Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drama at AIR

vicman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KKEN i respect you for voicing your opinion and im not saying you dont know what happened im saying i didnt see what happened. I do apologize if any of my staff or co workers was at fault for the incidents which took place. PS you can even ask laine if i told her to have you email me and tell me what you saw from your angle on the situation.

teriaki yes my leg is so far up my ass i cant stand. Assclowns like you are the reason i have an attitude.

Originally posted by adamkeithdc

teriaki yes my leg is so far up my ass i cant stand. Assclowns like you are the reason i have an attitude.

the other side of the coin is that there are countless parties that go wrong, people complain, and then the promoter or someone representing the promoter (cough*cough*cough* CODE as just 1 example) goes into the message board where people are complaining and essentially tellse everyone to go to hell and that they are all stupid.

assholes like them is why we are very skeptical about promoters that come into a messge board and do not provide an explanation as to what went wrong in their event. :)

Originally posted by adamkeithdc

KKEN i respect you for voicing your opinion and im not saying you dont know what happened im saying i didnt see what happened. I do apologize if any of my staff or co workers was at fault for the incidents which took place. PS you can even ask laine if i told her to have you email me and tell me what you saw from your angle on the situation.

good to hear. even tho air is over for the year, all i can suggest at this point is find out what happened and make corrections. personally, it was probably air mgmt and if i were you, i'd never promote anything with them, ever again.

in fact, air should be downright blacklisted.

Attention AIR REP: I hold the club management responsible for what went down at AIR. First of all, no one on this boards wants to hear HIP HOP in a club, so advertise your future events on blackplanet.com, but not here. Second, if you book a major trance DJ; Ferry, PVD, etc are you really going to tell them play Rap music? Your in the club business, I guess; not sure why anyone has to ask you that. Premier DJ's have a following and they come to hear "their music" and not your stupid WPGC remixes.

Third, you modeled your party after Nikki Beach; FYI they play trance music there on certain nights. If Space or Nikki Beach advertises a TOP DJ, they deliver; or otherwise their club is mud.

I heard a rumor that you guys were looking into booking Moby. Guess what, you couldnt do that Moby. So why do it to S&P?

Originally posted by vicman

a lot of us went because it was Saeed and Palash

I went only because of this. And its too bad cause i really liked the setup of the place and would have come back, but all i know now is that i paid $20 (dont know why, everyone else seemed to pay only $10) to hear hip -hop, which i hate. Needless to say, i am not coming back.

Sapexec's BlackPlanet reference is very unfortunate!

You should rightfully express your displeasure, but avoid the racial overtones. On my visits to AIR, the crowd has been ethnically and racially diverse and so has the music. On Saturdays, AIR attracts a mostly white crowd that comes to dance to retro, hip-hop, reggae, international and some house.

From what I saw this past Saturday, an overwhelmingly white crowd, was requesting Hip-hop and other non-electronica forms of music.

I can understand how all of you feel. If I was led to believe that one my favorite DJ's, "Little" Louie Vega, was going to spin all night and then he didn't, I would be upset. Whoever promoted this party should have make it clear that S&P where only going to spin certain sets and not all night so all of you could have decided whether this was something you wanted to attend. Every AIR flyer I have seen (except for the S&P flyer) makes it clear that a variety of music is played at AIR, not just one genre.

Nevertheless, don't make this into a Racial thing or Hip-Hop vs. Electronica thing. Music is music. Many electronic songs sample hip-hop beats, which in turn sample from other genres.

Originally posted by nautilus60

I went only because of this. And its too bad cause i really liked the setup of the place and would have come back, but all i know now is that i paid $20 (dont know why, everyone else seemed to pay only $10) to hear hip -hop, which i hate. Needless to say, i am not coming back.

I paid $20 but I think Vic or Ken paid $10? It was very confusing. Anyhow, you didn't call me! :mad:

I am very disappointed in what happened on Saturday night. I understand that the crowd wanted hip hop but when I go to a club I make sure that there will be music I like that night. I don't assume because a club has a usual format that it will be like that always. That is why I went to AIR, Saeed & Palash were going to be there. I don't care whose fault it was, it happened. I paid and didn't get what I paid for. I can't imagine going back to Air. Party kids are very fickle... be careful if you screw them.

Anyhow, on a slightly different note... I really find Sapaexec's comment about where Air should adverstise their future events uncalled for.

Originally posted by deephouse

I can understand how all of you feel. If I was led to believe that one my favorite DJ's, "Little" Louie Vega, was going to spin all night and then he didn't, I would be upset. Whoever promoted this party should have make it clear that S&P where only going to spin certain sets and not all night so all of you could have decided whether this was something you wanted to attend. Every AIR flyer I have seen (except for the S&P flyer) makes it clear that a variety of music is played at AIR, not just one genre.

here's the flyer:

S&Pemail.gif

judging by S&P reaction they also expected to spin all night. equally, if the people who regularly go to AIR knew it was going to be S&P all night, maybe they should not have gone . . . then again I am probably not way off in saying that most of them probably just listen to the comercial stuff that plays on the radio and don't really know what progressive, tribal, house, tech-house, etc. is.

Originally posted by littlehelper

Saeed and Palash have been reading your post and want to thank you for all your support.

you guys are the best

LH;)

Dear Saeed & Palash,

I would like to book you for my apartment in Silver Spring. Although it's mainly a hip hop apartment, I promise to promte it as a "techno" night. Talk to you soon.

Reval

Originally posted by revaluation

Dear Saeed & Palash,

I would like to book you for my apartment in Silver Spring. Although it's mainly a hip hop apartment, I promise to promte it as a "techno" night. Talk to you soon.

Reval

ROFLMFAO!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Reval has peaked in humor.