Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For Those That Went--memories Of Shadow Lounge...

mrmatas2277

Originally posted by pod

To say that it wasn't all that unless you were in a drug induced haze is so far off the mark. I went there with nothing more in me than a few cheap drinks from the Deuce, and had nothing more than a few more drinks...often I would go and just have a few Red Bulls...and I had a blast, even during Acostanation...the club itself was a little run down near the end, but what club on the beach worth going to doesn't have it's share of issues? Nerve has bad toilets, crobar's a bit dirty sometimes...

:aright: That pretty much sums it up

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

really? hearsay is a bitch...but since u have been around the scene for all about 1 yr, i guess thats the ONLY way u ever heard of it...and on ur Union Lounge remark, i could respond to u but....NO COMMENT:D

Like I said, NOW THAT I LOOK BACK....

I used to like it, but those certain memories have a dirty tinge to them. That was when my weekends started with Blue on Wed and continued non stop to 5 am monday morning after Nikkis and Prive then going home, taking a shower and going to work downtown.

Having been on the scene for a year and change doesn't make me any less "hard core", just means that I will be around that much longer. ;)

On a different note....I am really looking forward to Nocturnal opening up. We need a new superclub in town, and the right people to run it. And from what I heard, the place is BAD ASS!!!:cool:

I am very happy to be around at this point in time, I think that we are in a pivotal time as far as clubs and dance music in whole, just as it was in the time of Shadow Lounge.

Here's a shadow / taucher memory for ya.....

Taucher is spinning... I think it was a 4th of July party... Anyways he doing hes thing, Bazarre starts up and we all go nuts..... then he appears on the bar in the back in a crazy uncle sam outfit!!! He danced around etc... place went through the roof.... :hat:

Another great Taucher story:

Winter Music Conference....I think 1999....A random kid walks in with a demo on vinyl for Taucher. Place is packed. Taucher takes him up to the booth and puts his track on the deck and plays it. Kid is so happy that he starts crying and Taucher gives him a big hug. How many DJs do you think would just drop some kid's random demo at a big conference party without even hearing it? Pretty cool guy.

Originally posted by shroomy

BTW did anyone see when Taucher dove off the DJ booth?

(wasnt there, just heard the story)

:eek: how did he land?!? that booth was the only booth I never went up into...it was like a frikken tower, man! I was intimidated by it, and didn't know the DJs very well, so I never bothered. bet the veiw was something else

Originally posted by ogmiami

Another great Taucher story:

Winter Music Conference....I think 1999....A random kid walks in with a demo on vinyl for Taucher. Place is packed. Taucher takes him up to the booth and puts his track on the deck and plays it. Kid is so happy that he starts crying and Taucher gives him a big hug. How many DJs do you think would just drop some kid's random demo at a big conference party without even hearing it? Pretty cool guy.

you are so freakin right og ... taucher is the koolest guy in the world ... everytime ive seen him at space hes gone down & danced with us "DURING" his set :cool: and after he hangs out with us & shares his bottle of cuervo, his fave btw :D ... this guy would hang upside down from the steel beam at space and spin upside down :laugh: he was incredible ... & the way he interracts with his fans is just unbelievable:eek: i would really like to see what hes up to ... ha hasnt been in the states 4 awhile... do something OGMIAMI

:D

• 1 year later...

A Nice Monthly would do Justice. That should bring a nice Bottle Crowed. How about OG. We can have Edgar V do the monthly. Oh I forgot his the resident. Opps. But I love to see does memories back. I bet the older clubbers will come out for that.

very interesting thing about shadow during its heyday...

it was a saturday and of course acosta was spinning, there were a handful of well-known international DJs in attendance, along with rabid, sweaty fans... and slowly but surely acosta gradually trimmed the volume to complete silence at the break down of yakooza's "cocaine" and held it there for what seemed like about a minute and a half. it was an extended silent breakdown of song that already had too much of nothing in the middle of the song. the chilled air cascaded from the ceiling's built-in units. you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you. eventually, the bass break-beat slammed in at top volume and the place went fucking crazy.

acosta had taken some very big chances when all other DJs were playing it safe, and, likewise, shawdow lounge took very big risks in the overall edgeiness of the club when other clubs were clueless. they always kept things very underground without losing their mass appeal.

best memory for me was the night of one of the adult film industry awards... sasha played after the show and thew one of the best sets i ever heard. there were probaby 10-15 peeps in the room who actually knew who he was and the place was ramed w/ bimbos, fake titties and greasy looking pimps. it was kinda word of mouth that he was playing.