Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dj mag's top 100

livin42nite

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that there are a few Miami DJ's that have a real good shot of being in the DJ mag top 100. The sad thing is most dont get the love from the hometown fans when it comes to voting.

Oscar G: Dark Beat exposed Oscar to the new generation of house heads around the world. The old school still know Murk, but alot of younger people did not know Oscar G until Dark Beat. Murk has also been hard at work again remixing and this too should raise Oscar's profile. I think with Oscar's reputation from Space and Dark Beat, he should have enough votes for a spot in the top 100.

Edgar V: Edgar has alot of trance fans around the USA from his gigs with PVD. Dont underestimate what playing to packed clubs can do. He has alot of passionate fans that support him wherever he plays. Last year he was mentioned by PVD as his favorite up and coming DJ. Nice endorsment!

Markus Schulz: His radio show has blown up this year, and he has a huge fan following all over the globe because of it. Global DJ Broadcast was voted on several online polls ahead of Essential mix and even John Digweed's radio show as the best online radio show in the world. The only show that seems to be more popular right now is Armin Van Buuren's "A State of Trance". Pretty damn impressive for a show that originates on 93.1. His remix and production work this year helped raise his profile too. Markus is one of those few DJ's that has captured the imagination of tranceheads and prog heads with his melodic sets.

when voting for your top 5, please remember to give some love to these boys who represent Miami. They need our support, because they do have a real good shot at making the top 100.

Originally posted by globalgirl

I think that there are a few Miami DJ's that have a real good shot of being in the DJ mag top 100. The sad thing is most dont get the love from the hometown fans when it comes to voting.

Oscar G: Dark Beat exposed Oscar to the new generation of house heads around the world. The old school still know Murk, but alot of younger people did not know Oscar G until Dark Beat. Murk has also been hard at work again remixing and this too should raise Oscar's profile. I think with Oscar's reputation from Space and Dark Beat, he should have enough votes for a spot in the top 100.

Edgar V: Edgar has alot of trance fans around the USA from his gigs with PVD. Dont underestimate what playing to packed clubs can do. He has alot of passionate fans that support him wherever he plays. Last year he was mentioned by PVD as his favorite up and coming DJ. Nice endorsment!

Markus Schulz: His radio show has blown up this year, and he has a huge fan following all over the globe because of it. Global DJ Broadcast was voted on several online polls ahead of Essential mix and even John Digweed's radio show as the best online radio show in the world. The only show that seems to be more popular right now is Armin Van Buuren's "A State of Trance". Pretty damn impressive for a show that originates on 93.1. His remix and production work this year helped raise his profile too. Markus is one of those few DJ's that has captured the imagination of tranceheads and prog heads with his melodic sets.

when voting for your top 5, please remember to give some love to these boys who represent Miami. They need our support, because they do have a real good shot at making the top 100.

Well said which is why i put oscar and roland on my top 5 when voting. Markus is great as well, but my 2 florida djs are those two.

Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

steve lawler

danny t.

oscar g

chus

danny howells

sander kleinenberg

ivano bellini (don't care what you say about his people skills, the man has talent)

behrouz

tiesto

PVD

in no particular order of course except Lawler is always #1 in my book.

great list!!!!

here's mine

1. steve lawler

2. james zabiela

3. saeed & palash

4. mauro picotto

5. sander

6. oscar g

7. roland

8. jimmy T :eek::D

9. lucien foort

10. tiesto

My top 20 in NO particular order.

- Dennis Rodgers

- Chloe Harris

- Paul Louth

- Bill Patrick

- Daniel Mnookin

- Maya Amack

- Danny Moore

- Jay Household

- Greg 'Stryke' Chin

- Shadi Megallaa

- John Ioannou

- Dave Preston

- Smight (The Good Man) :)

- Domingo Castillo

- Micheal Martin

- Roland

- Dustin Camilleri

- Dan Petrov

- Barry Fell

- Oscar Gaetan

and I voted accordingly

Originally posted by clubspaceguy

1. armin van burren

2. tiesto

3. paul van dyk

4. sasha

5. Oakenfold (yeah i know hes not the same anymore but he still produces a lot of stuff)

5. Oakenfold (yeah i know hes not the same anymore but he still produces a lot of stuff) LMAO Oakenfold producing LMAO