kken

Back to Restaurant Guide

Raku: An Asian Diner

Raku: An Asian Diner

1900 Q Street NW

Washington, DC 20009

202-265-7258

Average User Rating:

Click here to give your rating & review.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts 1 thru 9 of 9... Previous | Next

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From GanymedeCallisto

on Friday September 12, 2003 at 10:47 AM:

(i suppose giving it an actual rating would be good)

From GanymedeCallisto

on Friday September 12, 2003 at 10:45 AM:

It's too bad that quite a few people seem to have had a bad experience at Raku. I've been here four times now (and plan to go back again soon!), and have NEVER had a problem with anything--the food, the service, the price--nothing. The Kway Tao dish is fantastic, Thai tea quite satisfying, and the Mango/Rice dessert--such a treat! Raku will even let you order to go, so you can eat your meal with you friend/sweetheart/self by the fountain in Dupont Circle (only 1 block away!). Definately 5 stars!

From thadiva29

on Thursday May 15, 2003 at 01:54 PM:

The food at Raku is great...IF you ever get it. This is definitely NOT the place to go if you need to do something else with the rest of your day. More wait staff is an understatement....how about waitstaff that don't avoid looking at you because they know they're wrong for making you wait so long.

From AKari714

on Thursday May 15, 2003 at 01:53 PM:

The service was so horrible--took forever to get drinks, an eternity to get even one part of our meal, a reminder to get the other and to quote our waiter when we tried to pay "Sorry, I don't have change."

From Cheesehead9633

on Thursday May 15, 2003 at 01:49 PM:

Do NOT visit this restaurant if you are looking to have a quick lunch. I just spent an hour and 45 minutes there, and received terrible, slow service! We waited about 1/2 hour for our drinks, another 15 minutes before SOME of the food we ordered began arriving, and one person at our table never even got her meal. I think our waiter took a lunch break during ours.

From GrnEyeMC82

on Friday February 14, 2003 at 04:03 PM:

This is definitely a cool place to eat, and best of all: it's relatively cheap! Gotta try the fried calamari or the shrimp and crab ravioli...just wish they had edamame at this location, like they do in Bethesda...

From Guava78

on Tuesday September 17, 2002 at 10:10 AM:

This is one of my favorite restaurants in DC. I love it!! The peanut skewers are to die for. The shrimp tempura hand rolls are amazing!! Not to mention: dupont circle is just a fun time!

it is shitty.

i went there plenty of times during my first year in DC before i knew any better.

the food is pretty good but the waiters completely ignore you and they forget to bring some of the dishes out...

also they never bring everything out at the same time so one person at your table might be served but someone else might not get theirs for another 45 mins.

and did i mention that the waiters ignore you?

oh yeah, and this happens CONSISTENTLY.

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

it is shitty.

i went there plenty of times during my first year in DC before i knew any better.

the food is pretty good but the waiters completely ignore you and they forget to bring some of the dishes out...

also they never bring everything out at the same time so one person at your table might be served but someone else might not get theirs for another 45 mins.

and did i mention that the waiters ignore you?

oh yeah, and this happens CONSISTENTLY.

it is excellent, you don't know what your missing. Everytime I went there the food was good, decent service and great drinks, never been ignored there. I sat outside and inside both numerous times, never had a problem. Two thumbs up

Originally posted by vicman

well someone has to take the lead on this. what day and where? shit. . . must i do everything in this dump? :rolleyes:

Yes!!!! :mad: And take that smiley off your signature... It's causing servers to crash all over the planet and in turn massive blackouts all over Europe. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Some of the best Korean I've had in this area is at a place called Han Sung Oak restaurant...address 6341 Columbia Pike, Falls church, VA 22041. They actually ah ve gravy on the side of the BBQ (like a moat around the grill) where you can dip your meat. Also at the end the gravy has absorbed most of the flavor of the meat and can be poured over rice, etc, and is absolutely delicious!

Originally posted by raver_mania

Some of the best Korean I've had in this area is at a place called Han Sung Oak restaurant...address 6341 Columbia Pike, Falls church, VA 22041. They actually ah ve gravy on the side of the BBQ (like a moat around the grill) where you can dip your meat. Also at the end the gravy has absorbed most of the flavor of the meat and can be poured over rice, etc, and is absolutely delicious!

*drool* :woah2: