Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
iamme

We're all going to DIIIIEEEEEEE

Recommended Posts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :shake:

Sorry. Everyone's been talking about Hurricane Isabel all morning, kinda getting a kick out of it. People are really becoming obsessed with this thing.

I wonder what'll end up happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kken

so a cat 1 and 2 storm will still mess shit up? never seen a hurricane before...

I was living in Houston, TX in 1983 when Hurricane Alicia hit. It was a Category 3. I just did a little search for damage reports from that hurricane and this is what I found:

Twenty-three tornadoes were reported during Alicia. 14 occurred between Galveston and Houston as the storm made landfall, and the other 9 touched down the next day between Houston and Tyler. All but 2 of these were small, with winds between 40-72 mph. The strongest tornado occurred near Tyler, in Northeast Texas, with winds in the 113-157 mph range.

Twenty-one persons died as a result of Alicia. 25 others were hospitalized and 3,094 were injured or became ill. The Red Cross provided shelter or food for 63,000 people. A total of 2,297 dwellings were destroyed and another 3,008 suffered major damage. 18,660 families suffered losses from Alicia. The $2 billion in damages made Alicia the costliest hurricane in Texas history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I was living in Houston, TX in 1983 when Hurricane Alicia hit. It was a Category 3. I just did a little search for damage reports from that hurricane and this is what I found:

Twenty-three tornadoes were reported during Alicia. 14 occurred between Galveston and Houston as the storm made landfall, and the other 9 touched down the next day between Houston and Tyler. All but 2 of these were small, with winds between 40-72 mph. The strongest tornado occurred near Tyler, in Northeast Texas, with winds in the 113-157 mph range.

Twenty-one persons died as a result of Alicia. 25 others were hospitalized and 3,094 were injured or became ill. The Red Cross provided shelter or food for 63,000 people. A total of 2,297 dwellings were destroyed and another 3,008 suffered major damage. 18,660 families suffered losses from Alicia. The $2 billion in damages made Alicia the costliest hurricane in Texas history.

damn..:eek: Thats no joke. Ive seen one tornado so far (in college park) and that thing fucked shit up and it wasnt even that strong.

According to CNN.com, the storm is now a strong Category 2, 1 mph short of the threshold for Category 3 hurricane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by iamme

damn..:eek: Thats no joke. Ive seen one tornado so far (in college park) and that thing fucked shit up and it wasnt even that strong.

According to CNN.com, the storm is now a strong Category 2, 1 mph short of the threshold for Category 3 hurricane.

Yeah its pretty scary stuff. We were remodeling our kitchen at the time of Alicia and we were missing a wall!!! Luckily there was minimal damage to the house and my family was okay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Yeah its pretty scary stuff. We were remodeling our kitchen at the time of Alicia and we were missing a wall!!! Luckily there was minimal damage to the house and my family was okay!

missing walls can be a problem, probably made the kitchen feel much bigger though :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by iamme

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :shake:

Sorry. Everyone's been talking about Hurricane Isabel all morning, kinda getting a kick out of it. People are really becoming obsessed with this thing.

I wonder what'll end up happening?

Sounds reasonable considering, you guys get 4 inches of snow and all of DC and surrounding areas are calling off work:rolleyes: (Sorry had to Tini...;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by prplhz

Sounds reasonable considering, you guys get 4 inches of snow and all of DC and surrounding areas are calling off work:rolleyes: (Sorry had to Tini...;) )

Don't apologize - I know people here are crazy about the weather. Well actually they are just plain crazy :D

Though having lived through a hurricane.... I'd much rather we have a blizzard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×