later.

Leo

Let's see em! Im so pissed I forgot my camera

what a great way to party outdoors. This has made me wanna find more of the outdoor events. Music was fun and people were varied from young to old. Thank god I blew off work, made it worthwhile especially since the weekend is supposed to be shitty weather.:party: :party: :party:

i've been a trance fan for years, but for some reason last nite's show with PVD was the first club going experience for me... even though it wasn't a real club...(but close enough) anyhow, i thought it was simply amazing, i mean AMAZING! now i love that guy more than ever! the 4-hour set was off the hook... the people were beyond belief... especially wonder-girl, who kept walkin around the crowd, lookin all hott... and the short latino dude... he was soo freakin high he managed to lose his tongue-piercing somewhere in the crowd... but it was freakin great... i gotta see him at his record-release party in november... btw, if anybody has a track-list, or even a life recording, or if u know where i can get a hold of it, let me know...peace!

the first 2 hours was pretty good. Energetic and a lot of happy trance music. His last 2 hours pretty much sucked. I've never missed in a NYC PVD event in 4 years and out of all of the ones I've heard, I'd say that more than half in the past was better. So basically below average. He spend his 3rd hour trying to find a groove. It seemed like every track he played and mixed was wrong and there was no flow. I think he kinda sensed that the energy level was dwindling because he rushed a mix into As The Rush Comes knowing it would get a reaction.

I dunno, it was cool cuz it was outdoors and the weather was good, but that was far from the best PVD has to offer.

But I still had a good time. Although when he played "For An Angel" and a WHOLE BUNCH of 1999 trance, I pretty much felt like going home.

wow it was an awsome night!!

I was soo pissed that i had a broken shoulder and could not DANCE,. but thank you evertyone for not runnung into my nub with glow sticks and all.

I saw quiote a few CP'ers there.. some of wich i hadnt seen in a while ( partly casue i was living i south beach for the last year)

hopefuly they'll do another event like this since it went so well

but im still retired frim this hahaaa

LOL as always CP reviews are funny cause what one person hates another likes - which is part of what makes music so great in the first place.

I didn't go in, but instead hung out with several hundred people outside just south of the summerstage area under the trees picnicing. The sound was surprisingly loud and good there, though not like you were inside of course.

for me this event was all about chillin in the park at a once in a million event...its not everyday that we get electronica live in central park kids - just enjoy and be happy :)

and of course he played mainstream popular type stuff - what would you possibliy expect? it was going to be the most widely appealing tracks he could come up with.

very enjoyable evening :aright:

Originally posted by barvybe

LOL as always CP reviews are funny cause what one person hates another likes - which is part of what makes music so great in the first place.

I didn't go in, but instead hung out with several hundred people outside just south of the summerstage area under the trees picnicing. The sound was surprisingly loud and good there, though not like you were inside of course.

for me this event was all about chillin in the park at a once in a million event...its not everyday that we get electronica live in central park kids - just enjoy and be happy :)

and of course he played mainstream popular type stuff - what would you possibliy expect? it was going to be the most widely appealing tracks he could come up with.

very enjoyable evening :aright:

very well said

No Matt....I'm not saying that people shouldn't do it....I'm not anal like that....I just really hate seeing it....Not seeing people f'd up, but seeing people actually consume....I'm sorry but watching people snort whatever the hell they are snorting looks disgusting & dirty to me

Originally posted by jennifera

No Matt....I'm not saying that people shouldn't do it....I'm not anal like that....I just really hate seeing it....Not seeing people f'd up, but seeing people actually consume....I'm sorry but watching people snort whatever the hell they are snorting looks disgusting & dirty to me

thats nice. Stay home. DL PVD's livesets off the internet and listen to them that way. Drugs are part of the club culture. No one is doing drugs to personally upset you. Deal with it, or stay home.