Clubplanet Nightlife Community

going out by yourself

good question rachel...

i go out by myself more so when i'm traveling too--it must be due to feeling anonymous. anyway, i was down in miami with my sister & friend and they didn't want to go out! so i went by myself to check out george acosta at level and i had a blast.

i almost went to arc by myself last weekend after going to webster hall and "losing" my friend! i was so ready to go dance my butt off some more, but had to tell the taxi driver to take me home instead because i had $5 bucks left on me and didn't bring the atm card. damm...lol

anyway, i'd go out alone more if i felt safe, you know? other than that, i'd do it. you can hardly talk to people u come to a club with anyway. plus, i have only one buddy who loves clubbin to the same music i like. we should all do a meet up some time...i'm up for it :hat:

Originally posted by mala

I always went to Tunnel by myself, but only because I knew I'd run into people I know.

EXACTLY MY POINT! And the best part aboug going by yourself is you can leave when ever the fuck you want. You don't have to look for anyone, or listen to anyone bitch that they wanna go home.

Well, I'm new here and this is my first post on this board (congratulate me). I love clubbing- the music, dancing, atmosphere, and meeting people, but none of my friends are into clubbing the way I am. It sux... every weekend i want to head to NYC, but all of my friends want to see a movie or something like that. And so many of them are into going to Irish pubs :confused:

Honestly, I think i've done like 20% of the clubbing that I've wanted to do since I started college. Sometime last winter, I did go to Webster Hall by myself (first and only solo trip i've ever made), but it was way too awkward... it wasnt a good night there anyways. :(

Hey, if anyone here ever wants to go out or meet up at a club, I'd definetly be in. I dont know if the members on this board have a their own clique or anything, but PM me if you'd be interested in adding one more.

Originally posted by t0nythelover

i only go out by myself, most of my friends dont like clubbing

Same here....Well I always go out alone during the school year cuase all my friends including myself are aaway at college and im the closest to the city so, yea i dont care i'll go out by myself anytime, doesnt bother me....

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

does any one else here go out to a partie by yourself? if you know the music will be good and just want to have a good time, but have no one to go with? (of course ull know people there tho!)

i do it a lot. sometimes i like it better that way.. don't have to deal with anybodies personal shit..i usally meet up with ppl there anyway..but in the past i've met some of my best friends just by going out alone.

i wish i had the balls to go out alone. i feel kinda awkward if i am by myself... i guess if you have a bar stool that would be ok but if you cant get a seat, what do you do?? just wander around and watch or try to meet some people to talk to?? the best part of going out is being with the company you want to be with. i like to communicate with people & friends, if i was alone i wouldnt know what to do with myself. if i was going out to dance, i would be OK but until i was feeling the music or felt like dancing i wouldnt feel right. the weird thing is i can go out and wander off alone all night, meet tons of people & have an awesome time but if i actually went out alone i would just feel weird.

if a good dj is playin

dont let your friends who arent into clubs stop you

its all about the music

cause if theres a great dj there then most likely the vibe will be good and you will probly see more people just like you who are alone but who are haveing a great time and are into the music

Originally posted by somebitch

i wish i had the balls to go out alone. i feel kinda awkward if i am by myself... i guess if you have a bar stool that would be ok but if you cant get a seat, what do you do?? just wander around and watch or try to meet some people to talk to?? the best part of going out is being with the company you want to be with. i like to communicate with people & friends, if i was alone i wouldnt know what to do with myself. if i was going out to dance, i would be OK but until i was feeling the music or felt like dancing i wouldnt feel right. the weird thing is i can go out and wander off alone all night, meet tons of people & have an awesome time but if i actually went out alone i would just feel weird.

i guess it's different for girls.. because of the whole issues with asshole guys whom like to grab and paw at women

Most of the time I do, cuz of the reasons that friends don't share the same interest and think they are over that scene...mainly I go for the good music and love to dance to it...and also enjoy to photograph the fun of the scene.....:D

you could consider me a late bloomer since I had some restriction that I couldn't get aroound in my late teens early 20's, which prevented me from going to clubs( Hmmmm?... Was I in an insane asylum???:idea: ...felt like it, but I can't remember.:confused: It's very complicated...Well...Doesn't matter now...

Anyway, My experience of going to clubs solo so far for the most part has been very positive. I found that the crowd and some of the djs enjoy watching me dance to the music, and I'm a welcome addition to the party...

I like to see people smile and show that they are having a good time...and somehow I am able to motivate that effect (whether you are a girl or a guy), in this case, in my dancing and getting into the music.

I hope this is food for the thought

Due to lack of genre consensus, I've gone clubbing on my own in London a few times at Fabric before I overdid the place but even if I go with friends I tend to go wandering on my own for hours.

Been scouring the web for NYC clubbing info. I'm in town for four weeks on biz, just wondering which clubs in NYC are best to go on one's own? Trying to find somewhere to go tomorrow evening.

Royston.

Originally posted by daemoncel

i guess it's different for girls.. because of the whole issues with asshole guys whom like to grab and paw at women

That's actually my main deterrent to being in a club by myself... not so much the issue of being molested as such, just the thought of being an easy target who gets hit on allllll goddamn night long... I just can't deal with that nonsense anymore.

I go out alone, but I don't know if it really counts when you know you're going to run into people you know.

always wanted to try goin out by myself, i feel i always need to escape every weekend from all the shit that goes on during the week and usually my friends are never down to going to the places i wanna go too, most of them arent really into clubbin and i assume it would kinda be awkward walkin around a place like SF or somethin like that by urself...

Originally posted by danihawk

I've considered it, but never actually done it...whenever I've been out with a friend and she meets a guy or whatever it's always cool

me too I have considered many times.....cause none of my friends really want to go out clubbing....but I never got the courage to go

eh...i used to go to tunnel & SF by myself too, but i was also usually rollin so u meet ppl a lot easier lol....plus there were all the regulars that u knew. none of my friends were into that shit either and it was the only place i felt like i could be myself (or escape from myself....whichever the case...)

i dont think its that big a deal....tho its probably not the safest thing, so be careful!

i used to go to Arc alone alot because none of my friends could keep those crazy hours, but I always knew a whole slew of people when I got there, so it was never really *alone*, more recently a few of my friends have been coming out with me just because of all the crazy stories and cool pictures i've been feeding them.