Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mach3 vs Quattro?

I haven't tried the Quattro yet, but I'm very skeptical. The Schick razors I've tried in the past doesn't compare to any Gilette razor. I do wanna try the Quattro, just to see how it is. Also the price is steeper then the Mach3 also.

Originally posted by elementx

I used to use the Mach 3. But the quatro blows it out of the water. I have never felt more comfortable shaving. And it leaves a nice clean cut... :D

Nice clean cut, as in how... No jagged edges so its easier for the surgeon to stictch it? or clean cut as in nice, clean, and neat.

Some where along the lines I came across a report (done by none of the companies, may be consumer reports?) that after their research determined that there is no real noticeable difference between 3 or 4 blades.

Anyway, word is that gilette is coming with a 4 blade but quartto was on the market 1st and thus like the mach 3 ( which was first with a 3 blade)will be favored b/c of the idea 4 is better than 3.

personally, i really do not think there will a marked differnce between 3 and four blades. I mean really how many blades can you crame into that space?

Originally posted by adrenalinerush

Some where along the lines I came across a report (done by none of the companies, may be consumer reports?) that after their research determined that there is no real noticeable difference between 3 or 4 blades.

Anyway, word is that gilette is coming with a 4 blade but quartto was on the market 1st and thus like the mach 3 ( which was first with a 3 blade)will be favored b/c of the idea 4 is better than 3.

personally, i really do not think there will a marked differnce between 3 and four blades. I mean really how many blades can you crame into that space?

right...pretty soon its gonna be like 10 blades across and for those who try to sculpt their beards, mustaches, or goat's are gonna be in real trouble...:laugh:

Alright, I got the Quattro the other day, and tried it for the first time this morning. I think the biggest negative is that it doesn't glide as smoothly across the face as the Mach3 does. Also found that I had to press harder with the razor then I would have to do with the Mach3. And I had to shave the same spot a few times to make it smooth, and inturn by shaving it over and over again it irritated my skin more. As for the design, better then past schick razors, but still doesn't compare to the Mach3. Mach3, so simplistic and easy to clean. Overall, it's the best Schick razor, but doesn't compare to Gillette's Mach3.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to buck the trend I guess. I prefer using the quattro over the mach 3 to shave. The closeness is nearly equal really(can also be said about the sensor excel which is probably still the best price/value) but the control and the post shave comfort really belongs to the quattro. The handle is better angled yet the blade still hugs the face and your face is close and cool when done. No razor I've used before keeps the face so cool as the 4 blade monster.

I have both the gillette mach 3 and the schick extreme 3. I like the extreme 3 better even though i shave with the mach 3 more often. I like the way the mach 3 pivots but I also like the general feel of the extreme 3 and the rubber grip.

Probably couldn't tell you to go either way. I'm sure it just depends on the shape of your face and how your facial hair grows.

As for quattro. I think 3 blades are sufficient.

I think the Mach 3 glides much more smoothly across my face. You don't have to press hard for it to shave closely which I love. I have sensitive skin and dont wana be going over the same spot over and over.

Love the Mach3 and wouldn't give it up for anything else. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it...

• 1 month later...
Guest johnwt

is with the Mach3 and EdgeSaver!! It is the smoothest most comfotable shave you can get. I have spent the last 7 years trying to find something that would eliminate the cuts and bumps of shaving! You gotta check it out... www.edgesaver.com

I am impressed

• 2 weeks later...

Man. This is a tough one. They both have their pros, but I'm gonna have to go with the Quattro right now. The ergonomics of the handle are a little different and take some getting used, but the closeness of the shave I believe is unrivaled not too mention is seems like the blades last longer. The Mach 3 has a greater surface area and is easier to clean but the big downfall would be it seems like I go through a new blade every week.