Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Change: Junior's Manager Speaks:

Show Message

Name: Jerome

Subject: Junior's Residency

Date: 11/10/2003 12:16:56 AM

Thank you all for your positive feedback about Junior's potential future residency at the Sound Factory. As both an avid factory kid myself from early 1990 until closing night in February 1995 AND as Junior's manager for the past five years, I feel like it's a disservice to Junior for me to not have done everything possible to orchestrate a reunion between the very best club in the world and the very best DJ in the world. No one produces events like Richard Grant, and no one operates a club with Mr. Grant's passion and control.

I must EMPHASIZE it is premature to say that there is a firm deal for Junior to be BACK at the Factory every Saturday night/Sunday morning as of yet, but it is the full intention of Junior and his company/staff to make this happen. It's a relief to me and our staff that FINALLY the burden of producing events worthy of Junior can be in the hands of the only person in whose hands we trust doing so (Richard Grant + The Factory's hands, of course), so our energies can return to ensuring that Junior's studio work and label and radio show and other enterprises are handled responsibly.

Once the deal is finalized, you'll hear it here first.

Kudos to the Factory, its owners and management (and to my often stubborn client) for all seeing eye to eye again. Prepare for the second coming - and MUZIK MUZIK MUZIK.

Jerome Farley

****There you have it, it's in the works. Finalization should be next. wow, wow, wow!!!

Originally posted by killyaself

Honestly Junior is done .... he is commin back to SF just to ruin it. garuntee the club goes under this year. JP made SF what it is n now just cause junior wants it back he gets it wat a bunch of dicks. RIP factory ... its done

jp may have made factory what it is..a crack den with semi decent music like once a month...his sets r long..boring..and full o' filler..

if u can say vasquez is DONE..or anywhere near done ur crazy..the guy is amazing..and im a recent convert due to my girlfriend who has been a junior fan for so long...

i cant wait for him to start blowin nyc away on a weekly basis

well, you have to understand, those saying jp made factory what it is....are probably too young to realize the real history.

Most dj's and producers can tell you that, most strive to be the legend junior is....and you will find most of them at his parties when they become regular, again.

Not for nothing, but I have 0 respect for Junior. DJ Skills aside, the guy has made a carrear out of being a backstabbing sneaky peice ofshit. And I do mean PEICE OF SHIT!!!!! First he scumbags the residency @ Twilo from Tenaglia. Now SF from JP. I'm just hoping the old saying "What goes around,comes around.." rings true in this case.... Oh wait... Doesn't he have HIV???? Guess so. I hope they plant that asshole soon. Fuck You Junior. You peice of shit!!!!:blown:

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by djgrod

Not for nothing, but I have 0 respect for Junior. DJ Skills aside, the guy has made a carrear out of being a backstabbing sneaky peice ofshit. And I do mean PEICE OF SHIT!!!!! First he scumbags the residency @ Twilo from Tenaglia. Now SF from JP. I'm just hoping the old saying "What goes around,comes around.." rings true in this case.... Oh wait... Doesn't he have HIV???? Guess so. I hope they plant that asshole soon. Fuck You Junior. You peice of shit!!!!:blown:

WOW G, thats a little harsh!!!! Now I know how much you love JP, but DAMN!!!!!:eek:

D- You have no idea..... This one has got me heated!!! I'd fully embrace JV @ SF if it was done the right way.. Hell I'd even brave the crowd and go listen to the guy. BUT- He didn't do it the right way, he was a sneaky peice of shit- (AGAIN). And he ruined what Jonathan has worked for a long time to create. That shit ain't cool....

Guest shortyrockrox

I don't know what has transpired between JV, JP and RG but I do know that the crowd that was SF will no longer be. Someone else said this before in another post, but I'm going to repeat it and say that I thought JV only wanted gay men at his parties. I went to twilo a few times, and I wasn't treated very nicely.

G at least we have Victor Calderone at CroBar anyway now on Saturdays, I'm too old to be staying out all hours of the afternoon anyway:itsok:

maybe JP will do a few Saturdays at Crobar???? That would be nice...

D- You have no idea..... This one has got me heated!!! I'd fully embrace JV @ SF if it was done the right way.. Hell I'd even brave the crowd and go listen to the guy. BUT- He didn't do it the right way, he was a sneaky peice of shit- (AGAIN). And he ruined what Jonathan has worked for a long time to create. That shit ain't cool....

Let me just ask, how do you know exactly how things went down. I assume you heard from someone who heard from someone, who heard from a very reliable source who is friends with jps brother in law, or something along those lines.

How else do you think it went down... Do you think JP just handed over his residency to JR with a pat on the back and a good luck- have fun????? Or was it conspired behind JP's back to bring JR back to SF. Chances are RG didn't ask Jonathan for his input... Or am I wrong?????

Are you kidding me........You obvioiusly don't know JP that well either.

ASK Eddie Baez, JP's former partner, who backstabbed who?

You won't see a mention of JP in that article, wonder why???

http://www.outlet**********/DJ/archives/000015.html

Get your facts together. Wasn't Teneglia at Twilo on Friday's originally?

Some REAL history:

http://www.jahsonic.com/JuniorVasquez.html

The Article....no mention of JP whom he started out with, WHY...cuz if you have nothing nice to say about your former partner....don't say anything at all......(backstabbing??)

DJ EDDIE BAEZ - BIKER-BOY TURNED SUPERSTAR DJ

Ranked today among the top of the after-hour party deejays, Eddie Baez, also an established songwriter, remixer and producer credited with six #1 Billboard songs including Toni Braxton's "I Don't Want To" and Kristine W's "Sweet Mercy Me", started out fixing motorcycles for a living.

"I was a motorcycle mechanic for ten years before I got into the club scene," recalls Baez, who is also not afraid to admit he'll don a pair of leather biker chaps every once in a while (when the situation calls for it). "It was the early nineties. I had just moved from Brooklyn to Manhattan and I was frequenting all the hot dance clubs of the day: The Red Zone, Sound Factory, Garage. I was like a kid in an amusement park, captivated by the energy of the crowd and the power of the music. I listened to the great mix-masters, Frankie (Knuckles) and Junior (Vasquez) and I thought, 'I could do that!'. So I sold my motorcycles, bought turntables and records and worked my ass off to find my sound."

Baez enrolled in night classes at Manhattan's Center for Media Arts, with a focus on music programming. Meanwhile, he worked on perfecting his skills by throwing parties for his friends in his loft above the mechanics workshop and booking occasional small gigs. "I played anywhere I could find an audience," he says.

The hard work paid off. Eddie soon landed weekly DJ gigs at Supper Club and the popular Lower East Side after-hours club Save the Robots. "Back then, there weren't many options for the late night partiers so Save the Robots attracted everyone - black, white, straight and gay. It was it's own harmonious enclave where everyone accepted everyone for who they were and the only thing that mattered was having a good time."

His big break came on New Years Eve, 1997 when he beat out over two thousand other DJs and was appointed to the coveted booth at New York City's Sound Factory. Baez was an immediate sensation; thrilling crowds with his hard mix of New York style tribal and vocal house. "I consider Sound Factory the house that Frankie Knuckles built. It was an honor to follow in his footsteps."

The biggest honor, however, was yet to come. Impressed by the large following Eddie had accumulated, New York Club impresario Peter Gatien offered Baez a sub-residency at Limelight and a Friday night residency at the prized gem of all New York after-hours clubs at the time, the infamous Tunnel. "How can I describe my nights at Tunnel except to say it was pure magic," explains Eddie with an air of gleeful nostalgia. "The space, the crowd, the vibe - everything just came together, and with it came amazing opportunity. It really expanded my audience beyond New York and even the US. It literally put me on the map as a DJ."

Eddie Baez was now booking gigs and acquiring residencies in Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, San Francisco as well as Tokyo and Osaka, Japan. Back in New York, he made frequent appearances at Roxy and was offered another residency at the mega-size Club Exit. Then in October 2000, Eddie Baez released his first full-length compilation mix CD from Logic records, Eddie Baez Volume 1.

Eddie Baez Volume 1 proved to be one more in what was by this time a long laundry list of success he was experiencing in the studio. His songs were consistently charting on Billboard's Top Ten including remixes of Miss Jane's "It's A Fine Day," Whitney Houston's "Love Will Save The Day", Sandra Bernhardt's "On The Runway", and Demi Moore's "Gift of Love." He achieved #1 with Toni Braxton and Kristine W as well as Hannah Jones' "You Only have To Say You Love Me", Joi Cardwell's "Run To You", and Jocelyn Enriques' "A Little Bit of Ecstasy."

Today, Eddie Baez continues to be a formidable force in the studio and the DJ booth. Aside from his continuous touring, he is currently working on several original tracks and a second CD compilation for Logic Records, which will be released April, 2003. He is also the co-founder of the new online record label, www.themusicishere.com, an mp3 based website which is set to launch February 2003.

It's been a long road traveled from the small motorcycle mechanics workshop he started in. But when asked how long he plans to continue DJing, it's clear the biker's heart is still in him. As if he's sitting atop a roaring Harley, he answers in a grizzly metal tone: "'Til I die."

Yea- I'm not going to deny it. But you know what. Jonathan took over when Eddie was not doing well... And don't say JP wasn't doing well cause that is 110% BULLSHIT. That was a buisness move. This was not. This is a promotional stunt. Factory would have closed if Baez was left in as resident.. end of story. They weren't doing the numbers. Last time I checked JP was doing JUST FINE. As for Jonathan and Eddie.. They are doing well enough that Jonathan was @ Eddies B-Day party this year. Doing something one time for the good of your carrear is one thing. To repeatedly steal other people's jobs is another. Junior swiped Danny's job @ Twilo too. It's a fact look it up.

Originally posted by shortyrockrox

I don't know what has transpired between JV, JP and RG but I do know that the crowd that was SF will no longer be. Someone else said this before in another post, but I'm going to repeat it and say that I thought JV only wanted gay men at his parties. I went to twilo a few times, and I wasn't treated very nicely.

G at least we have Victor Calderone at CroBar anyway now on Saturdays, I'm too old to be staying out all hours of the afternoon anyway:itsok:

maybe JP will do a few Saturdays at Crobar???? That would be nice...

I hate to tell you this but Victor Calderone has a huge gay following also.

But it's not an all-gay crowd. JV is.

You are correct sir! Calderone is trying to change his sound and style to bring in a more diversified crowd. He's said it in interviews past that he wants to get away from the circuit parties so that more people feel welcome at his gigs. Never have I ever had a problem at one of Vic's parties. The gay men there welcomed me with open arms and I pretty much always went there solo.

As for Junior, I've seen him a few times and also seen him get on the mic and say, "All you fish (ie women) leave and go to Factory". His crowd generally tries to push the women out - and that's simply being said from experience.

Maybe Junior is looking to "change" as well. His Jersey set kind of makes me think there's hope for his female followers but only time will tell. Either way, whoopdeedoo! I got Calderone on a bi-monthly session and that's ALL a girl can ask for! :D

Guest shortyrockrox

Yes- CroBar is gonna be funnnnnn!!!:D

Too old for AfterHours???? Wasn't afterhours invented @ your Summer House???;) Stop spending so much time with the boy.. Your getting too damn COLD!!!!!!!:nono:

We didn't invent it, we just perfected it!!!!!!

I love the gays as long as they aren't bitches!!! like I said before, JV's following is very anti-snatch!!! :laugh: