Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space 34 and the white sheet

Bling

omfg what an awesome idea they put this white sheet over the entire dance floor and we danced under it. then smoke filled the entire room fuckin awesome..

at first i was like wtf is this old fat guy.. obviously ive never seen Danny T :laugh: so at first i was like this shit sucks but after he dropped that Underworld track he went the fuck off we left at 5 so we barely saw him but what i did see id say he was good. not great like deep dish or lawler great but still good.

that sheet made the nite. what a way for space to go

If you don't know what Danny Tenaglia looks like, you probably have not heard a live set of his. Which means you know nothing about house!!!

And sorry to disappoint but Steve Lawler is no longer the king of tribal house. His last set at Space in April with Zabiela blew!!!

Just bad track selection. Mixing was tight but it was nowhere near thye tribal he originally put down (stuff like his NuBreed cd for GU) or the first Home set album.

It was copied. Those clowns can't come up with anything on their own!!!

I believe it started at Space in Ibiza but I saw it at a club in Athens one summer and then in Mykonos at Cavo Paradiso.

It's sure to please all those amateurs in awe.

All you need to dance is a black room with music. The one club that influenced me more than any other was Vinyl in NYC (Danny Tenaglia's Be Yourself) before the management changed and the NY smoking ban was in effect. A black room with great sound and lighting and people dancing. That's it!!! No hype, no dress code, no glowsticks no cheesy dance acts. Just house music done proper!!!

Will someone in Miami please take a hint???

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrtiddles

any trainspots for DT's set???

he musta played the classic space anthems like Elements, Feel the Love, Touch Me, etc.

elements a "classic space anthem"????????

please listen to that track again...

the first line sez "ladies and gentlemen welcome to the tunnel"

there is no such thing as a "space anthem"

Originally posted by philippio

A black room with great sound and lighting and people dancing. That's it!!! No hype, no dress code, no glowsticks no cheesy dance acts. Just house music done proper!!!

Will someone in Miami please take a hint???

That description matches a few clubs in the area. Nerve, Space 34/whatever it's gonna be called, and a few others.

The dancers are a Miami affectation in general. Even your vaunted New York clubs have club dancers from time to time. I know that sweatbox Vinyl didn't have 'em, but that's beside the point.

Not for nothing, but from my point of view, the dancers aren't all that bad of a thing.

some of the songs i remember

Free Your Mind - Sapphirecut

Finally - KOT

Safe From Harm - Narcotic Thrust

I'll Call You (Thin Red Man Remix) - Soul Mekanik

it was a great party, i left the inside room once, upstairs was a sweatbox and the music that Oscar G was playing was ok but didnt compare to Danny's stellar repertoire..........Danny T even took requests from people :cool:

Originally posted by pod

That description matches a few clubs in the area. Nerve, Space 34/whatever it's gonna be called, and a few others.

The dancers are a Miami affectation in general. Even your vaunted New York clubs have club dancers from time to time. I know that sweatbox Vinyl didn't have 'em, but that's beside the point.

Not for nothing, but from my point of view, the dancers aren't all that bad of a thing.

Thanks pod... It's great to know that all our hard work is appreciated! :kiss2: