Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dumb Ass Door Policies

There has been a trend lately. If you are a guy, and you cant get a girl to go with you to a club, dont bother going that night.

WTF is this shit. I thought the whole point of going out was to meet people. And dont most people normally go in a group of their own sex to meet people of the opposite sex? Who here has a "guys night out" or a "girls night out"?

To all the people that are infavor of this policy where guys have to bring girls, do you also bring sand with you when you go to the beach?

Dont worry it wont last ,,it only happens the first few weeks when a club opens,,,after a few weeks when the club cant come up with its 25,000 rent,,,they would have no choice to let guys in...Just look how Sf and exit is hurting 5 years ago you could not get near those clubs wearing jeans and sneakers now they like beg you to get in........98,99,RIP

Myself and others in the scene (such as DT) have been working to create a new trend in NYC music, where all the drama, stuck up door people and arrogant promoters are no longer involved, a new wave of parties that are truly about the music will be hitting the area soon. :) Alot of the artistic aspect has been lost and replaced with these attitudes unfortunately. In other cities around the world, its about diversity in the music and its all about the ART of mixing, something lost in alot of NYC. DJ's in NYC have lost alot of respect, which they deserve for all their hard work and talent.

DJ Ray Albano

Thats how its been for a while. When I do the door I have to do the same thing at times. Its all depends in how the night is. Every owner of any venues dont want to see only guys in the club. Why? So that night will be called and cock fest. Times owners rather have a decent crowd then having the venue packed with guys only. I mean come if you were an owner would you only want guys in the venue more then women. What makes a good night is when you have a diversity of people then with a trend and it has its equal amout of people(women & men).

Also you have to work the door. Meaning when its packed and they are not letting anyone in, menaing guys. You gotta work it. Throw some BS at the door to get in. Or maybe its when some people arent dressed for the occasion. You might think you are , but in all reality you arent.

victor soto

Originally posted by djrayalbano

Myself and others in the scene (such as DT) have been working to create a new trend in NYC music, where all the drama, stuck up door people and arrogant promoters are no longer involved, a new wave of parties that are truly about the music will be hitting the area soon. :) Alot of the artistic aspect has been lost and replaced with these attitudes unfortunately. In other cities around the world, its about diversity in the music and its all about the ART of mixing, something lost in alot of NYC. DJ's in NYC have lost alot of respect, which they deserve for all their hard work and talent.

DJ Ray Albano

..I would like to believe thats true, unfortunately seperating the pretention from New York city nightlife is like seperating a junkie from a needle. Because of what we idolize and raise as virtue, people in a place like this will inherantly compete to see who's coolest, who's sporting the flashiest outfit, the nicest car..etc.. Its competition that can't be overcome unless you change the very mentality of the populace..

Originally posted by vsoto212

Understand one thing. NYC is know for its trend, style, fashion, venues, to lounges, & celebs. Take that away and you have OHIHO. Nothing new is gonna change anything. NYC is what it is and will remain that way.

victor soto

...First off, don't judge other places in this country without experiencing them first hand. Some of the most closely knit EDM scenes with the most positive vibe to be found are in smaller metropolitan areas..

..Secondly, I understand that New York is all the things that you said above, but then how do you explain places like Tunnel and Limelight, not to mention Twilo back in the day where it really didn't matter because when you boiled it all away it was just a group of people in a Sweatbox, gettin down?... Even though there were trend conscious people, the trend wasn't the end goal, having a good time and not giving a shit was...That lends back to my first statement about what we aspire to in this society now...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

...First off, don't judge other places in this country without experiencing them first hand. Some of the most closely knit EDM scenes with the most positive vibe to be found are in smaller metropolitan areas..

..Secondly, I understand that New York is all the things that you said above, but then how do you explain places like Tunnel and Limelight, not to mention Twilo back in the day where it really didn't matter because when you boiled it all away it was just a group of people in a Sweatbox, gettin down?... Even though there were trend conscious people, the trend wasn't the end goal, having a good time and not giving a shit was...That lends back to my first statement about what we aspire to in this society now...

:laugh: :laugh:

relax there buddy, been there done that in those days, just explaining how things are now..read before you talk ...

have a nice day

I would say this, I DO NOT go to any club with a door policy. If I can't go in sneakers I don't go. I really hate when you got to dress up and wear shoes and slacks to go to a club and dance. I feel so uncomfortable. If I cant go as I am then I dont go at all. No club is worth all that BS. I will spend my $ somewhere else.

:laugh: :laugh:

relax there buddy, been there done that in those days, just explaining how things are now..read before you talk ...

have a nice day

..I did read asswipe, and you intoned quite clearly (well, somewhat clearly due to the wonderful spelling of 'Ohio')..that New York minus the bullshit = podunk scene, and that quite frankly, isn't true...

...I love promoters...:jerkoff:...

I never frequent nightspots with such policies. I go out to dance, and if I'm not getting in with sneakers, it's not worth the time or the money. I'd rather sit home, roll blunt after blunt, sip some beers, throw some records on the one and two's, and enjoy the vibe.

There is no fuckin way I'd even contemplate getting open with shoes on. It's just never going to happen.

Some of the most infamous nightclubs in New York City have been known for anything but their door policies / dress codes. Now that they're gone, everything is just going to shit. It's so fuckin depressing. There aren't as many alternatives left for those who love to head out in the morning and dance into the afternoon. I can't even believe this is Manhattan.

..I did read asswipe, and you intoned quite clearly (well, somewhat clearly due to the wonderful spelling of 'Ohio')..that New York minus the bullshit = podunk scene, and that quite frankly, isn't true...

...I love promoters...:jerkoff:...

If you read clearly MORON I was pertaining to todays scene. NOT the TUNNEL & TWILO days. So like I said read before you write.

and again HAVE A NICE DAY !!

victor soto

If you read clearly MORON I was pertaining to todays scene. NOT the TUNNEL & TWILO days. So like I said read before you write.

victor soto

...AND FATALISTICALLY ACCEPTING THAT TYPE OF BULLSHIT IN TODAY'S SCENE IS WHY IT SUCKS TO GO OUT AND TRY TO PARTY DOWNTOWN ANYMORE. IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A THICK HEADED FUCKING PROMOTER, YOU'D GET THAT NOW WOULDN'T YOU ASSMONKEY??!

-Eat it :jerkoff:

...AND FATALISTICALLY ACCEPTING THAT TYPE OF BULLSHIT IN TODAY'S SCENE IS WHY IT SUCKS TO GO OUT AND TRY TO PARTY DOWNTOWN ANYMORE. IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A THICK HEADED FUCKING PROMOTER, YOU'D GET THAT NOW WOULDN'T YOU ASSMONKEY??!

-Eat it :jerkoff:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you read you'll see I said im just explaining how it is today. I never said I do that. All I said is that at times the owners tell the door people how they want the crowd.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this is too funny....

Hey PHUNKMONK,

Have an enjoyable weekend and stay out of trouble will ya.

For the 3rd time have a nice day :laugh:

victor soto

victor soto

LOL, and that is one of the main reasons why today's scene sucks in comparison.

Originally posted by tastyt

LOL, and that is one of the main reasons why today's scene sucks in comparison.

And I agree. Just telling it how it is. Back then when Tunnel & Twilo were around. That is when we were spoiled with such talent djs' that now its all BS.

victor soto

uhm.... somebody needs to remind club owners that guys are the ones who are spending the cash ......... when theres a crowd at a table with bottles lined up.... do you ever see a lady reach into her purse to pay the tab???? I personally don't dance ... i like to lounge around and get loaded....very loaded....... but hey... IF a door person won't let me in... I'll take the drive down to A.C. where they'll kiss my ass, put me up, feed me, and give my free bottles ... all to get my business..... You can't judge a book by it's cover.... I don't stress when i get turned away... i just don't go back... and thats what everyone should do....

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

uhm.... somebody needs to remind club owners that guys are the ones who are spending the cash ......... when theres a crowd at a table with bottles lined up.... do you ever see a lady reach into her purse to pay the tab???? I personally don't dance ... i like to lounge around and get loaded....very loaded....... but hey... IF a door person won't let me in... I'll take the drive down to A.C. where they'll kiss my ass, put me up, feed me, and give my free bottles ... all to get my business..... You can't judge a book by it's cover.... I don't stress when i get turned away... i just don't go back... and thats what everyone should do....

You really piss me off. Going to a club shouldnt be about going to sit at a table and buy bottles and get treated good by the waiters. Are you fucking serious. Get the fuck out and stay out. You belong in exit.

And to answer your retarded post, guys go to clubs and sit at a table and buy bottle for what purpose... to impress other guys? I mean i dont know what your sexual preference is, but if i had to resort to buy bottles to get ass i would much rather do it somewhere were there are more women than men.

Plzz dont tell me that Avalon is a club that attracts this type of crowd.

i dont have a problem with the door policies at all.

i used to give a shit..(before i realized how to get into these places)..but now i dont. if i wana go out and dance and bug out ill go to viny or avalon (yes u can wear sneakers)....if i wana go hang out and have a couple of drinks im not gona go to factory or some shit....thats y places like lot61..suite16..flow..etc etc r still around...not everyone is interested in sweatin their nuts off every night.

just to mention...if u cant get into a place in NYC with sneakers on..then something is wrong...every place pretty much lets u in with sneakers as long as u look halfway decent..

btw...i nevvvvvvvvvvver go out with a group of guys..i learned the hardway...and besides im not into swordfights

Ian

the 3rd post is correct

and the most POINTED one of all

(thanks who ever you are - sorry i missed the name)

it is a trend

but my question is related to somethign IAN said in the forts post

was this taken to another level yet?.... guys night out / girls night out

it escapse me why guys cant get in as groups

but girls can?

you can actaully go to laws with this one ppl

( its called a sex crine)

IE : Gender hatred / profileing

im not sure if u can..its doormans discretion..u can even consider it a private social club..

thats y social clubs r still permitted to let their members smoke in NYC...its theoretically by invite ..people are there at their own free will and they know the circumstances surrounding their stay

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i dont have a problem with the door policies at all.

i used to give a shit..(before i realized how to get into these places)..but now i dont. if i wana go out and dance and bug out ill go to viny or avalon (yes u can wear sneakers)....if i wana go hang out and have a couple of drinks im not gona go to factory or some shit....thats y places like lot61..suite16..flow..etc etc r still around...not everyone is interested in sweatin their nuts off every night.

just to mention...if u cant get into a place in NYC with sneakers on..then something is wrong...every place pretty much lets u in with sneakers as long as u look halfway decent..

btw...i nevvvvvvvvvvver go out with a group of guys..i learned the hardway...and besides im not into swordfights

thats right... you just say you are gay andn oila (sp) --- you are in like flynn ;):laugh: