Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lost items in the coat check...

trancerxn112

Originally posted by trancerxn112

I was at Savannah last night and those <explicative deleted> lost my <explicative deleted> brand new leather jacket... it was 2 weeks old... anyone else have a similar experience... how did it turn out?

omg thats horrible!!!

the only thing that the was lost in the coat check was my umbrella

as it was ridiculously raining outside

and i had to walk 10 blocks

at 6 in the morning

wow that really wasnt a pleasant experience.....:blank:

I was at Savannah last night and those <explicative deleted> lost my <explicative deleted> brand new leather jacket... it was 2 weeks old... anyone else have a similar experience... how did it turn out?

Damn that SUXX :mad3:

I never lost anything, but that year of the Carl Cox show at South Street Seaport, where it was a mob scene at the coat check, I was afraid of losing my gear.

PS< how was savannah? i couldn't go. finances :no:

that is complete bullshit. i bet there is a sign that says they are not responsible too. i would be so pissed off, i can tell you are but i would really lose it. i would have lost it on whoever was in charge and demanded to speak to the manager!! that is a nightmare.

lol its definately not lost... :idea:

i really cant give you an unbiased opinion of the place... ill never go there again... well ill go back their one more time on monday to demand payment and if not then the next time they'll see me will be in court

wouldnt your legal fees exceed the cost of the jacket by a few times???

most likely if you didnt make a stink there at that moment and fill out paperwork chances theyll prolly brush you off...

Originally posted by somebitch

that is complete bullshit. i bet there is a sign that says they are not responsible too. i would be so pissed off, i can tell you are but i would really lose it. i would have lost it on whoever was in charge and demanded to speak to the manager!! that is a nightmare.

I did speak with the manager... i was fighting with them to put it in writing that they lost my jacket... from 3:10 to about 4:40... the guy even had the fucking audacity to say, "ill refund your 3$ for the coat check." I was very calm... they lost some other girls jacket and she fucking lost it... (no pun intended) she started ripping all the jackets off the hooks yelling she was gonna piss and shit on every one of them until they find her jacket... she went ape shit :laugh: those signs that say they are not responsible are bullshit.

Originally posted by dgmodel

lol its definately not lost... :idea:

wouldnt your legal fees exceed the cost of the jacket by a few times???

most likely if you didnt make a stink there at that moment and fill out paperwork chances theyll prolly brush you off...

In small claims court you can sue for the cost of the jacket, (reimbursement), for any additional costs accrued like the cost of filing the index, legal fees and lost wages (indemnification) plus any punitive damages the court sees necessary to make sure such things dont happen again.

I did speak with the manager... i was fighting with them to put it in writing that they lost my jacket... from 3:10 to about 4:40... the guy even had the fucking audacity to say, "ill refund your 3$ for the coat check." I was very calm... they lost some other girls jacket and she fucking lost it... (no pun intended) she started ripping all the jackets off the hooks yelling she was gonna piss and shit on every one of them until they find her jacket... she went ape shit :laugh: those signs that say they are not responsible are bullshit.

That is simply not acceptable. I would call during business hours and ask to speak to the day manager. Night managers are usually arrogant dicks who have to much going on in their pea-sized brains to care about one customer. In my experience, coatchecks usually post signs about their policy for lost/damaged items. Some will refund a certain amount of money, but you can forget about them covering the full cost. For them to say it is not their responsibilty is horseshit. You are paying for a service, and you are entitled to something.

Originally posted by solbeam

That really sucks...I don't remember seeing any signs with their policy on lost items. However, I feel they should reimburse you for the full cost of the jacket. It's only fair, imo.

It was nice meeting you though! :)

You too... we should do it again sometime... however, im leaving my jacket in the car and im DEFINETLY not goin to Savannah.

its bailee/bailor agreement...under the UCC ur entitled to ur goods back..they were holding it and no amount of signs can indemnify them from the agreement. u never signed ur right away to get ur shit back..therefore u must be duly reimbursed for it.

one of the rights of the bailor is " the bailor will not be bound by any limitation on the bailees liability unless these limitations are known and enforceable by law"....since u signed nothing..ur bound by nothing...

honestly..someone liked ur jacket..and taxed ur shit...knowing they wont get in trouble for it..

One club when I was in Baltimore at school always did that shit. . .didnt help everyone wore the same coats. . . I used to walk there, and it would get out at 5am, so didnt care how i looked. . .I rocked the giant gray-hooded sweatshirt, and the girl i went with put her sweatshirt she wore inside of mine. When end of night, I could see my hoody amidst everything, just would say "gray hooded sweatshirt" . . .

Oh, and small claims is legit in this case, irrespective of signage. . .there was a situation with one of my friends back in the day similarly where it worked