Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dumb Ass Door Policies

Originally posted by ianjohn

There has been a trend lately. If you are a guy, and you cant get a girl to go with you to a club, dont bother going that night.

WTF is this shit. I thought the whole point of going out was to meet people. And dont most people normally go in a group of their own sex to meet people of the opposite sex? Who here has a "guys night out" or a "girls night out"?

To all the people that are infavor of this policy where guys have to bring girls, do you also bring sand with you when you go to the beach?

i agree. tis bullshit. ive been turned away too many times

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

u actually bring up a good point....

but if u could punctuate it would make it easier..we wouldnt have to read it over 10 times to understand

Yeah, I was in a rush with that one.

I would walk the fuck out of any venue if the guys greatly out number the girl. Even if it was a party I was promoting.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

..I would like to believe thats true, unfortunately seperating the pretention from New York city nightlife is like seperating a junkie from a needle. Because of what we idolize and raise as virtue, people in a place like this will inherantly compete to see who's coolest, who's sporting the flashiest outfit, the nicest car..etc.. Its competition that can't be overcome unless you change the very mentality of the populace..

Blah blah blah :D

What do I have to do to keep you kids in line brothers and sisters shouldn't fight like this. now you know our precious Scene has changed some say fothe better some say for the worse, but we are a very rare breed over here. and yiou know that when we see each other out it will be all love again. so be good until I get back much love from OHIHO victor LOL.. and yeah it's bad out here

This thread just shows how different the club scene is for different folks. Someone posted that even if it was his party he'd jet if it was mostly guys...well evidently the music ain't your first priority lol.

And for whoever said lounging at a table and drinking is what's wrong with the scene there were folks who used to do that at twilo and anywhere else you've been and so what? You can enjoy the music and the scene without dancing if that's not your thing and if you have the dough to blow why the fuck not?

Personally i'm not into dress up but i only get pissed when dj's i really want to hear spin places you have to get dressed for, and that doesn't happen all that much. Precisely because people who get all flash for the night out aren't as into the music and aren't gonna dance and bounce all night and IMO dj's want energy from the crowd and not just $$'s if they can arrange it.

The girl / guy thing does suck from time to time but there are always alternatives...

(oh and Phunky Phunk - right on man. Been to lots of very cool events in smaller cities - the dj's may not be name brand but often you get a very cool scene)

Well, I posted this thread right before I went on vacation and now I am back and I would like to add my two cents.

In my opinoion, the scene is much worse than it was 2+ years ago. First off, I have only had a problem getting into one club one time. It was the last time I ever went there, in fact, the last time I have been to a long island club. I go to DANCE clubs to DANCE. I dont want to wear something that I would wear to a job interview so it could get ruined in the few hours that I am at a club. Two, I like to dance in Sneakers, I dont think you can really dacne in shoes.

Second. To all the door people that hold the line. You loose buisness because after a while people get impatient and leave without ever going into the club. Let the people in to have fun. That way they will come back next week.

third, I agree, who buys the drinks??? I dunno, but most of the time the guys are buying the drinks. Which might bring me to another topic alltogether.

I am 24. I'm not to crazy of 18+ clubs anymore becuse you are always going to run into some dumb 16 yr old girl that thinks shes hot shit. Whats even worse? How about 21 for guys and 18 for ladies? Are they trying to encourage guys of age to buy drinks for girls that arent?

I have more to add, but its been a long day, just thought I would add some more fuel to the fire.

Originally posted by exit24e

You really piss me off. Going to a club shouldnt be about going to sit at a table and buy bottles and get treated good by the waiters. Are you fucking serious. Get the fuck out and stay out. You belong in exit.

And to answer your retarded post, guys go to clubs and sit at a table and buy bottle for what purpose... to impress other guys? I mean i dont know what your sexual preference is, but if i had to resort to buy bottles to get ass i would much rather do it somewhere were there are more women than men.

Plzz dont tell me that Avalon is a club that attracts this type of crowd.

Exactly what kind of crowd are you looking for???? the kind that get's comp....struts through the line at the door....doesn't spend a nickle at the bar..................and gets the place raided by vice cops cuz they're doin bumps of k on the dancefloor.......

I'm straight .... you're gay....... I don't need to "impress" anybody ....I'm very happily attached........ Everyone has a concept of what "atmosphere" they wan't and what "type" of people should be in a club....Dress Codes I can definately understand.... but to turn away people because they don't appeal to the doorperson is against the whole concept of clubbing.........People go to clubs to socialize......If you're not willing to accept people from all wallks of life how can you possibly be sociable????

Promoters are the ones who have absolutely ruined the club scene...clubs have 30-40 promoters all chasing the same dollar....In their greed to get people through the door they're bringing in shitty crowds...

I have no respect for people who exhibit predjudice in any way.....and I refuse to support them.......

I go out to have good time.....My good time is drinking with my freinds, and having some laughs.....you wanna get on the dancefloor and work up a sweat more power to you... its not my thing

What made clubs like

paradise garage....the world.....tunnel......palladium.....and others so great was that you had a varied crowd ....all walks of life....all there for different reasons.... for me back then it was the music.....

maybe you should get the fuck out......

:jerkoff:

>>> What made clubs like

paradise garage....the world.....tunnel......palladium.....and others so great was that you had a varied crowd ....all walks of life....all there for different reasons.... for me back then it was the music.....

<<<

Shit, what music, I thought It was about bringing people???

(In case u didnt know I was being sarcastic. Couldnt agree with you more)

This post was fuckin just painful to read. I guess you can tell the age/immaturity of the majority of people on this board by the way they talk and the things that get them so easily pissed off.

BOTTOM LINE: DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.

To some, going out, means getting dressed up, and going to a nice venue to be in environment of their peers ie, age group, professionals etc etc. and not be surrounded by kids in ufo's, or with their shirts off, whacked out on drugs. Or having their girlfriends incessantly hit on by meatheads doing the fist pump.

I used to dislike door policies too. Sometimes, when I get static at the door, I still hate them, but the truth is, once I'm in, I am so very very thankful for the selectiveness of the crowd. I know what i'm in for b/f I go to one of these places and make the necessary allowances ie going earlier etc etc. Sometimes I feel like just chilling out in a nice place either sitting down ata table or chillin at the bar having a few drinks without the massive crowd.

Conversely, when I wanna get down and dirty and dance my ass off, I go to such a venue that will allow me to dress "comfortably" like arc or sf.

Just the way you don't want to see the Rehab/Pangea/Lotus crowd at Vinyl or SF, trust me, they don't want to see you at their places either.

To whoever said, it's the guys that buy the drinks, that's true. It's also the guys that start the fights too. These places still get their money in spades. They can afford to and are smart imo to not let packs of guys in. It's just asking for trouble.

And if the guys were smart, and were in a group, and still wanted to get in, you'd do what we do, spilt up, find some girls to walk in with, and umm, try actually being nice to the door person and not act like you're doing them the favor by going in. you'd be surprised how far a little courtesy at the door will get you.

my 1.50

>>> What made clubs like

<<<

Shit, what music, I thought It was about bringing people???

(In case u didnt know I was being sarcastic. Couldnt agree with you more)

by the way, "the world" - in the same category as tunnel, and palladium?

now thats a fuckin joke.... :laugh:

I agree. Tunnel and Palladium......(world)???

the world....e2nd between Ave C - D -----behind the gas station...many legends passed through those doors....it was a converted theatre for those that remember....nothing there now... closed in 1990......i'm showing my age now....