Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Do you think of DJ Louie Devito?

WTF are you people talking about. I mean look at all the great reviews of underground dance party 5 on Amazon.com. :laugh:

Spotlight Reviews

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

Somewhat Hoped For Better, November 15, 2002

Reviewer: ALEX (see more about me) from New York, New York

Well, I own every Louie Devito cd, and I absolutely love all of them, including this one. But i think because of all the hype on the radio stations, i expected too much. It's a great cd, dont get me wrong. It has some of THE BEST tracks out there. Just like with all of Louie's stuff, the songs you dont know WILL be popular soon. I really cant pin what was wrong with it, but it seems like it just "didn't do it" for me. It's still a great cd by any measure and i reccomend it 100%

Great CD, June 24, 2003

Reviewer: A music fan from Bronx, NY United States

Awesome CD. The compilation of songs are great although I think the second CD has better songs on it. This is the kind of CD you could put on at a party and not have to constantly change CD's for the best songs. Overall, a good choice for a dance music fan.

Huge trance fan of Louie Devito and any other djs., June 18, 2003

Reviewer: Steve (see more about me) from Rowley, MA USA

This cd is awesome, its great for clubbing and parties, there are a few ones that were terribly mixed but most of all Louie did a great job on this NYC Album. I recommend this cd for anyone who has listened to the previous NYC Albums and liked them because this one is just as good as any other! I Hope Louie comes out with a 6th NYC, i cant wait untill he does.

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

PARTY IT UP!!, June 10, 2003

Reviewer: A music fan from BLOOMFIELD, NJ USA

I AM A LOUIE DEVITO 'CLOSET FAN'. I HAVE TOO MANY DJ FRIENDS IN THE INDUSTRY THAT WOULD DISAGREE WITH ME, BUT I THINK THAT LOUIE DEVITO DOES A GREAT JOB WITH HIS MIXES. I LOOK FORWARD TO HIS UP COMING CD'S ALL THE TIME.

I THINK THAT 'IN YOUR EYES', 'SAFE FROM HARM', 'AT THE END' 'GOIN THRU IT' AND 'I DON'T WANT U' ARE JUST EXCELLENT SONGS AND TO HAVE THEM ALL IN ONE CD IS JUST GREAT. I WOULDN'T OF MINDED AT ALL IF HE LEFT OUT 'DARK BEAT' AND 'SHINY DISCO BALLS'...I AM JUST SICK OF THOSE SONGS. AND THE 'L'ITALIANO' SONG IS JUST HORRIBLE.

THIS CD WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MY FRIENDS AND I LISTENED TO FOR A WHILE...IT BEGAN AND ENDED A LOT OF OUR PARTIES. ALL HIS 'NYC UNDERGROUND PARTY' CD'S ARE A HIT AND SO IS THIS ONE.

I STILL HAVE TO SAY THAT NO ONE ROCKS LIKE JONATHAN PETERS DOES!!

Do NOT SKIP THIS CD, March 27, 2003

Reviewer: myklmysterious (see more about me) from Baltimore

One of the hottest dance cd's of the season - for Disc 1 song 12 and 13 are worth the price of the CD. Somebody needs to get a clue. Fun after-hours dance music.

Refreshing, Tracks you won't hear just anywhere, January 11, 2003

Reviewer: Joshua Brown (see more about me) from Muncie, IN United States

I liked the 2 disc set, has several Jonathan Peters' songs (that man is a genius) along with several songs I have not heard before. Good 2 disc set! A Definite buy if you've been outta the dance loop for a while --J

Good for the Gym, January 10, 2003

Reviewer: lissapissa (see more about me) from Bristol, CT United States

I've recently been enjoying "dance" music. I love bringing this cd to the gym because its upbeat and keeps me going, and i'm only annoyed by one song, L'Italiano whatever, that's why i'm giving the set four stars and not five. The cd set has vocals in it, so if you're the kinda person who needs to sing along, this one could work for ya.

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful:

Wait this one out, December 20, 2002

Reviewer: A music fan from NJ- United States

This has a couple of good dance songs on it that you are likely to hear at a club. If you can get over the cheese of L'Italiano...

There are a couple of good underground hits, but a lot of radio stuff. I probably would not have bought it if I had heard it from a friend first. There are a lot of repeat songs that are found on other current DJ Cd's so read the track listings before you buy.

This is the best cd ever made by Louie DeVito, December 9, 2002

Reviewer: Mie Dagone from Seattle

This disc hs the best songs ever made. I got the disc for L'Italiano but i listined to the other tracks and they are the BEST! GET IT!!

What Happened ? Stick to One CD, December 8, 2002

Reviewer: Neil Humphreys from New York

I have bought every Louie CD that he has brought out and the 4 previous I can say we fantastic not the deep Trance music but very good dance tracks mixed together with great artistry. Then 5 came out....two Cd's...oh well lets try it. Was very disappointed in Comparison to the last four ...terrible. On its own if you have never bought a Devito CD...pass on this one and buy 3 or 4 instead.

LOUIE DEVITO MAKES ANOTHER BANGIN' CD, December 7, 2002

Reviewer: matt poust from PHILLIDELPHIA, PA USA

This Cd is off the hook, This is one of his best cd's. Every cd gets better and better. can't beat the 2 cd deal for less the 20$. For a guy who is in his 30's he can really mix up up some of the best music out. I recomend this cd to any one who likes techno. If you dont like this cd you dont know good music when you hear it. Buy the cd and I know you will leave a simalur review.

Could be better !!, December 7, 2002

Reviewer: Jeff Long from Philadelphia, Pa USA

I have a lot to say about this album, but all I am going to say is ONE DISC. This would be the best one of the series if you take a select few songs from both discs and put them on one. Louie you tried to hard this time, less is more. A big fan of Louie Devito

nyc 5 another for the collection, December 6, 2002

Reviewer: Michael from West Warwick, Ri usa

this is a great two cd set that will keep you partying for hours and it is another hot cd from louie devito where there is not one song on the cd that isnot good like other artists and dj's

5 F's, November 21, 2002

Reviewer: Gerald Pieper from New York

I give this album 5 F's. Formidable, Fantastic, Futuristic, Focused and Fresh. Being a classically trained electric violinist and having played Carnegie Hall and the White House in my youth, makes me a harsh critic. I first heard these cuts driving home in the wee weekend morning hours coming home from gigs, and suddenly I wasn't tired anymore. This album is full of rich texture and steady rhythms, pleasing and uplifting. Cuddos, or rather Fuddos to Louie Devito. Buy it!

6 of 9 people found the following review helpful:

Louie Devito Doesn't Dissapoint with his latest Mix!, November 9, 2002

Reviewer: barrycrist (see more about me) from Hallandale, Florida United States

This latest double cd is the fifth installment of Louie Devito's popular "N.Y.C. Underground Party" series. First off, the mixing is excellent and Louie cranks up the bpm's on a number of songs to give them that extra punch. Disc One consists of house, progressive and tribal oriented tracks. The first five songs are the best of the bunch with Reina's latest "No One's Gonna Change You", and Narcotic Thrust's "Safe From Harm" being my favorites. The rest of disc one focuses on tribal and progressive songs, such as "Wonderland" by The Psychedelic Waltons, "The Crowd Song" by Rhythm Gangsta and "Goin' Thru It" by Jonathan Peters which are excellent. Track fourteen which isn't listed (at least on my copy) is a short "NYC Underground Party Vol. 5 Megamix" of songs contained on disc one . Disc Two starts out with some popular trance songs such as Lasgo's "Alone", Marc Et Claude's smash "Tremble", 4 Strings "Take Me Away (Into The Night)"and DJ Encore featuring Engelica's "Walking In The Sky", etc. More great songs on the second disc are "Trippin'" by Oris Jay Presents Delsena, and "Addicted To Bass" by Puretone. Again as in the first disc there's another short megamix of all the songs contained on disc 2 courtesy of Bad Boy Bill. Louie Devito doesn't dissapoint with his latest mix. Highly recommended!

great songs, November 9, 2002

Reviewer: opamg (see more about me) from chill town, new jersey

from top to bottom the compilation have all hits and no fillers!!

0 of 2 people found the following review helpful:

MY FAVORITE DANCE MUSIC CD EVER!, November 8, 2002

Reviewer: soundfactornyc from NJ, USA

OMG IF U LIKE TECHNO / HOUSE / DANCE MUSIC...THAN YOU WILL ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THIS 2 CD SET!

8 of 9 people found the following review helpful:

BEST DANCE CD IN THE WORLD!!, November 6, 2002

Reviewer: A music fan from Paramus, NJ USA

I bought this album because a friend of mine is a huge dance fan and plays Louie Devito CDs all the time. I only got it for the one song (L'Italiano) that they play all the time on the radio but the rest of the CD is amazing. It is not like a regular dance mix where the songs are so obscure that you don't even know them. It is 2 CDs worth of cool songs that are playing in the clubs and are remixed so that everyone will want to own it. I definitely recommend this CD to dance fans but also people who aren't fans of dance music will enjoy this CD too. If I had to sum up this Cd in one phrase: "IT IS A FUNKY, SEXY CD THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO OWN!!!"

i dont really care for him

if he wants to spin commerial ktu stuff to make money hey iam not gonna hate but i just hate how he still calls his cds

"nyc underground"

there is nothin underground about the songs that are on there

there all on the radio so he should really change the name

I bought this album because a friend of mine is a huge dance fan and plays Louie Devito CDs all the time. I only got it for the one song (L'Italiano) that they play all the time on the radio but the rest of the CD is amazing. It is not like a regular dance mix where the songs are so obscure that you don't even know them. It is 2 CDs worth of cool songs that are playing in the clubs and are remixed so that everyone will want to own it. I definitely recommend this CD to dance fans but also people who aren't fans of dance music will enjoy this CD too. If I had to sum up this Cd in one phrase: "IT IS A FUNKY, SEXY CD THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO OWN!!!"

NOW THAT IS FUNNY

WHOEVER WROTE THIS IS A REAL WINNER!

Originally posted by buredf

NOW THAT IS FUNNY

WHOEVER WROTE THIS IS A REAL WINNER!

Funky AND sexy!!

Well dam, now I am intruiged! Hand over the cheese ;)

whoever writes these reviews of devito obviously knows jack shit about techno, these people love his cds because they hear these songs for the first time when anyone who knows about techno had these songs on there computer a year ago...... My review is if u think louie devito is good:hang: