Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did anyone see DJ Dan @ Nerve?

ogmiami

Originally posted by saleen351

cp is like this:

1. roland is always sick with maybe a once in a while a post about him being too mellow

2. GA could blow everyone in the crowd and play the set of his life, but cp will always say he's washed up.... makes no sense to me..

3. edgar v is always "omgggggggg i died, sickkkkkkkkkkkk", never once will anyone on here give him a bad review. why?

4. oscar g, gets the praise from board all the time, but cp only hears him when they are waiting for some euro trash dj to come on, or their drugs are keeping their engergy levels up so they hit the patio all the morning and see him, but usually they wish for the euro trash dj to come on.

5. RR gets zero respect and for no good apparent reason. Hes just as good as any dj that plays in miami, including wmc djs

6. MS is really entering the ev zone of clubbing, his sets are always "sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, omggggggggg I died" sucks for MS, he needs to avoid these idiots. They call him a trance dj but he plays little trance! man cp is full of morons...

7. then you have the nerve djs, sick talent but few show up...

1. Roland is an amazing dj that almost always plays well and over the past year he has gotten better and better, but still everyone has an off night.

2. George Acosta gets crapped on not just in this board, but others for the same reasons and I don't get why. Maybe you are tired of the style he plays, but that doesn't mean he is washed up just he has his sound that he sticks to.

3.About Edgar V you are right, I've heard a few times and was never impressed, then again I thought avb sucked when he played opium and when I say anything about that all I get is you must not be into trance anymore so usually don't post any trance reviews up, not just cause of that but also cause it's not often I will go to a trance night.

4. I hear oscar g all the time at space, I've been to oxygen and life each time he has played there in the past year, but yeah crowds were definately not the same for him as when there are euro dj's playing which is not right. Speaking of oscar g when is he playin ft. laudy or hollywood, I read about taht somewhere but completely forgot dates.

5.Markus I can't really comment on cause most the time I hear him is on the radio, his sets at space are 2 late for me and if I'm at space around the time its usually for the patio.

6. Robbie Rivera is just as good as Oscar G in my opinion and only Roland do I prefer over these guys in miami. He does not get much respect and we almost never hear about him, but hopefully some changes are made and I am hoping that he will be nocturnal's main resident dj along with jimmy t. Now that would be :eek:

7.Nerve gets crazy talent all the time, but the past few weeks have not been the guys I'm looking to hear, which is why I have not been there in a bit. Demi will be there soon, hopefully hybrid and infusion come back soon as well.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ogmiami

That's actually a pretty good observation. The funny thing is that you used to be able to get people to want to try new stuff.

Hey hey hey, chill and keep giving us fresh talent especially when nocturnal opens up. :) Some of us do wanna hear new acts or others that never get booked here.

i'm super hard on tsettos on oscar, yet both are in my top 5. Tsettos even told oscar, that for years i was really hard on denny, and oscar some times feels that i shit on him for no good reason. But fact remains, when oscar and denny are on, they are the bomb, but the problem with the EV crowd is, ever set is on! How is that possible? Space would have never brought ms in if edgar was on fire every set. I like edgar, however i hate his tunes, but i pull for him and i hope he does well, but at some point someone must point out the obvious, and that is, you trance guys are the blind leading the bling. EV is turning into a joke on this board, it's rare to see real opinions from peoople who know choons..

cp is like this:

1. roland is always sick with maybe a once in a while a post about him being too mellow

2. GA could blow everyone in the crowd and play the set of his life, but cp will always say he's washed up.... makes no sense to me..

3. edgar v is always "omgggggggg i died, sickkkkkkkkkkkk", never once will anyone on here give him a bad review. why?

4. oscar g, gets the praise from board all the time, but cp only hears him when they are waiting for some euro trash dj to come on, or their drugs are keeping their engergy levels up so they hit the patio all the morning and see him, but usually they wish for the euro trash dj to come on.

5. RR gets zero respect and for no good apparent reason. Hes just as good as any dj that plays in miami, including wmc djs

6. MS is really entering the ev zone of clubbing, his sets are always "sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, omggggggggg I died" sucks for MS, he needs to avoid these idiots. They call him a trance dj but he plays little trance! man cp is full of morons...

Roland over the last few years has emerged as an extremely talented dj. I've seen him blow away some very high priced talent. the terrace is one big party and Roland sets the tempo..Roland in the mainroom, is where he truly comes alive. it is amazing to watch and hear. his sets are almost always on point. any praise he gets he has earned and deserves.

GA is a talented dj. if he is indeed "washed" up that is by his own choice not cp's…

I have been listening to EV for over three years now. I've heard him play everything from trance to house. while some sets are better then others. he has never disappointed me and thats all that matters .. ever hear a EV house set ?? it would leave you speechless...

you have a point concerning OG. however there are tons of non cp people every week going to hear OG. even when there is no "guest" dj booked. that is what matters..the handful of cp people who do show up on a REGULAR basis. are there for OG, Roly, and Markus. which I'm sure they recognize and appreciate. as far as drugs and keeping energy levels up. who the fuck cares. sobriety isn't a perquisite for being able to enjoy or recognize good music.

I agree with your observations concerning RR. it's rather unfortunate.

you know I was one the biggest voices, opposed to MS being the after-hours dj at space. I had heard some of his sets at Maze and was less then impressed. heard a few sets when he got his residency at space, and was still not impressed.

heard a few more at space, and guess what?? they got better. MS found out how to work that mainroom, and his track selection has been tight. MS has been banging out some impressive sets recently. if he enters the "EV Zone" as you call it. well good for him. it beats having NO fan base to draw on.

Originally posted by sobeton

Roland over the last few years has emerged as an extremely talented dj. I've seen him blow away some very high priced talent. the terrace is one big party and Roland sets the tempo..Roland in the mainroom, is where he truly comes alive. it is amazing to watch and hear. his sets are almost always on point. any praise he gets he has earned and deserves.

GA is a talented dj. if he is indeed "washed" up that is by his own choice not cp's…

I have been listening to EV for over three years now. I've heard him play everything from trance to house. while some sets are better then others. he has never disappointed me and thats all that matters .. ever hear a EV house set ?? it would leave you speechless...

you have a point concerning OG. however there are tons of non cp people every week going to hear OG. even when there is no "guest" dj booked. that is what matters..the handful of cp people who do show up on a REGULAR basis. are there for OG, Roly, and Markus. which I'm sure they recognize and appreciate. as far as drugs and keeping energy levels up. who the fuck cares. sobriety isn't a perquisite for being able to enjoy or recognize good music.

I agree with your observations concerning RR. it's rather unfortunate.

you know I was one the biggest voices, opposed to MS being the after-hours dj at space. I had heard some of his sets at Maze and was less then impressed. heard a few sets when he got his residency at space, and was still not impressed.

heard a few more at space, and guess what?? they got better. MS found out how to work that mainroom, and his track selection has been tight. MS has been banging out some impressive sets recently. if he enters the "EV Zone" as you call it. well good for him. it beats having NO fan base to draw on.

:werd:

cp is like this:

1. Roly is always sick..........in the main room.Ive always liked him better in there then on the patio.

2. GA is done.....at least to me he is. Ive seen him in more bad nights then good ones.I think his last set that I attended is my last.

3.EV, its not always omg, I die ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Thats just one person that posts like that and thats the way he feels lol whats wrong with that. Your asking why you never hear a bad review about his sets,why is that what you want to hear? Like I said before I was never dissapointed, so what should I write down? Like dont get me wrong I said it before theres sets that I like beter than others and he doesnt spin the same way in different venues,it depends on the crowd. There were new CP members that attended his sets and had a postive view just like some househeads that were there also a few months back and also had good things to say about him.

4. Oscar G, has to be the best house DJ in the U.S. along with Roly at least to me they are and no I dont see him for the reason that hes spinning before euro trash like you say.I know Oscar can rock it whenever and wherever.I would go see him anytime along with Roland without having a superguest dj the same night.

5. RR realy cant say anything about him cause really never listened to him.

6.MS, LOL what you wrote about that he has to avoid these idiots.Once again why? These peeps love his music, you think MS life is depended on the reviews on what people post here on CP? I dont think so. I also cant say much about MS maybe herd him twice and then a few times on the radio and thats about it. But when I do ask someone on how his set was its been average or better.

7.As for Nerve yes they do bring in awesome talent and only few show up , yes its sad. I wish em the best. I myself said alot of times that I will pass by to check out some of the talent they bring and im a no show,sorry bout that ive been on and off with jobs and makes it difficult for me to go out including to SPACE sorry I meant 34,Crobar, and so on hopefully in the near future I can stop by and show some love. :)

Saleen when your right your right,and I will admitt it, but not everyone sees thing like you or writes reviews the way you would like to see em, but that is life.Not everyone one can be the "SALEEN".(thank god):tongue::laugh:

taken from the Edgar review

"Sorry for the late review, but I don’t post on the weekend. Crobar was sick!! I don’t even like trance but the vibe was great. It was cool to hang out with some of you again and for the first time (MJM420 I owe you a session, Arturo nice pics, Beatfriek and Koky we need to hang out some more! DJM thanks for the CD Bling you are the funniest sober person I have ever met, Lilliz it was a pleasure meeting you, and Crzyc you know you want me LOL) I hope I didn’t forget anyone.

PEACE, SEE EVERYONE ON FRIDAY!!!

MIRZA

it's nice to know atleast there are some people out there who can go out and experience new things and have a good time!!

Bitter.... maybe.... Sounds like some people here will say anything to oppose something they dont like or understand.... very child like... very ignorant

YOU FORGOT HOW TO GO OUT AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Thats what people like to say on this board, what a great time they had... There is absolutley nothing wrong with that and everything wrong with knocking it...

Originally posted by attomic

Bitter.... maybe.... Sounds like some people here will say anything to oppose something they dont like or understand.... very child like... very ignorant

YOU FORGOT HOW TO GO OUT AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Thats what people like to say on this board, what a great time they had... There is absolutley nothing wrong with that and everything wrong with knocking it...

:werd::clap:

I have to say that I agree with Saleen. If we were all a bit more honest and critical (constructive and destructive), it would help filter out all the parties in this town that need to be discontinued and it would also help to promote the good parties. I agree that the dj's that Nerve brings in, sometimes don't get the respect they deserve so they end up spinning in big, mostly empty rooms. I would say that it's because Miami is NEVER ready for a new sound while it is being pioneered. That's why Miami hasn't come up with a "local" style even though it boasts some of the best nightlife in the US. That may, in part, be due to the fact that many tourists who come to experience the nightlife, do not really dig deeper into the music. It's not a bad thing that Miami doesn't have it's own sound. Most cities don't. But I'm getting tired of going to different clubs to party and everyone is playing this "progressive" house sound with not much variety and people begin to think that it has flourished and evolved in Miami.

But when everybody posts that this dj X was so great and that dj Y was so great after every single set they play it makes me sick. Miami should stop fixating on a few local circuit dj's and their silly adventures in clubland. If you just go out to party and don't care how or what the dj plays, then this doesn't really concern you because you're out to enjoy your night! And that's really good!!! But then there's those of us who take music a bit (or much more) seriously. And Miami's nightlife should cater to both. But not by promoting the big dj's (local or guest) and completely neglecting the hidden talent of some dj's who may not yet have the stuff it takes to "rock the terrace at 34" (unfortunately, that seems to be the standard criterion in Miami lately). But in most other cities, small time dj's are the ones who can afford to be more ecclectic but they are also the ones willing to dig deeper into their record boxes to find a slice of quality vinyl that the big dj wouldn't normally play. That's what pioneering music is. That's how Danny Tenaglia and so many others made it. They took obscure records and turned the crowd onto them (e.g: Saint Etienne's Cool Kids of Death was played by DT in Athens right before the GU cd and initially, people were a bit dumbfounded). And he still does it today! Every dj started out small and unknown. Some promoters in Miami now understand this. The true dj's job is to guidingly steer an energized crowd through a night of music by playing tracks that aren't immediately obvious and by fusing them together not always by relying on their similarities but also their disparity (e.g: Lee Burridge and Mark Farina).

Please stop the countless raving reviews about dj's who do not deserve all that hype and be honest enough to place the compliments on the true dj's that actually deserve them!

yo philippio, the problem is not with the trance fans, they actually go see the dj's they like !!! and write about them !!!, the problem is with the people, like Saleen, who say they like house but refer to Dj's like Yousef as Eurotrash, when they play awesome house (or west coast DJ's west coast trash, west coast pumps out some of the best house !). How many people did you see @ the Yousef party that actually went to see Yousef ????. the supposed "house lovers" don't really know the music, they just know the anthems they play in mynt or privee or the northeastener that will only listen to NY DJ's. as for the DJ's he mentioned, I've seen roland come a long way ! at this point he plays very very good, can rival alot of big names !, Oscar G. is a super technical DJ who is very well known internationally (when I went to Ibiza in June, loads of germans, Spaniards, British and Dutch knew his music, and didn't even know space in Miami existed !!!, we have one of the top knotch dj's worldwide in our backyard, where's the support, and I DO GO HEAR OSCAR G without any big DJ in town). Even though I really like house, George Acosta does a good job, in England he's well known and the Brits, unlike Miamians, take their electronica very seriously (has CD with Ministry Of Sound, that's no small feat). As far as Edgar V is concerned, if he packs the place, and has a loyal following than he's obviously doing something right !, I really dig it when DJ's spin vynil but hey, the guy likes cd's, Oh well !!!

Originally posted by philippio

Please stop the countless raving reviews about dj's who do not deserve all that hype and be honest enough to place the compliments on the true dj's that actually deserve them!

yes.. please stop the countless raving reviews.please be sure inject some type of negativity into your reviews. if gives your review more creditability. don't acknowledge the fact the DJ may have actually been good. if they are bad please don't exercise any form of tactfulness. your bashing them on CP. will surely do wonders for your popularity on CP. make sure to stick to one genre of music. this way you can criticize every other one you don't like and the people who may enjoy them. on occasion be sure to inject some obscure dj names. so this way your sure to impress people, with you deep musical knowledge. make sure you bash the scene at every opportunity you get. if you really want your review to standout... be sure to say club X sucks. dropping a few well know names makes for good CP copy!

then sit on your ass… read about people out having fun... most of whom who could really to give two shits about your opinion.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I went to see Yousef. He played a great set. But there were maybe 10 people there who understood what it was all about.

For the record, I do not always agree with all of Saleen's opinions. I have my own and I can express them in whichever way I choose.

Sobeton: I do not see the point in writing a 100% positive review after every single set dj X does at Club Z. It's like the wolf and sheep story. Sheep cries wolf when there's really none. Then the wolf shows up and the shepherd ignores the sheep's cries thinking it's a joke.

I definitely DO NOT sit at home all night. I go out pretty much all the time. The way I see it, by moderating, you're the one who sits in front of your PC all night!

I truly apologize for knowing some things about house music. I'll try to forget them immediately. If it fucking pisses you off that Saleen and I and whoever else have the balls to say what we're thinking and post it, then deal with it!!!

If you want to run a messageboard that is informative, you need to accept various perspectives and opinions. I, for one, am very happy to read a review that points out the negatives and the positives that made a party what it was. But if someone's idea of a review is: oh my god! dj X was great last night, period, they'll hear a piece of me! They're just asking for it. Learn to be fucking critical, people. Question everything and do not take anything at face value. Criticize the lights, the bar service, talk about the crowd (how responsive were they to the music), talk about the tracks that were played (cohesion, continuity, juxtaposition, mixing style, special effects, etc). Suggest how the night could have been better (i.e. by tossing Edgar V out and throwing in someone serious like Hybrid, or Nick Holder or Cevin Fisher or Christopher Lawrence or Grandmaster Flash or Sven Vath, etc). Yeah, you like that name dropping???

Originally posted by philippio

Yeah, I went to see Yousef. He played a great set. But there were maybe 10 people there who understood what it was all about.

For the record, I do not always agree with all of Saleen's opinions. I have my own and I can express them in whichever way I choose.

Sobeton: I do not see the point in writing a 100% positive review after every single set dj X does at Club Z. It's like the wolf and sheep story. Sheep cries wolf when there's really none. Then the wolf shows up and the shepherd ignores the sheep's cries thinking it's a joke.

I definitely DO NOT sit at home all night. I go out pretty much all the time. The way I see it, by moderating, you're the one who sits in front of your PC all night!

I truly apologize for knowing some things about house music. I'll try to forget them immediately. If it fucking pisses you off that Saleen and I and whoever else have the balls to say what we're thinking and post it, then deal with it!!!

If you want to run a messageboard that is informative, you need to accept various perspectives and opinions. I, for one, am very happy to read a review that points out the negatives and the positives that made a party what it was. But if someone's idea of a review is: oh my god! dj X was great last night, period, they'll hear a piece of me! They're just asking for it. Learn to be fucking critical, people. Question everything and do not take anything at face value. Criticize the lights, the bar service, talk about the crowd (how responsive were they to the music), talk about the tracks that were played (cohesion, continuity, juxtaposition, mixing style, special effects, etc). Suggest how the night could have been better (i.e. by tossing Edgar V out and throwing in someone serious like Hybrid, or Nick Holder or Cevin Fisher or Christopher Lawrence or Grandmaster Flash or Sven Vath, etc). Yeah, you like that name dropping???

putting your rhetoric aside.. ;) if people went out and had a 100% positive experience. then they should say that. if the experience wasn't 100%, then they should say that as well. I respect your opinion. although IMO it is a bit jaded. the opinions of yourself and Saleen don't piss me off. if you really want to know what pisses me off. it's when people believe there opinion takes precedence, over everyone else. who are you judge validity someone’s experience? if someone writes a glowing or abbreviated review. that was there personal experience and choice. you really need to understand and respect that IMO.

most people I know. go out to a club to dance, hear good beats, get crazy, and enjoy the company of their friends. the lights, crowd, bar service, etc. are simply a part of the experience. why dwell on things which are so minimal. in the general scheme of things, and most of which you have no control over. I believe the focus should really be on. enjoying the music you like, enjoying the company of your friends, and having the best time you can possibly have.

our scene is not perfect by any means. however I choose to focus on the positive aspects. IMO negativity is not going to foster a change.

Originally posted by sobeton

putting your rhetoric aside.. ;) if people went out and had a 100% positive experience. then they should say that. if the experience wasn't 100%, then they should say that as well. I respect your opinion. although IMO it is a bit jaded. the opinions of yourself and Saleen don't piss me off. if you really want to know what pisses me off. it's when people believe there opinion takes precedence, over everyone else. who are you judge validity someone’s experience? if someone writes a glowing or abbreviated review. that was there personal experience and choice. you really need to understand and respect that IMO.

most people I know. go out to a club to dance, hear good beats, get crazy, and enjoy the company of their friends. the lights, crowd, bar service, etc. are simply a part of the experience. why dwell on things which are so minimal. in the general scheme of things, and most of which you have no control over. I believe the focus should really be on. enjoying the music you like, enjoying the company of your friends, and having the best time you can possibly have.

our scene is not perfect by any means. however I choose to focus on the positive aspects. IMO negativity is not going to foster a change.

Exactly.............. :aright:

if someone's idea of a review is: oh my god! dj X was great last night, period, they'll hear a piece of me! They're just asking for it. Learn to be fucking critical, people. Question everything and do not take anything at face value. Criticize the lights, the bar service, talk about the crowd (how responsive were they to the music), talk about the tracks that were played (cohesion, continuity, juxtaposition, mixing style, special effects, etc). Suggest how the night could have been better (i.e. by tossing Edgar V out and throwing in someone serious like Hybrid, or Nick Holder or Cevin Fisher or Christopher Lawrence or Grandmaster Flash or Sven Vath, etc). Yeah, you like that name dropping???

It seems to me like you're a little conflicted. Believe it or not some people actually love Edgar V. When they write those reviews it's because that's their honest opinion. Why is it less valid than yours? Why do you think that someone who loves what Edgar plays knows nothing?

I've been in the club business for a long time and had a huge part in pioneering the serious music scene here in Miami. The truth is that most people who go out on a Saturday night don't know shit about Dance Music. All they want is some fun. What you fail to understand is that clubs exist for everyone's enjoyment, not just the musically educated. I've done every show from the biggest of names to the super talented guy who has never had a gig and I can tell you that there is always someone who loves it and always someone who hates it....is one of them right?

Let me guess........

You're 21 years old

You just started clubbing yet you believe you know everything

You spend most of your time at the clubs talking about how much they suck and what you would do to make it better

If you ran a club, it would put Space out of business because you really know good music.

The only good dance music is the dance music you say is good

How far off am I? The glowing reviews don't hurt the scene. What hurts the scene is people like you with your narrow-minded refusal to accept anyone's opinions as valid unless they are aligned with yours.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ogmiami

When they write those reviews it's because that's their honest opinion. Why is it less valid than yours? Why do you think that someone who loves what Edgar plays knows nothing?

i'll tell you exactly what it's less valid... MS and EV and every trance dj on earth is trying to get away from the trance label. They are all now saying, they play progressive house with some trance...

Trance fans don't know the difference between trance and progressive house.. :idea:

Also i'd like to point out, that I know i can do a better job packing clubs then some current clubs, however putting space out of business is a stretch and i'll leave that for the DEA however I can say for sure, that the scene is in really bad shape.

some facts:

nerve will close

maze will close

mansion won't be a house scene so it doesn't matter

crobar isn't a club

privilege will close

life will close

NV if smart would close, and reopen when nocturnal is done.

miami is a 2 club town come jan...

so when we talk about the scene, i ask my self "what scene?"

only scene i see is the channel 7 news crew on the scene of some shooting in sobe....

thats why I value Phillip's opinion...because he has one!

too many dj's in this town. everyone thinks they are a great dj.

I heard Phillip spin for 6 hours at a house party last weekend. He was far better than some dj's who I wont name who spin regularly at clubs....

please add one more post to my post total...lol

c

some facts:

nerve will close

maze will close

mansion won't be a house scene so it doesn't matter

crobar isn't a club

privilege will close

life will close

NV if smart would close, and reopen when nocturnal is done.

Pessimistic, ain't u? Privilege is not even open and its closing in your opinion. I hope these clubs stay open, but chances are you are actually right. Nerve was amazing for a couple of weeks packing it in for demi, jigga, lee, and hybrid. Now i have no idea how they have been doing as i have not been there since that time, but nov.7th im there. Maze, well I think it'll close as well but hopefully not for stryke. Crobar can be very good, hopefully they book some great talent for the future. Life, has the best locals playing every friday night but I think maybe it would have done better up in laudy. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me coconut grove crowd goes out for same reasons laudy crowd goes out. Just more peeps in laudy and more importantly more people that are not as close to the beach or downtown to hear those locals. Would love to see that house of life party move up 2 laudy though again, I know way 2 little about the "scene" up there to know if it would work. Nv if smart would promote their nights instead of letting everybody find out at the last second what is going on in their club. I can't believe nobody knew till the day of the event that chus and ceballos were playing or when it happened with scott bond and darude.

Crobar is not a club ? Crobar is one of the nicest clubs world wide !, saleen, don't even compare crobar to anything in NYC or even worse jersey shoreline. There are plenty of new Yorkers that consider Cropbar one of the best in the NATION !.