Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Circuits vs Free Weights

radioxkiss

Personally I use the machines at the end of my workouts to give the muscle a little more of a burn. And also do more concentrated sets on the machines.

Like when doing chest. I will do my Incline, decline, Incline and one day I will do dumbell flyes at various angles.

Another day I will replace the flyes with cable crossovers. And another day I will replace that with the Pec Deck and Hammer Strength machines. Etc... Etc...

I like to mix both machines and free weights into every workout.

But there is never a time I strictly do one over the other. :D

The reason why free weights build quality muscle at such a more rapid pace is because of balance. If you take the balancing portion out of lifting, you're basically taking away half of what muscles have to accomplish to be fully worked. They will solidify and cut up muscles, but will not build much mass. Machines should be used in work outs strictly as a burner set......nothing more.

just some food for thought

• 1 year later...

Been working out steady for a while now and i've built a real good base. Meaning ive turned a lot of fat into muscle, but now im looking to shred it and tone up a little more. In order to do this should i switch from free weights to circuit training or just switch to light weight/more reps?

I know cardio is key, so i'm keeping up with that as well. :punch: